Pit Box - Official Video from SMS

• Thread starter kkdrummer
  • 26 comments
Saw this on another thread without realizing it was "official". I thought the voice sounded familiar. 💡
Sounds like Andy Tudor to me. A bit OT, is it just me or PCars's videos always seem a little choppy? Like there are some frame pacing issues, when a game drops frames for a split second and creates this jarring feel. Might be my player though.

Sounds like Andy Tudor to me. A bit OT, is it just me or PCars's videos always seem a little choppy? Like there are some frame pacing issues, when a game drops frames for a split second and creates this jarring feel. Might be my player though.
I suspect its YouTube. My game I try to keep at a stable 48fps or higher. But sometimes when uploading in 30fps it can make it look a lot worse.

Open%20Rails%202015-03-15%2012-32-21_zps3ycznj5b.png
[/URL][/IMG]

enjoy it!

Bro-Fist-lvl-99_o_116280.jpg

Man I can't wait for this game to come out.
I loved the career mode in AC, despite it being super bare bones, so I can only imagine this will be a pipe dream for me.

does anyone know the current state of pit stops? do they look good/finished? I was also wondering if the AI pit crews were fully animated? the last few build notes I read on here seemed to show pit work in progress, just thought I'd ask how it was all going.

It's behind the scenes work so far. We don't see the crew now. I think once it's ready it will be animated crew for player and AI.

that's good. it'd be pretty cool to slowly drive down the start/finish straight while the AI is pitting and look over to see crews hard at work and not just standing still.

Personally,I really don't care what happens graphics wise in the pits. Put tires on and gas in and go race. Not a big fan of wasted processing going to a pit crew.

Personally,I really don't care what happens graphics wise in the pits. Put tires on and gas in and go race. Not a big fan of wasted processing going to a pit crew.

I agree. While it would be cool to see it's definitely something that would be on my "only if it's not taking time and resources away from other stuff" list.

I'd either have no crew at all and just select things from a menu or else have a decent-looking fully-working pit crew. I think all or nothing.

How about those pit girls? I saw some renders a long time ago, but didn't see them appear in any video so far? The ones in Shift 2 were already good so 1080p ones should look even better :D

How about those pit girls? I saw some renders a long time ago, but didn't see them appear in any video so far? The ones in Shift 2 were already good so 1080p ones should look even better :D
I remember the convo about pit girls a few months ago ;)

They looked pretty awful at the time so hopefully they have got them far more better looking & sexy 👍

Last edited:
It's fantastic that SMS included the monitor feature that F1 CE had :D

What's the monitor feature and where is it in the video?

The monitor feature is what allows you to watch the other drivers while you're sat in the pits. It can be useful to see alternative lines, especially online.

Ahhh..spectator mode..:sly:

Kind of, if you like.... Remember, spectator mode implies that you are not a competitor. A monitor is for those who are racing, just in the pits at the time. It also includes telemetry and lap times.

I remember this feature from Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series (with maximum immersion achieved in GP4 where you could watch other cars while sitting in yours instead of just jumping to other cars)

Check the video at 3:40. Apart from obvious 2013 mod (cars and drivers) eveything else is from the original game released in 2002 (and still ages ahead of current Codies' F1 games)

:lol::lol::lol: What a gentleman. "Check my car!"

I would act the same... race driver when in a racing car, gentleman when outside it (after the race I would try and find if she was ok ;))

Last edited:
Back