Pixar sells out to Disney!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sprite
  • 10 comments
  • 594 views

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
Messages
8,431
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
Messages
GTP_Sprite
Link

oh dear, this is not good for those who love Pixar Animation films, or maybe it wont be so bad what do you think?
 
It all depends on what the EXACT terms of the partnership are. If Pixar can keep it's creativity, then I don't have any problem with it.
 
Swift
It all depends on what the EXACT terms of the partnership are. If Pixar can keep it's creativity, then I don't have any problem with it.

Exactly what I was going to say.

creativity=current employees.
 
From what I read about it this morning, I think it will be good for both Disney and Pixar.
 
Hasn't Pixar been teamed with Disney since Toy Story? Why is there a problem all of a sudden?
 
Because Pixar will become Disney's full-time Biznatch? :dopey:
 
VIPFREAK
Because Pixar will become Disney's full-time Biznatch? :dopey:

Unlikely. Remember that this takeover also includes Pixar's CEO becoming Disney's largest shareholder.

Much like when Apple bought NeXT, Steve Jobs brought in his whole management team and technology tem and cleaned house. No matter how much you might dislike apple, he turned that company completely around. Avie Teneman did some HUGE things.

My bet is that Steve will put Lassiter in charge of Disney Creative. We're going to see some interesting things going on.
 
Hopefully its PIXARs creativity and skill put with Disneys financial backing. If so, we could be in for some amazing stuff.
 
The move isn't bad for Pixar, it's good for Disney. Pixar used to be Disney's only big money maker at the box-office before they split. Disney took one stab at a CGI Movie (Chicken Little) after the separation and they completely flubbed it.

Hopefully Pixar will breathe some life back into Disney Studios, they've lost quite a lot of momentum they regained with their "musical period" over the past few years.
 
I saw the new Pixar movie "Cars," or something like that, with my boys as a preview to the new movie in one of their DVDs. The boys were busting-up left and right. In another DVD, we saw a preview for Chicken Little. They didn't even chuckle at it.

I think Disney wanted a piece of the "Cars" action before it's released six months from now.
 
Solid Lifters
I think Disney wanted a piece of the "Cars" action before it's released six months from now.
That was the last movie on their previous contract which could not be renegotiate due to animosity between Eisner and Jobs. This deal had no bearing on that movie.

As for this being bad for Pixar, I don't think so. According to CNBC over the last few days all of Pixar's staff will stay on board and head up Disney's animation studios. Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple and Pixar, is now the largest shareholder in Disney. He is now on the board and might even get more than one vote, depending on how that gets worked out behind closed doors.

Either way Steve Jobs is now a part of the Disney machine and I would not be surprised to see some changes over the years that turn disney into the powerhouse that it once was. People are even buzzing about Steve Jobs becoming CEO one day, but I think Apple is too big for him to take on both companies like that.

Considering the creative and imaginative genius that is Steve Jobs I think that it is just what Disney needs to get back on track with the vision that Walt Disney had.

Pixar now has more resources and Disney now has a creative genius in a decision making position. In my opinion this is a HUGE bonus for both companies.
 
Back