PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
first-world-problems.jpg

And then someone has to ruin the spirit by posting what is the dumbest meme in existance.
Fun fact. People living in first world countries will usually have a lot of problems that aren't relevant to those in 3rd world countries, and vice versa.

Man buys PS4 from Walmart, gets two bags of rocks instead

ps4-590x330.jpg

Every time a hot new piece of electronic wizardry comes out, there are people who want to get it for free. That leads to some unfortunate shenanigans, which often leave innocent bystanders stuck holding the bag, or bag of rocks in this case. Igor Baksht bought a GTA V Playstation bundle from a Denver-area Walmart only to find he had walked out of the store with two bags of rocks. You can probably guess what happened next.

The box had all the cardboard packaging inside to retain the correct shape, but in the space where the console should be, there were rocks. The two bags of pebbles were cleverly duct-taped together to keep them from shifting around. Baksht attempted to return the bags of rocks at two different stores, which did not go well. The Store said there was nothing that could be done in that situation.

Baksht notes that he was told when purchasing the console that the item had previously been returned. The clerk also mentioned that it felt unusually heavy. Yes, Baksht should have probably checked the box while still inside the store, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Basically, someone bought a PS4 in the previous week or so, then returned two bags of rocks. Apparently no one at the store thought to check. Alternatively, it was an inside job.

After repeated attempts to get the console replaced, Baksht was finally contacted by the store manager on Christmas Eve (several days after the original purchase). The store allowed him to return the rocks and get his money back. It’s a happy ending, but also a cautionary tale. Check suspiciously heavy returned electronics before buying them.

12.jpg

Stores usually check all the stuff is in the box when taking a return, that or someone in the stock room has nabbed it. Either way I would never buy a PS4 that isn't factory sealed.

As far as I know, the PS4 automatically records the latest gameplay clips by default without broadcasting your gameplay on Twitch.

So some PS4 slim images have leaked...

New-PS4-Slim-Photos-620x548.jpg

New-PS4-Slim-Release-620x582.jpg

PS4slim_01-590x330.jpg

PS4slim_04-590x330.jpg

I would say it's pretty sure that these are fake. Just like fact the guy has 2888 unread messages in his Inbox shows he ain't some serious employee somewhere but you never know...

However I am surprised that Sony has gone so long without a new PS4 SKU, even if it's just minor internal hardware changes, die shrinking or a hard drive size change. Sure it's been selling well but you would have thought there would be a new one by now for Sony to lower it's production cost.

So some PS4 slim images have leaked...

New-PS4-Slim-Photos-620x548.jpg

New-PS4-Slim-Release-620x582.jpg

PS4slim_01-590x330.jpg

PS4slim_04-590x330.jpg

I would say it's pretty sure that these are fake. Just like fact the guy has 2888 unread messages in his Inbox shows he ain't some serious employee somewhere but you never know...

However I am surprised that Sony has gone so long without a new PS4 SKU, even if it's just minor internal hardware changes, die shrinking or a hard drive size change. Sure it's been selling well but you would have thought there would be a new one by now for Sony to lower it's production cost.
They're fake. They were confirmed to be fake about a month ago.

They're fake. They were confirmed to be fake about a month ago.

I thought as much, just the size of the design makes it not physically possible with the disc drive taking up all of the space.

I still think Sony should have released a new SKU by now.

I thought as much, just the size of the design makes it not physically possible with the disc drive taking up all of the space.

Another reason it was fake was that the disc slot would have been too small in width for the disc.

Why? The console is barely a year old. We have gone longer without any sign of a Slim model (I'm referring to the SuperSlim model) ever coming to market.

Besides, it is my personal opinion that the PS4 is small enough, especially considering the XBO.

Why? The console is barely a year old. We have gone longer without any sign of a Slim model (I'm referring to the SuperSlim model) ever coming to market.

Besides, it is my personal opinion that the PS4 is small enough, especially considering the XBO.

A new SKU is not a total change of the exterior. The PS2 and PS3 had already gone through an SKU change by this point.

Hardware improvements are usually welcome because it will use less power, be more reliable and retail for less.

I'm pretty new to the ps4. Today I tried to couple my Bluetooth headset that I used with the PS3. It's an official Sony Playstation model so I didn't expect any troubles. Sadly I was wrong as it doesn't want to connect to the ps4. Has anyone else had troubles? How did you solve them?

I'm pretty new to the ps4. Today I tried to couple my Bluetooth headset that I used with the PS3. It's an official Sony Playstation model so I didn't expect any troubles. Sadly I was wrong as it doesn't want to connect to the ps4. Has anyone else had troubles? How did you solve them?

Unfortunately, PS3 Bluetooth headsets are not compatible with the PS4. You will have a lot better luck with buying a USB headset and connecting it that way.

Has anyone played transistor a lot? it's supposed to be great but I always get bored when I play it.

I have it, but I haven't been playing a lot since I am into the other freebie game this month. It has a lot of Final Fantasy XIII influences, but it is actually good.

Unfortunately, PS3 Bluetooth headsets are not compatible with the PS4. You will have a lot better luck with buying a USB headset and connecting it that way.

Wow that is surprising, how much cost cutting did Sony do with the PS4?! I does so much less just to get it to an attractive retail price point.

Back