PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
If you're into bike racing games, I've heard RIDE is good, although buggy. Project C.A.R.S will come out eventually so theres also that :lol:

I was so excited for PS4. it had great hype behind it. But somehow I am happy with PS3 and lost interest on PS4 now. If somehow they can make it more slimmer with 1TB, GT7 announcement. Something like that to get me excited again :lol:

I was so excited for PS4. it had great hype behind it. But somehow I am happy with PS3 and lost interest on PS4 now. If somehow they can make it more slimmer with 1TB, GT7 announcement. Something like that to get me excited again :lol:
I quite like it the way it is now (the looks, I mean). Slimmer would lose a bit of the design interest it has. Plus, it'll be hard to make it smaller and maintain it at decent temperatures while running. Even as it is now, it runs quite a bit hotter than the XBOne (which is much larger with a larger cooling fan exactly because of that).
As for the disc, you can easily swap it with the one of your preference. They couldn't have made it easier with the PS4 in that aspect, it's just awesome.

As for the disc, you can easily swap it with the one of your preference. They couldn't have made it easier with the PS4 in that aspect, it's just awesome.

I agree. There really is no real difficulty in swapping out the hard disk in the PS4. Just slide out the plastic part where the disk drive is located, and you have instant access to the stock drive. As a matter of fact, if you are willing to put in a bit of work, this will easily meet the criteria and offers at least 1.5 TB of space.

Here is instructions on how to get it out of the enclosure and on to the PS4.

I quite like it the way it is now (the looks, I mean). Slimmer would lose a bit of the design interest it has. Plus, it'll be hard to make it smaller and maintain it at decent temperatures while running. Even as it is now, it runs quite a bit hotter than the XBOne (which is much larger with a larger cooling fan exactly because of that).

They can reduce the chip size, consume less power and still run at the same if not less temp. I am sure there will be a slim version sooner or later. Microsoft went over cautious and are not hardware company. Even with a power brick Xbone is really big. Definitely a slim version coming soon for it as well. I would think much sooner than PS4

They can reduce the chip size, consume less power and still run at the same if not less temp. I am sure there will be a slim version sooner or later. Microsoft went over cautious and are not hardware company. Even with a power brick Xbone is really big. Definitely a slim version coming soon for it as well. I would think much sooner than PS4

Need I remind you of all the shortcuts that Microsoft took on the 360 to reduce costs, only to end up eating millions of dollars by expanding their warranty from three months to a full year?

Don't rush them. Besides, I have heard through the grapevine that both the PS4 and XBO is getting a new redesign so that you can (at least) playback 4k movies. The only thing that is keeping them from doing it now is because of the install base of 4k TVs.

I'm just waiting for a game with some real pull. I was playing solely Driveclub for a good bit and I have played (and completed) some story-based games but right now I'm just hoping for something with a bit more substance.

If you are into Motocross Racing get this game. It is the only Motocross game on PS4 right now. They are in the making right now on the New Motocross game MXGP '15 it will be coming out in October with the 2015 MXGP tracks

MXGP - The Official Motocross Video Game $40

104623b.jpg

Hello gents, quick question, since in the summer we get lots of power outage can the PS4 get corrupted or have issues if power fails during rest mode (use it more often since suspend resume)

Mine has been turned off at the wall a couple of times whilst in rest mode with no problems but that's not to say it can't happen. I would think that if it is downloading updates or games when in rest mode that might cause problems if the power is cut at the wrong time. If I were you I would disable the options to D/L when in rest mode.

Peggle 2 is fricken' fun. Addicting as all hell!
I'm going to be getting Borderlands: The Handsome Collection today - okay, not an exclusive but if you enjoy RPGs then it will keep you busy for several hundred hours playing as the six available characters per game (I know, I've played the two games already on PS3.)

My friend loves the Borderlands series so Ive watched quite a lot of him playing it and it looks like great fun. May pick it up in the future but next game for me will be Project CARS I think.
I'm going to be getting Borderlands: The Handsome Collection today - okay, not an exclusive but if you enjoy RPGs then it will keep you busy for several hundred hours playing as the six available characters per game (I know, I've played the two games already on PS3.)

My friend loves the Borderlands series so Ive watched quite a lot of him playing it and it looks like great fun. May pick it up in the future but next game for me will be Project CARS I think.
Well, stands to reason, this being a racing forum and all :) Just seen the opening of Borderlands 2 in The Handsome Collection and it's amazing how much different it is on the PS4.

I will be going pCars-wards at some point, so maybe I'll see you there.

You can basically only shrink it if you get a cpu/gpu process shrink done, which would reduce temperatures, and therefore also the cooling requirements. They're not likely to do that yet though. They've probably got a lot of processors to use up first.

Personally, I have a 1TB drive in my PS3 that I'll just move over to the PS4 whenever I start using the PS4 more often than the PS3.

So has anyone else used a pair of headphones with their PS4 consistently? Since getting the adaptor for my Xbox I've been really enjoying playing the the headphones on instead of using my sound system but on my PS4 the sound keeps cutting out pretty consistently and it's pretty annoying but I've also only tried and noticed this with Driveclub so far since I haven't played any other games.

So has anyone else used a pair of headphones with their PS4 consistently? Since getting the adaptor for my Xbox I've been really enjoying playing the the headphones on instead of using my sound system but on my PS4 the sound keeps cutting out pretty consistently and it's pretty annoying but I've also only tried and noticed this with Driveclub so far since I haven't played any other games.
That might be a sound issue with the game. I constantly use headphones with my PS4, but they don't cut out on me on any game I throw at it

A temporary fix that I might suggest is getting a USB headset and plugging it in directly into the console. Yeah, it might create a cord trail, but it might answer the question is that really the game or is that your headphones. You can pick up a decent pair to do the job for about $20 at Walmart.

I sometimes get sound cutting out for less than a second while playing DC, try other games.

I thougt the PS4 was compatible with one specific 1TB hard drive from only one company...

Or have other cheaper alternatives come out and I've just missed the memo?

I thougt the PS4 was compatible with one specific 1TB hard drive from only one company...

Or have other cheaper alternatives come out and I've just missed the memo?

Actually, the PS4 is compatible with all hard drives of a 9.5mm thickness and at least 160GB of space. Earlier on this very page, I linked to a 2TB external drive that once the guts are removed, can give you roughly 1.5TB of hard drive space on the PS4. In fact, I think that several members have already done the swap, and have reported no issues yet.

On the other hand, the 360 was only compatible with Western Digital drives (Not sure about XBO), if you were willing to risk being banned from XBL. I made one such swap on my brother's system already without any issues.

Anybody else got NHL15 and up for a few games? Its not perfect but on the ice its pretty fun.

Is there any word of a 1TB version PS4 that's gonna be released? I don't want to go into the hassle of buying a 500GB one and swapping the hard drive for a bigger one.

I got no word of a 1TB SKU. Then again, one might be announced at E3 this year. A probable theory is that Sony wants to get rid of the 500GB stock first before offering the new SKU, but that's just me.

Regardless though, I am perfectly happy with my PS4, and barring technical failures, don't plan on going back to last gen any time soon.

Some interesting news.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/sony-admits-ps4-first-party-172632582.html

They said their 1st-party lineup this year is "a little sparse", with two of the 1st-party games being moved to a 2016 release. With that in mind, I think that GT7 not being released for this year is becoming more and more of a fact. But E3's just coming around the corner. We'll just have to wait and see.

I wish they made PS4 backwards compatible, I know PS3 is impossible but at least PS2 and PSX. I have PS2 but my TV doesn't have component imput and games look very bad.

Need I remind you of all the shortcuts that Microsoft took on the 360 to reduce costs, only to end up eating millions of dollars by expanding their warranty from three months to a full year?

Don't rush them. Besides, I have heard through the grapevine that both the PS4 and XBO is getting a new redesign so that you can (at least) playback 4k movies. The only thing that is keeping them from doing it now is because of the install base of 4k TVs.
you can play 4k movies on ps4 now !

Anybody else picking up the Elder Scrolls Online? I'm considering getting it for my birthday but it seems that PC players weren't overly impressed so that worries me.

Skyrim was a decent game, played it for about 35 hours then got bored of the fetch quests and terrible frame-rate on the PS3 version.

I know there is PlayStation Now but it isn't available in Poland and is quite expensive. I wish I could play my PS2 games on PS4. (I don't have any for the PSX)

I know there is PlayStation Now but it isn't available in Poland and is quite expensive. I wish I could play my PS2 games on PS4. (I don't have any for the PSX)
I just sent to you a way to use native hardware to play in HD. It might cost you a lot from import taxes (from the UK), but if you can make the initial investments, it can turn into easy play.

Latest Posts

Back