PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
There are some rumours going around after Sony hinted that they may make a new more powerful PS4, basically a PS4.5 around the time PlayStation VR hits the market.

Because of the x86 architecture it can be scaled up easily. So the new machine would have more RAM, a faster CPU and all the other things someone would do if they upgraded a PC.

So PS4 games would work the same on both consoles but the premium PS4 would run it at a higher FPS, support 4K, give better textures, more players/ cars on screen, load games faster etc etc.

It's an interesting prospect seeing as this generations performance gap over the last one is the smallest in history and if they want the consoles to have a long life they may have to produce more powerful versions of the same thing.

New stereo in-ear headset - Dec 2015

1446566370-in-ear-stereo-headset-for-ps4-2.jpg
1446566370-in-ear-stereo-headset-for-ps4-4.jpg
1446566370-in-ear-stereo-headset-for-ps4-1.jpg

There are some rumours going around after Sony hinted that they may make a new more powerful PS4, basically a PS4.5 around the time PlayStation VR hits the market.

Because of the x86 architecture it can be scaled up easily. So the new machine would have more RAM, a faster CPU and all the other things someone would do if they upgraded a PC.

So PS4 games would work the same on both consoles but the premium PS4 would run it at a higher FPS, support 4K, give better textures, more players/ cars on screen, load games faster etc etc.

It's an interesting prospect seeing as this generations performance gap over the last one is the smallest in history and if they want the consoles to have a long life they may have to produce more powerful versions of the same thing.
Hope this is true but kinda sucks if you already have a ps4

Well be buying a PS4 soon but (2 question_

1 do you need PS+ to update games?
2 do you need PS+ to transfer saves from a ps3 game to a ps4 game(aka) ff x/x-2 hd since my save is on the ps3 but wanna move it over to the ps4?

Well be buying a PS4 soon but (2 question_

1 do you need PS+ to update games?
2 do you need PS+ to transfer saves from a ps3 game to a ps4 game(aka) ff x/x-2 hd since my save is on the ps3 but wanna move it over to the ps4?

1. No, you have the ability to either turn on the Automatic updates via the PS4 settings.
2. PS4 doesn't support any PS3 games, in exception of PS Now (Cloud-gaming). Pretty much useless, until Sony gives a greenlight to backwards compatibility & that may enable you to transfer your save games whether which game they'll pick for backwards capability.

Look out for more here.

@Chikane Cross-save does not require PS+. Only thing that actually requires PS+ is playing most games online.

@gtone339 I am fairly certain it is impossible for a PS4 to even emulate a PS3 game, so it would be virtually impossible for Sony to "green light" backwards compatibility. What Chikane is asking about is a feature some games have called "Cross-Save", which allows certain PS3/4/Vita games to share gamesaves between platforms.

@Chikane Cross-save does not require PS+. Only thing that actually requires PS+ is playing most games online.

@gtone339 I am fairly certain it is impossible for a PS4 to even emulate a PS3 game, so it would be virtually impossible for Sony to "green light" backwards compatibility. What Chikane is asking about is a feature some games have called "Cross-Save", which allows certain PS3/4/Vita games to share gamesaves between platforms.
Venom800tt Yea thats what i meant my ps3 game save over to the ps4 since ff x/x-2 supports that feature..Thanks for the answer :)

I am seriously on the fence here on wanting to get a PlayStation 4. In one way, I felt I was a good bit late when I bought my PS3 back in 2011. Then the PS4 arrives a few years later. Maybe I felt so much like I've been too late with the PS3 especially when I remember that sort of 10-year plan with the PlayStation consoles when it was mentioned long ago. at an E3 once. I began mostly feeling like I joined the PS3 party too late. But at the same time, I haven't really seen a lot of PS4 material I want to get. I've been out of the loop, so to speak. So I'm sort of between "I guess I'm okay with my PS3" and "maybe I should invest in the PS4."

On top of that, I have sort of adopted a kind of mentality in recent times which I've begun to be more interested (to an extent) to more indie-type titles more than trying to play the major games. That just further adds to the sort of confusion of if (and maybe when) I should step up to a PS4. It is a real confusing spot for me as a gamer. I surely hope I don't get to be too late if/when I get a PS4.

@JohnBM01

This article popped up today...

Fans of the PlayStation 4 console are certainly not short of choice as the available library passes a milestone mark.

Here at finder.com we’ve been tracking the install sizes of every PS4 game in order to help fans best manage their meagre hard drive space. You can see the full list here. In accumulating that list, we’ve been able to identify the number of games available to consumers in the West at any one time and as of November 2015, two years after the launch of the console, the PS4 games library has passed the 500 mark.

In fact, according to our database – which has been fact-checked against the PlayStation Store itself – there are now 516 games available on the PlayStation 4. 264 of these are “indies” (published by independent developers or small, indie-focused publishers). The remaining 252 have come through major publishers. We can anticipate another 20 or so titles arriving by the end of the year as well, depending on what the indies throw up.

It’s a milestone certainly worth celebrating, and the figure is well ahead of rival console the Xbox One, which has a currently available library of 349 games. However, the latter is expected to add 100 games through backwards compatibility on November 12.

I'm planning to get a PS4 soon (finally) and to get it with some sort of bundle. Any good bundles out there? Not very concerned with pricing at the moment, but eventually look in to see if it's worth the price

I'm planning to get a PS4 soon (finally) and to get it with some sort of bundle. Any good bundles out there? Not very concerned with pricing at the moment, but eventually look in to see if it's worth the price
Sam's Club has a $299:99 deal next week with a free game. Google it.

Going out to pick up the COD Black Ops 3 Bundle soon which released today. Cool looking console and controller with 1TB for $499. I'm selling the game for $70 tonight I'll buy Driveclub and Project Cars used. Looking forward to the graphics is Driveclub and gameplay/physics of PCars. Yeah! 👍

More info on the PlayStation VR specs have been released. This thing is going to be good but cost probably more than a PS4!

Analysts are expecting it to kill Oculus dead because the PlayStation brand has more pull. If it also works with PC straight out of the box it will be king instantly.

Going out to pick up the COD Black Ops 3 Bundle soon which released today. Cool looking console and controller with 1TB for $499. I'm selling the game for $70 tonight I'll buy Driveclub and Project Cars used. Looking forward to the graphics is Driveclub and gameplay/physics of PCars. Yeah! 👍

Wow you're in for a great weekend. Enjoy.:)

Sam's Club has a $299:99 deal next week with a free game. Google it.

I mentioned this even before the ad went live, like on the 2nd.
Will be for all members at 7 am. Which is what I am going to get.

I mentioned this even before the ad went live, like on the 2nd.
Will be for all members at 7 am. Which is what I am going to get.
Yeah in your profile post,sorry I usually don't read people's profile posts.

Backwards compatibility isn't ruled out yet, but its not part of their to-do-list. Event though Microsoft has tackled their way of providing the BC feature for their XBONE & that's a great feature for fans who wants to reply their previous-gen titles on to their next-gen console.

Yes you right about #Chikane referring to bring over PS3 save games over to the PS4 via Cloud storage isn't possible at this stage, but I have no idea whether the cloud-stored PS3 save games would work for PS Now PS3 games.

Can anyone here clarify this?

Well I am still waiting for my PS4.
They were supposed to have 8 on hand for yesterday, instead they only had 2. Although 6 more was supposed to come in at noon yesterday and so far they didn't. So I am on the list just waiting for it to come in. Should be today sometime (I hope)

Edit: Still waiting. Although ISIS reportedly communicated through the PS4 before the attack on Paris. (Maybe it's my delay?)

Last edited:
I got my PS4, already got Spotify. Now just have to figure out how to add my music or just use spotify with commercials. (Dunno which way I want to do it)

Back