PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
I got my PS4, already got Spotify. Now just have to figure out how to add my music or just use spotify with commercials. (Dunno which way I want to do it)
It's best controlled using Spotify Connect from your phone, tablet or computer. 👍

1447922399-3.jpg
1447922400-1.jpg
1447922400-13.jpg

PS4 PS2 emulation underway

Last edited:
Although it's a PS2 question rather than a PS4, I figured it would be better to put it here than in its own thread.

A local store focusing on used games and consoles (Atari, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, etc, all the way to used Xbone and PS4 games) has a bunch of old racing games for PS2 I never played but wanna buy (Enthusia $5, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero $10, TOCA race driver 2 $8) and I have no idea how long they will be there.

However, my old original PS3 and my PS2 both need laser replacements.

With Christmas coming and past poor decisions I don't have enough money to both buy the games and the $80 laser replacement.

Should I buy the games and wait for late January/February to get my PS2 fixed so I could play them or just wait and hope they don't vanish off the shelves?

From what I have heard the PS2 emulator is already on the PS4 on the Battlefront system. (Probably locked somewhere) is what I have heard.

Also wondering if you have one of those old headsets back in the day on PS3 the one you get from Socom Confortation I think. Has anyone got that to work with the PS4?

Was planning on buying a PS4 this weekend in the blackfriday deals, rubbish deals or ps5everywhere. Most of the deals with a decent price tag consist of reworked ps3 games i've already played, or fifa16 which i think is rubbish. Battlefront which i like the look of but none of my mates have it and going by the reviews i wont be playing it for very long.

There have been far better deals in recent weeks. The best deal i have seen is £248 for ps4 500g+uncharted collection+fifa16.

What you guys think of that deal? sound good except i have no unterest in the games and dont want to fork out for extra games at the mo plus psn.

I haven't been able to test many PlayStation 4 games. Earlier today, I played a demo to one of those Disney Infinity games. I always wondered what it was like playing one of those games each time I've seen them at Wal-Mart stores. Pretty fun game playing the "Twilight of the Republic" demo set. Since I haven't been in the loop much on understanding the PS4, there aren't too many games I really look forward to or want to get. I don't have a PS4.

Interesting find.
Are you happy with the quality of PSN?
If you are not then complain it to be free.
PSN could of been free but costs is up which would result in lower quality of service.

http://www.geek.com/games/sony-psn-running-costs-are-too-high-to-keep-it-free-on-ps4-1560398/

A two and a half year old article is hardly a relevant "find". I oppose having to pay to use the full content of my games, but that said, I wouldn't accept a lesser online experience that what is currently offered via PSN.

A two and a half year old article is hardly a relevant "find". I oppose having to pay to use the full content of my games, but that said, I wouldn't accept a lesser online experience that what is currently offered via PSN.

It was posted with the 1TB Ultimate gamers PS4 thing. So I don't know what to tell you. Besides an 8% increase in performance and 10% power reduction/lighter.

A little scare of buying a PS4 now :indiff: Does the 12xx Modal of the Ps4 still have that problem? The random eject disc that i been hearing of?

I wouldn't think so; remember, the 12XX PS4's have mechanical buttons, so a static build up near them wouldn't cause a disk to eject from the PS4 like what the previous models did with their touch sensitive buttons.

I wouldn't think so; remember, the 12XX PS4's have mechanical buttons, so a static build up near them wouldn't cause a disk to eject from the PS4 like what the previous models did with their touch sensitive buttons.
That's good to know

edited

well guess i'll wait ti'll Sunday to buy the ps4 and gta 5 :gtpflag:

Code:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/01/two-ps4-bundles-just-299-99-each-starting-december-6th/

Last edited:
Playstation Awards 2015 award winners.
Platinum Award:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Minecraft
Dragon Quest Heroes

Gold Award:
Bloodborne
God Eater 2
Grand Theft Auto V
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Yakuza 0

User Choice Prize:
Bloodborne
Grand Theft Auto V
Dragon Quest Heroes
The Witcher 3

User Choice Prize Asia:
Bloodborne
Yakuza 0
Grand Theft Auto V
The Witcher 3
Yakuza 0

PlayStation Network Award
Minecraft
Final Fantasy XIV Online
Phantasy Star Online 2

Asia Special Award
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Grand Theft Auto V
The Witcher 3

Last edited:
Just a few days left until the Playstation Experience thingy. Hoping and counting on a price and release date for the Playstation VR. I am hyped!

It's gonna be garbage if people have to re buy the ps2 classics they had on ps3. I hope they add Burnout Revenge to the list btw. One of my favorite favourite ps2 games along with NASCAR 03-06, Need for speed most wanted (2005 version) need for speed pro streets and NFL street 2 and Gran Turismo 3 and 4.

Seriously? That is not "backwards compatibility". Why can't they at least do what the XB1 does and let us have the games provided we own the original disc? I'll be passing on this unless Gran Turismo 3 & 4 and Burnout 3 come to it.

At least it isn't the PS Now BS

Back