PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Ok so i bought a ps4, grear huh? i should be excited to play it right? well i cant because sony are asking me to verify my email but i am not recieving any email from them. A google search shows i am not the only one with this problem but sony are playing it down like its only a handfull of people. 40quid for psn and they cant even send me an email, why would i have any faith in psn?

Yup--in exactly the same boat here. It seems like nothing has changed with Sony.

I have indeed, Its seriously annoying i cant do anything at the moment. I currently have a very expensive doorstop, This is unnacpetable to me, I pays my money i expect to be playing within 30 minutes of opening the box. I've looked on their twitter and its just all "we're looking into it", Youve had a bloody year to look into it. This is the kind of stuff that is turning me away from gaming along with needing to be signed in to play my games.
That must indeed be frustrating, like the others are suggesting though, I think it's likely due to the extra load of the Christmas influx; especially with a high proportion of new accounts as people who have never had a PSN ID join in. Talking of which, I was always under the impression that you had a PSN account already, or do those need verifying on PS4? It's been two years since we got ours so my memory of that time is a little foggy right now.

In other words, if you'd had a PSN ID on the PS3 then you should be able to dive straight on in.

Last edited:
@MeanElf if memory serves me, if you move from PS3 to 4 it didn't need to be verified.

It did when the PSN got hacked as I never did my partners account.

I had to verify my account yesterday when I changed from a secondary accountin my old mans PS4 to the main account on my own PS4. However it only wanted my card details to confirm for purchases.

I was planning on buying a PS4 soon but Santa surprised me with one! what a great guy. So thoughtful. I got the Star Wars bundle with five games! How exciting! But I don't remember my PSN password so there it sits unplayed.

Ho... Ho... Ho...

I was planning on buying a PS4 soon but Santa surprised me with one! what a great guy. So thoughtful. I got the Star Wars bundle with five games! How exciting! But I don't remember my PSN password so there it sits unplayed.

Ho... Ho... Ho...

.........how about go to forgot password? And make up a new one....

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles @lancia delta hf if does sound like extream load after the holidays with new people getting PS4's and PS3's.

On another note my fiancée bought me a PS4 this year. I've been using my old mans since launch and while I didn't have a console on my mind for a present its a very nice and welcome one.

She got me the 1tb version. Soive been moving my saves over and installing my games and doing the obligatory patches. It fits in perfectly with the other entertainment bits.

It's bottom right below the Wii U.

View attachment 495747
Cheers, nice set up. It is sorted now, typical you wait ages for one bus then 3 come along at once, they sent me am email exactly at midnight, then 2 more at one minute passed lol.

Yup--in exactly the same boat here. It seems like nothing has changed with Sony.
Hve you had succes yet?
That must indeed be frustrating, like the others are suggesting though, I think it's likely due to the extra load of the Christmas influx; especially with a high proportion of new accounts as people who have never had a PSN ID join in. Talking of which, I was always under the impression that you had a PSN account already, or do those need verifying on PS4? It's been two years since we got ours so my memory of that time is a little foggy right now.

In other words, if you'd had a PSN ID on the PS3 then you should be able to dive straight on in.
This is what annoyed me most, i used my ps3 account so couldnt understand why i would need to verify my account again. Its sorted now but im doing loads of updating for my games etc so still havent got a chance to play it lol.

Okay. I'm having the issue of getting the error code EC-35290-9 with all discs I'm trying to use. PS4 games, Blue-Rays, and even DVDs. I have tried off-and-on and plugging the system completely out and back in, but neither has yet worked.

I was wondering if any of you has experienced this issue before, and if it is possible to fix this without sending it to Sony.

Okay. I'm having the issue of getting the error code EC-35290-9 with all discs I'm trying to use. PS4 games, Blue-Rays, and even DVDs. I have tried off-and-on and plugging the system completely out and back in, but neither has yet worked.

I was wondering if any of you has experienced this issue before, and if it is possible to fix this without sending it to Sony.
Unicorn-Justice's reply seems the best bet.

Wanna get a year of psn plus. But not 100% sure please help

Cons

Free games - Don't really care about free games

Multiplayer online games - Don't have any friends to play online with so don't care

Discounts - Don't really care about a $2 dollar discount on a game

Pros - ?????

So is psn plus worth it?

So is psn plus worth it
Clearly not for you but I think it is.

Sure I was very disappointed about having to pay for online, but free games and discounts will make the costs up over time and give me a game/DLC pack I want while doing so.

Playstation Plus Free Games January 2016

Will probably get Hardware Rivals as I quite liked the beta.

I can't not get Grim Fandango just because it looks so ridiculously brilliant!

Did you play it the first time around back in '98?

I still have my original PC version packed away.

Great game and very funny.

Did you play it the first time around back in '98?

I still have my original PC version packed away.

Great game and very funny.
I would have been 1 year old at the time, so this'll be my first time 👍

Anyone know whats up with my PS4 control?

out of no where the circle and triangle buttons have gotten stiff and hard to press? I normally keep my control plugged in since i sit so close to the tv but in the last 4 days i have lost connecting twice now?

:indiff:

Last edited:
Anyone know whats up with my PS4 control?

out of no where the circle and triangle buttons have gotten stiff and hard to press? I normally keep my control plugged in since i sit so close to the tv but in the last 4 days i have lost connecting twice now?

:indiff:
How old is the controller, launch day or mid-2014+? My rear buttons (the trigger buttons in FPS games) on my launch day controller got stiff for a couple of months and then got lose again.

How old is the controller, launch day or mid-2014+? My rear buttons (the trigger buttons in FPS games) on my launch day controller got stiff for a couple of months and then got lose again.
12/06/15

But for some reason there back to normal again :indiff: hopefully the disconnecting things stops as well

Hopefully not looking like that though. I guess that model is from some of the questionable Activision games, this is the Crash we should be seeing.

7754.png

Guess it all depends if it's just a Activison game Sony are teasing or if they bought the rights back.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-01-playstation-4-to-pc-remote-play-coming-in-next-update

PlayStation 4 firmware update v3.50 includes a big new feature: PS4 Remote Play to PC and Mac.

Sony has been working on PC streaming for some time.

The ability to stream PS4 gameplay to your home computer brings the Sony console's capabilities into line with Xbox One, which offers this with Windows 10.

There's no date yet for the roll-out of firmware v3.50, although Sony has said it will begin beta testing other features - not including Remote Play - from tomorrow.

Other features in v3.50 include - finally - the ability to be notified when friends come online and the ability to set yourself to appear offline.

You'll also be able to set a scheduled event - such as a gameplay session with friends, and set for specific people to be automatically added to a party.

Parties will be better supported with the ability to see what each Party member is playing so you can join in or start a new game together.

Finally, PS4 will allow you to stream live gameplay to Dailymotion.

We'll update this when we get a firm public roll-out date.

Friend notifications is useful, scheduled event too should be good.

Looking forward to it. Some useful features. They said they will reveal more features later this month. Hopefully we can get folders in this update as well.

I like the notification and the offline. Other than that rest is kinda meh.
At lease I got into the beta just to see how bad or good it is.
Also with the beta (If anyone has done it before)
If you run it till it's released will it just update from that or would you have to go back to update?

If I buy a new PS4 and sign in to my original account with downloads and everything will I be able to re-download anything that's in my Library?

Back