PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Impressive price point, and perfectly fine specs. I'll need to try one before spending money on it, but color me intrigued.

Daaaaaaamn that's a lot, I'll need to try one with AC7 before I even think about buying one.

I would need to try it out first, but if GT Sport uses it pretty effectively, consider me in.

Still wonder why people complain about the price. From what I have seen, this new VR stuff is finally where it should be and we're only in the early stages. This is not VR from the 80's and 90's people. :lol:

I'm like a lot of you guys, I need to try before I buy. I wear glasses and can only see effective vision in one eye so it may be a little wasted on me.

Price wise Sony got it spot on. Couple the PSVR with Gold Headphones and playing games may have just changed for the future.

Last edited:
I'm like a lot of you guys, I need to try before I buy. I wear glasses and can only see effective vision in one eye so it may be a little wasted on me.
I never thought of that, I'm in the same boat as you.

Just been sent this from Sony.

image.jpeg

I would need to try it out first, but if GT Sport uses it pretty effectively, consider me in.

Still wonder why people complain about the price. From what I have seen, this new VR stuff is finally where it should be and we're only in the early stages. This is not VR from the 80's and 90's people. :lol:
My mate said it was too expensive when i told him it would be at least £300, i dont know what planet he is on, Mobile phones cost twice that and they come out every year so R&D costs are well covered as well as other costs. I try explaining real VR systems years ago cost thousands and were rubbish compared to what this will do.

p.s just a heads up, theres a deal on trials fusion with all dlc included for just £9.99 and ends today. Well worth money

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=EP0001-CUSA00230_00-TRIALSFUSION0002

Price wise Sony got it spot on. Couple the PSVR with Gold Headphones and playing games may have just changed for the future.

PSVR is the best headset in terms of comfort for those with and without glasses according to impressions.

Sweet, I'll probably nab that bundle. Don't really have any interest in the Move controllers, but I suppose I might as well give them a try them since that bundle isn't much more expensive than simply buying PSVR and the camera separately.

Anyway... rumors of a PS4.5 are swirling about, and everybody seems to have their panties in a knot over it. Personally I think it's great.

Console architecture at this point is basically the same as PC, which means they can upgrade the CPU and GPU whilst easily maintaining compatibility with pre-existing hardware. Basically, not only can we get a new console that has free backwards compatibility (something everybody loves to complain about), but also the old PS4 console can be forward-compatible with the new console's software... just running it at lower resolution, lower framerates, and/or with some of the visual bells & whistles disabled.

Sounds like win/win to me.

I can't speak on the behalf of everyone planning to purchase a PS4 in the near future, but the way I see it, rumours of the PS4.5 puts people off buying the current console for two reasons:

1) They are just going to wait for the PS4.5 instead (what I am going to end up doing)
2) Even if prospect buyers still want a PS4, a price cut is bound to happen with the launch of the PS4.5.

Let's see what E3 2016 brings (if anything, they may hold it off for another year). I would be disappointed if the new console isn't given the name "PS4K" 💡

End of console gaming imminent then.

Some people just don't get the concept of mass market appeal of every console playing every game on that system exactly the same as every other version of that same console.

In my view, the only reason PS4 and xboxone are PC chipset based is because it was low risk in case the games market in the West was heading the same way as in the East.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with upgrading.

Complete and utter baffoons ruining console gaming. Go play your PC's if you want to be able to upgrade, and leave consoles as they are. In a way, this is similiar to day one DLC, in the sense that a bunch of idiots will/can ruin it for everyone else by supporting it.

Last edited:
Having upgradable consoles will only seek to divide the community. The whole point of consoles was to have one box for a generation, with the occasional slim variant update once the early models have run their course.

Trying to turn console gaming into PC gaming is just wrong and completely takes away the pick-up-and-play aspect that has kept consoles strong for so long.

If it goes this way, I would rather just quit gaming for good than go to the generation after PS4.

Going on the whole PS4.5 with the addition of Xbox unlocking cross platform play for PC/PS4 it was bound to happen where pretty soon everyone will have lack of consoles and all run on PC with their own controller.

The problem you have is that gaming performance is moving on a pace, and it seems to move quicker with each passing year. I realise Moore's law doesn't hold true anymore but even a smaller increase than doubling year on year is a significant increase in processing power. This means that consoles become obsolete (when compared to what's possible) quicker than they used to. So to keep pace they need to offer limited upgrades through the life of the console or the lifetime of a console will get shorter with each generation in my opinion.

Complete and utter baffoons ruining console gaming. Go play your PC's if you want to be able to upgrade, and leave consoles as they are. In a way, this is similiar to day one DLC, in the sense that a bunch of idiots will/can ruin it for everyone else by supporting it.
Wah, wah! The world doesn't work the way I want it to so everybody else is an idiot! Maybe they are not the idiots and you are for not supporting it ;)

In reality, no ones an idiot, people just make different choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem you have is that gaming performance is moving on a pace, and it seems to move quicker with each passing year. I realise Moore's law doesn't hold true anymore but even a smaller increase than doubling year on year is a significant increase in processing power. This means that consoles become obsolete (when compared to what's possible) quicker than they used to. So to keep pace they need to offer limited upgrades through the life of the console or the lifetime of a console will get shorter with each generation in my opinion.

Except they were a long way behind reasonably priced gaming PC kit right from the start this generation. That wasn't the case with previous generations. Yes the PC quickly matched and then surpassed what the console could do but they weren't starting from so far behind as with this generations low tech start point.

Back