PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series Shortages Might Last Into 2022

This is bad news if you really want one but there aren't that many great games on either console yet anyway. If there are they are likely also available on the previous gen equivalent. I only bought a PS5 because my PS4 was slowly dying.

I’m glad and very fortunate to have both systems then. I preordered the Xbox Series X at my local GameStop when the preorder day was first announced, and did the same with the PS5 as well and have had them both since launch day.

People aren’t missing out on much anyway, besides the extra power. I came from base PS4 so it was totally worth it for me. If I had a pro then I probably would have waited longer.

That being said, they aren’t impossible to get, you just have to put the work in. I see restocks on twitter almost every week.

Eh, as long as GT7 isn't out there's no urgency for me to get a hold of a PS5. And as others have pointed out already there are ways to get one if you really want to. Just yesterday I saw a German listing on ebay offering the disc edition for 525 Euros plus shipping. When I first saw it in the afternoon there were 8 units in stock and they were all gone by the evening. It's still a struggle to get a PS5 but as market saturation is slowly going up prices seem to be coming down at last.

Last edited:
Well that's a bummer. I really want to get a PS5 but once it's normal price not scalper's inflated price. I'd buy a normal priced one as soon as I can get one readily available.

It's really going to be bad for the electronics industry if China makes a move on Taiwan too. Hopefully, that's not going to happen because with two of the three major semi-conductor manufacturers being Taiwanese that would spell disaster for the world economy.

On a lighter note, I really hope that GPUs are available by 2022 too.

I AM so happy i spend whole night to order a polish series x back in oktober so i had him on release..... IT was a short night before work with allot of frustration but i have IT haha

Feel sorry for the rest....

I have two PS5 DEs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jerome

lol they weren't going to make game consoles in the US.
It's not a matter of producing the console themselves in the US, it's a matter of producing these semi-conductors in the US. A varied competitive market benefits everyone, both business and customer. With too much reliance on one particular origin of production (whether country or company) it limits the free market which is bad for everyone. We're experiencing this bad for everyone right now with consoles and computer parts in general either being out of stock or their prices inflated drastically. To sit there and laugh about it is of the utmost stupid reaction because this is a serious situation that will have implications on the global economy going forward.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of producing the console themselves in the US, it's a matter of producing these semi-conductors in the US.
I don't understand what is supposed to be the difference with producing one thing here, and another thing here.

To sit there and laugh about it is of the utmost stupid reaction because this is a serious situation that will have implications on the global economy going forward.
Trump was right to push for US manufacturing.
This is, in a way, ironic.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of producing the console themselves in the US, it's a matter of producing these semi-conductors in the US. A varied competitive market benefits everyone, both business and customer. With too much reliance on one particular origin of production (whether country or company) it limits the free market which is bad for everyone. We're experiencing this bad for everyone right now with consoles and computer parts in general either being out of stock or their prices inflated drastically. To sit there and laugh about it is of the utmost stupid reaction because this is a serious situation that will have implications on the global economy going forward.

The fact that it’s a free and competitive market is the very reason why they are not manufactured in the US.

The fact that it’s a free and competitive market is the very reason why they are not manufactured in the US.
It's a two-way street.

I'm not here to start a debate, you can honestly take my comment(s) with a grain of salt.

That's fine it's not like GT7 would just magically release this year anyway.
Right now PS5 needs at least 5 must have games to make me get the console later this year.
And I just traded my PS4 for RGH Xbox 360 S for my arcade racing needs.
The lack of big budget excellent arcade racers on PS4 was very disappointing.
I already have GT5 for hybrids and now Xbox 360 for my arcade needs I'm all set until PS5 is readily available and GT7 will hopefully already released.
Well back to TDU and PGR4 for me.

Without decent software the PS5 is nothing more than a difficult to acquire device to stream movies & TV shows on. :lol:

So wait- the semiconductor manufacturing process is water-intensive, so we are building a factory in ARIZONA? Keep up the innovative thinking, folks!

We're experiencing this bad for everyone right now with consoles and computer parts in general either being out of stock or their prices inflated drastically.
Yes, because demand is significantly higher than previous launches of computer hardware and game consoles even though the supply is in line with previous ones; in the middle of and as a result of a global pandemic.

Not a "affected only TMSC's Taiwan facilities" pandemic.

To sit there and laugh about it is of the utmost stupid reaction because this is a serious situation that will have implications on the global economy going forward.
*makes jerkoff motion*

Yeah, regurgitating Trump talking points is much more thought out. My apologies for not recognizing how serious it is that people can't buy PS5s and SeXs to play the no games they have on.

Last edited:
Primarily the fact that importing the necessary rare earth metals halfway across the planet is far more expensive, more prone to supply chain hangups and vastly slower than just building the factory in the country where the metals are located, and the national government has no problem with the giant strip mines needed to get at them in any significant quantity. And also where the factory workers will work 12+ hours a day for dog food and pocket change

If the cost of recovering those metals from the mountains of e-waste generated every year didn't far outweigh the amount of actually recoverable material, things might be somewhat different.

I'm super frustrated that I can't find a PS5. My PS4 died in January 2020, so I'm stuck on a PS3. Can't see buying a PS4 just to play GT Sport.

There are PS5's available in my area advertised on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, and even NextDoor. But there have been some robberies during the attempted sales, and another where the buyer was shot and injured pretty severely. That one happened at a park less than a few miles from me.

There are PS5's available in my area advertised on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, and even NextDoor. But there have been some robberies during the attempted sales, and another where the buyer was shot and injured pretty severely. That one happened at a park less than a few miles from me.

I guess video games really can lead to violence.

No worries. I'm not planning on buying one before the PSVR 2 and GT7 is released.

I'm super frustrated that I can't find a PS5. My PS4 died in January 2020, so I'm stuck on a PS3. Can't see buying a PS4 just to play GT Sport.

After reading your story i consider myself very lucky and fortunate then,i got my ps5 disc edition on a preorder i made last year end of nov and it came through this year in the last week of feb,again extremely lucky,for now i have 3 ps5 games,the plus collection and over 200 ps4 games in my backlog that i'm ploughing through,including gt sport on the single player campaign,just need the last 3 high prized cars,2 ferrari's and an aston martin db5 and i'm sorted,meanwhile i await streets of rage 4 dlc nightmare mr x and i can safely say i'm enjoying the ps5 for what's on offer,i was hoping gt7 would have made it this year but something to look forward to in 2022 i guess :) Almost forgot to say,i hope with a lot of luck and a miracle you get one as well !!

Last edited:
Back