PlayStation 5 Games Reveal Event Confirmed for June 4

You guys are pretty optimistic. Have we has a GT game shown at a console reveal since PS2?
I think the next GT showing is extremely unlikely but hey, I hope I’m wrong!
We got GT-HD at the PS3 launch.

Also PS4 was the first console generation with only one GT title, and the PS5 architecture is in the line of the PS4 so it’s easier to port games... so why not? Maybe not day one, but definitely not the usual wait time we are used to.

Besides, GT with ray-tracing and 8k already exists, so it’s a little step for a « real » GT on PS5.

Going by the picture, they seem to have dropped the two-tone colour scheme for the controller, so that's a good thing IMO.

If the next GT is not a PS5 launch title it will be a clear sign to me that things will never change. Demos, sneak peeks, prologues don't count. We're tired of that since 2008.
PD and Sony have the time, the resources, the money to make it happen. It's all at their advantage.
Players have been begging for more GT since the PSX and PS2 era. People want a glorious GT title.
Personally I'm still waiting since GT4.

-A real offline career mode?
-All of the classic GT circuits?
-More famous real life circuits?
-Extensive car customization and tuning for ALL cars?
-An easy to use multiplayer? (Forza Motorsport style)
-A working penalty system?
-A clutch button for controller users?
-A decent amount of cars since day1 for every single car brand? Where are the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, Montreal, GTV6, 147 V6, 155 DTM? Where are the classic Ferrari's like the 250 Testarossa and 250 California, F50 GT, F40 LM, F355 Berlinetta (my favourite of all time), 360 Challenge Stradale and FXX Evoluzione/599XX Evo? Where's the Lister Storm (+GT version)? Vector M12? Jaguar XJ220 (a must have)? Where are the Lotus Esprit V8, Elise, Exige, GT1, and so on? Subaru STi 2003? Pagani Zonda F/Tricolore? BMW M1 Procar? And so on...
-More old school car classes?
-No more duplicates?
-A decent economy system that allows you to buy the most expensive cars?
-A more immersive driving experience with life-like vibrations in the cockpit?
-900 degrees wheel rotation in cockpit view? (it was teased in an early version of GT5 Prologue and never saw the light of day)

Last edited:
Wait til you get to your 40s, all the excitement you get is news like this... The only fun ride i get is the hype train... that's the most i can get these days...
Obviously i am over exagerate a little bit... even the hype train is no longer fun....

You need to buy a motorcycle immediately.
Just commuting to work on one will give you a tremendous amount of energy and excitement.

I completely understand though, at 43 myself things that used to excite us get dull quickly.
We've either gamed too much or it's a matter of money. Meaning when you're young and want things there's no money, when you're older and have money it's just not as exciting.
Young ones around here don't understand but they will in 20 years.

I don't know...according to many sources the next week is not the time of the exclusive games. Take it easy your hype, people
Hmm considering they said they will be showing exclusively what’s coming to PS5, you may not have the best sources

Yeah, I'm really really hope they put Pikes peak in there finally... The SSD and hardware is more than perfect for it rendering mountains and large terrains.
I don't ask for more than how nice we play in dirt rally, except, be able to use several cars and not just 6 rally cars. I have the Audi etron ready and looking forward to this track.

You need to buy a motorcycle immediately.
Just commuting to work on one will give you a tremendous amount of energy and excitement.

I completely understand though, at 43 myself things that used to excite us get dull quickly.
We've either gamed too much or it's a matter of money. Meaning when you're young and want things there's no money, when you're older and have money it's just not as exciting.
Young ones around here don't understand but they will in 20 years.

I don't have issues finding fun anywhere, the matter of fact is that everything requires time, and time (and money) is not what I have in excess...
I barely have time to sleep just to keep on top of regular life stuff...

I can easily find fun in everything i do or see, but have barely have time to properly enjoy anything without a guilt trip from the wife.

I love speed too much and Knowing myself, a bike is way too risky for my own good... Cops already love me as it is...
I am keeping myself away from motorbikes on purpose.

Last edited:
Respects shall be paid to those who are willing to testpurchase the launch day/first model PS5s so that the later revisions of the hardware won't overheat/have random software problems/won't scratch optical discs/whatever other "I paid $500+ for THIS!?" problems typically occur with first batches.

Respects shall be paid to those who are willing to testpurchase the launch day/first model PS5s so that the later revisions of the hardware won't overheat/have random software problems/won't scratch optical discs/whatever other "I paid $500+ for THIS!?" problems typically occur with first batches.
Haha so I'm not the only one thinking this. The story repeats itself every.single.time.

Did the ps4 have issues? My day 1 one still works.
PS4 and Xbox one were low tech devices. Reliability should be a given.

We got GT-HD at the PS3 launch.

Also PS4 was the first console generation with only one GT title, and the PS5 architecture is in the line of the PS4 so it’s easier to port games... so why not? Maybe not day one, but definitely not the usual wait time we are used to.

Besides, GT with ray-tracing and 8k already exists, so it’s a little step for a « real » GT on PS5.

GT-HD demo mate. D.e.m.o.

Not had a single issue with my pre-ordered ps4 pro, I'll almost certainly be pre-ordering a ps5 too. I've been a playstation user since the original playstation and I've had NO issues with any of them not sure about my original ps but the ps2 I gave away to a friend is still working fine as is the PS3, ps4 and the ps4 pro that all still get used by me

I'm not going to get a PlayStation 5 until the following games are released
Gran Turismo 7, Grand Theft Auto 6, Red Dead Redemption 3, Assetto Corsa 2.

You could be waiting a long long time. Is Red Dead 3 even going to happen? Hoepfully GT7/8 will be a launch or early release, I don't think we'll see GTA 6 any time soom and I'm not sure we'll see RDR3 within the next 4 years if at all.

GT-HD demo mate. D.e.m.o.
When it comes to « a GT game accompanying a PlayStation launch event », I think GT HD is far more tangible and closer to the real deal than the original GT2000 on PS2 he was referring to.

According to some sources, GTA6 is not expected before 2023, let alone RDR3!

Last edited:

It wobbled :lol:

N8hX.gif

Yes.
Mine always has some problems with the optical drive and front touch buttons since I bought it in 2013.
Last year it got really ugly when my PS4 wouldn't start, giving me an error code. I think it had something to do with the power or the hard drive. I had to follow a guide from the playstation website to make it start again. The same thing happened another 2 or 3 times later on.
Fan getting really loud at times, since the first day, and the console is always placed in a fresh spot with space at its sides and behind it.
Buzzing noises when it's completely turned off. Probably the internal power unit.
I couldn't change it when it was in warranty because I was living abroad.
Also let's not forget about the rubber of analog sticks getting consumed all the time. I think I had to change 4 controllers, then finally bought some rubber covers and even changed to metal sticks on one of my DS4s. But out of the box, the quality of the rubber part is very bad for the price of a DS4. I don't know about the very recent ones, I'm talking about those I bought from 2013 to 2016.

If GT7 is a launch title, I will buy the console day one. If not, then I will wait until it releases.

I will be waiting a long time and the other reason I won't get PlayStation 5 when it's released is because my TV is 9 years old and isn't going to make things look better.

Feeling pessimistic about it, but when I got my first non-Nintendo platform (PS3) there were certain exclusives that I got hooked on (MotorStorm, Resistance, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and Killzone)... all of which are now gone, or have been absent for several years. In spite of that, I'm really hoping that this event shows at least one of those franchises returning. Otherwise I don't have much of a reason to own both a Playstaion and Xbox going forward. I've grown accustomed to both interfaces, and both new platforms are ridiculously powerful compared to what I own now. So the exclusives are all that matter in my eyes, they're the sole deciding factor... unless one company decides to blindside players the same way Microsoft did with the initial launch of the Xbox One.

Not trying to discredit Sony's current theme of 1st party games, their overwhelming success has proven that this is the market best suited to them. Its just that these 3rd person, narrative-driven action adventure game are not my brand of entertainment, at all. Never cared for Uncharted, TLOU, or Prototype, and this evolution of the genre doesn't peak my interest. I want to see some very strong platformer, FPS shooter, vehicle combat, and/or arcade racing games going forward, otherwise I'll just stick with Halo and Forza... despite not enjoying them nearly as much as the five games I initially listed.

Feeling very anxious about this event.

Feeling pessimistic about it, but when I got my first non-Nintendo platform (PS3) there were certain exclusives that I got hooked on (MotorStorm, Resistance, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and Killzone)... all of which are now gone, or have been absent for several years. In spite of that, I'm really hoping that this event shows at least one of those franchises returning. Otherwise I don't have much of a reason to own both a Playstaion and Xbox going forward. I've grown accustomed to both interfaces, and both new platforms are ridiculously powerful compared to what I own now. So the exclusives are all that matter in my eyes, they're the sole deciding factor... unless one company decides to blindside players the same way Microsoft did with the initial launch of the Xbox One.

Not trying to discredit Sony's current theme of 1st party games, their overwhelming success has proven that this is the market best suited to them. Its just that these 3rd person, narrative-driven action adventure game are not my brand of entertainment, at all. Never cared for Uncharted, TLOU, or Prototype, and this evolution of the genre doesn't peak my interest. I want to see some very strong platformer, FPS shooter, vehicle combat, and/or arcade racing games going forward, otherwise I'll just stick with Halo and Forza... despite not enjoying them nearly as much as the five games I initially listed.

Feeling very anxious about this event.
Agree. I'm not a fan of those 3rd person narrative driven games. Hoping for Sony to create more IPs on PS5. They need more diverse fun AAA game that isn't cinematic BS they've been producing the past couple of years.

Last edited:
Back