PlayStation 5 Games Reveal Event Confirmed for June 4

EZct3TpXYAApPfs

When's a better time for you? We'll mark it in our calendars.

On the anniversary maybe? Obviously not right now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these protests led to the deaths of people through infection.

I'm not saying don't go period, but you'd be putting your life and other people's lives that you come in contact with at risk by participating.

When I see those images of protesters all huddled together in close proximity wearing masks, all I can think of is a giant pool of new COVID cases. Sure, it's an important issue to protest about, but is it really a good time to be doing it?
You too eh? I think it's very stupid and irresponsible of them. Stupid, stupid, irresponsible people considering the pandemic. When a whole bunch of them get and spread Covid I wonder what they will say or who they will blame.

But back to the PS announcement, I call BS. Now is as good a time as any to have gone through with the event.

On the anniversary maybe? Obviously not right now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these protests led to the deaths of people through infection.
Got it, Marked it on the "anniversary" (whatever that is supposed to mean.) I'll be sure to get the message across to the world right away.

When's a better time for you? We'll mark it in our calendars.
I think it's a very important messag,e but at the same time I think congregating in large crowds could cause a huge spike in COVID-19 cases where these protests are taking place.

I appreciate it's a very important message, I understand first hand the impact of losing someone to unjustified violence. But I would not be marching in a protest during a global pandemic.

Rest assured, the message has been heard all around the world. F1 drivers, PL football teams and many more celebrities and leage voices are recognising the importance of that message. But I don't think spreading COVID-19 and potentially creating a bigger spike which will cost more lives lest we not forget, is a sensible solution.

I have nothing against the message, I have nothing against peacful protests, I agree that what happened was terrible and that any kind of racially motivated violence or predjudice needs to stop. But I think some people are too quick to forget just a week or so ago how important it was to stay safe from coronavirus. More deaths due to unneccessary mass spreading is also not a good thing.

For someone who don't live in the USA this is kind of a joke. Sony was not in the habit of canceling other big events when bad things happened in other parts of the world. So, they just showed that they don't care about consumers in other coutries. Thats sad...

I think it's a very important messag,e but at the same time I think congregating in large crowds could cause a huge spike in COVID-19 cases where these protests are taking place.
That's the thing with an issue like this - I don't even think a literal war going on at our back doors would have stopped something like this. Either way, that's not for this thread, and was hoping my ill-placed humor would have detracted from that.

For someone who don't live in the USA this is kind of a joke. Sony was not in the habit of canceling other big events when bad things happened in other parts of the world. So, they just showed that they don't care about consumers in other coutries. Thats sad...
:lol:

I apologize for initiating that, this is not the thread to be having the protests vs COVID discussion.

As for Sony, they're just doing what any company would in this situation. If they went ahead with the reveal I guarantee there would have been a massive witch-hunt on Twitter of people calling Sony out over ignoring the current situation. Better to avoid the problem completely than have to damage control later on.

I must admit to jumping on the hype train myself, but pretty much every launch title is considered to be crap in comparison to mid to late console gen titles anyway... Think back to ps4 launch

Third-Party Titles

Angry Birds Star Wars, Activision
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Ubisoft
Call of Duty Ghosts, Activison
FIFA 14, EA Sports
Battlefield 4, Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
NBA 2K14, 2K Sports

Sony Computer Entertainment Titles

Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow

with hindsight truly grim lol

Blimey how arrogant can you get as a company, do they honestly think this launch would have in any way detracted from what's going on at the moment.

Not actually feeling entitled and have the utmost respect for all those peaceful protesters, and thought Mr Floyds brother spoke very well earlier. I just didnt really see the connection between this and the launch of some video games.

if i caused any offence I apologise

Those people are putting THEMSELVES in danger by staying together that close, so is it really logical?

Nothing they do is logical. From my point of view - those kind oof protests only anger more people.

I don't see how anyway they would help. Any racist person is geting more racist.

I don't realy like Trump but I would not be surprised if it is all somewhat organized to make him look bad before the elections.

Don't know know if people are more evil or stupid. On the other hand racism is kind of both.

Nothing they do is logical. From my point of view - those kind oof protests only anger more people.

I don't see how anyway they would help. Any racist person is geting more racist.

I don't realy like Trump but I would not be surprised if it is all somewhat organized to make him look bad before the elections.

Don't know know if people are more evil or stupid. On the other hand racism is kind of both.
I think it's important to separate the peaceful protests from the rioting, looting and violence also taking place.

I don't think any type of mass gathering is wise right now due to COVID-19 as I have previously mentioned. But as much as I feel that way, I won't condemn the peaceful protests.

The riots are potentially having more of a push away effect. But we have to hope people can see through and beyond those thugs using this as an opportunity to cause mayhem and steal things.

People will unfortunately use this situation for their own personal or political gain. But we have to see through that and focus on the root cause of this, and its more than George Floyd's death, thats a catalyst, its about the ongoing racial predjudice in the world.

It's so disappointing that they postponed the event. What the hell happened to the #stayhome #savelives they've been spouting the past couple of months? Why it is okay all of a sudden to go out and protest, loot, destroy private properties and risk another wave of infections? People are so inconsistent SMH

Even peaceful protests are useless. Same way as most PSAs (I hope people are not so stupid that they realy need a video telling then not to drink and drive etc)

Americans need to change their education system. (lots of other countries too)
Every one of those protests are pure emotions (and I get it). That is not helpful.

If I would like to - I could get angry (and I get sometimes) at the discrimination I get since birth. But I don't see any use in that.

It is a different way of thinking. (maybe because there is no "community" of us and there for no amping up the anger)

I'm a dissabled guy living in a somewhat poor country.

Even simple schools did not want to except me.
I got looks from people everytime I go out.
I got protested againtst going to school (from other childrens parents).
I got fed up thing saids to me by my university professors.
I got my medication taken away by the goverment because of a technicality.
I got things like "you should just die because you are a natures error" said to me

I'm a white man, a dissabled man but I don't care - this is not my identity or anything. That would be a waste of time. (the time that I probably have less of).

I know that only education would help (most people are just stupid in different ways). They are just filing the gaps in their knowladge by hatered and other stupid things.

I do everything my way. I ignore useless people.
Sometimes I would like to help/educate the parents but I'm in no position financially.

A mans life was lost I get it that is horrible but that cop is being sentenced.
General notion is that killing and racism are bad.

I don't see them advocating education - just harsher punishments etc. (Atleast from the media) That is my point.

On the other hand more on topic:

Peaceful guy that wanned to forget all the horrible things that are happening and just get some tech news.
Boom - it is canceled.

Last edited:
My, this "Reveal Event" is going to last a full or several days, right!? Amazing. (Since, if it only lasts, say, an hour or two, it would surely fit and be a welcome downtime in even the most hardcore protestor's/rioter's schedule, no?)

Those people are putting THEMSELVES in danger by staying together that close, so is it really logical?

I always find it odd when people think explosive protests like this are a rational act. It's not like a conclave got together and decided that now is the time to protest and sent out a memo. Things like this happen when a segment of a population reaches a tipping point that is past the point of logical or rational reaction.

While I agree that racial profiling is all wrong in this world. First my sympathy goes to all struggling with racism in the world. However, I have to criticize Sony here. Injustice is not a recently occurring issue. A lot of people around the world are struggling in a daily basis. It doesn't need to be a widespread protest in the US to make a stand! Or did Sony thought that intrrest in the event will be less in the US market given the ongoing unrest ?

I always find it odd when people think explosive protests like this are a rational act. It's not like a conclave got together and decided that now is the time to protest and sent out a memo. Things like this happen when a segment of a population reaches a tipping point that is past the point of logical or rational reaction.
There was never going to be peaceful protest. Any protesting should have been stopped from the start.

While I agree that racial profiling is all wrong in this world. First my sympathy goes to all struggling with racism in the world. However, I have to criticize Sony here. Injustice is not a recently occurring issue. A lot of people around the world are struggling in a daily basis. It doesn't need to be a widespread protest in the US to make a stand! Or did Sony thought that intrrest in the event will be less in the US market given the ongoing unrest ?

Sony would have been branded racists.
Just look at Hamiltons comments. Indirectly he is pinning the guilt on other drivers etc because they are not making some kind of stance.

Last edited:
Back