PlayStation 5 Reportedly Imminent, June Unveiling and Next-Gen Games Reveal

At this rate, the design will get leaked before the official presentation. They cant hide it forever.

GT7 at launch would gain my interest, but with everything thats going on right now I think there will be a game drought for the new consoles at the beginning. I might go long on PS4 and wait for the AAA's to stack up, still got 20+ games to get through yet anyway...

I really want to see the actual console, the DualSense certainly made me even more curious as to how it's going to look!

Being a PlayStation Tuesday, there is a chance they might announce the unveiling date today. One thing's for sure, it is coming soon! Sony about to reveal their royal flush against Microsoft's pair. Sony's marketing team are going to have it real easy this gen especially once it launches and players get to experience the new controller. If they can manage great reliability then it looks set to be a home run. Looking forward to what the new experiences might entail, hopefully they allow us to hear the rain sound demonstration.

It is good to see Sony stepping up the game still instead of boring approach of winging current generation as next-gen like what seems to be Microsoft's approach. PS5 looks like it's set to redefine gaming standards for the next few decades and maybe even centuries so being only a few weeks away to see glimpse of it is so exciting. What a treat for Sony first party developers to finally have what looks to be the best platform to develop for after some having endured development hell of PS3 and mediocrity of PS4. PS5 being the world's fastest gaming console is about to make everything else feel slow. It's going to be like sorcery which fits with its development name, Prospero.
I really want to see the actual console, the DualSense certainly made me even more curious as to how it's going to look!
Wonder if the console form factor will be half the size of the XSX given their fixed power strategy in order to not have to go big in fan size and PSU. I want to see the cooling solution and the internals, seems they've made something really innovative. Can't be too long away from the teardown now.

I want to see the cooling solution and the internals, seems they've made something really innovative.
There is some mild chatter that the cooling is the reason for the delay. In essence, it's done something really weird and it wants to keep it secret until the console is fully in production for some reason.

There is some mild chatter that the cooling is the reason for the delay. In essence, it's done something really weird and it wants to keep it secret until the console is fully in production for some reason.

The heat sink patents suggest a significant proportion of the console case will be filled up by them, but better than fan noise anyday...

It is good to see Sony stepping up the game still instead of boring approach of winging current generation as next-gen like what seems to be Microsoft's approach. PS5 looks like it's set to redefine gaming standards for the next few decades and maybe even centuries so being only a few weeks away to see glimpse of it is so exciting. What a treat for Sony first party developers to finally have what looks to be the best platform to develop for after some having endured development hell of PS3 and mediocrity of PS4. PS5 being the world's fastest gaming console is about to make everything else feel slow.

Sounds like you know a hell lot more then the rest of us about PS5. Its pretty obvious you are a huge Playstation fan but there is nothing solid about Sonys strategy at this point. We know the specs and nothing more. Its pure speculation on your part that there will be more "true" next gen games on PS5. In my view its pretty likely that Sony will take the same "boring" cross-gen approach as Microsoft because they wont ignore 100 mio.+ PS4 users.

Worlds fastest console? We dont even know that. Certainly wont be the fastest console when it comes to Teraflops. And i doubt Sony need the worlds fastest console. Games like Horizon and Last of Us 2 look better on Pro then anything Microsoft offers on Xbox One X, the faster machine.

Sounds like you know a hell lot more then the rest of us about PS5.
Just like he knew the and insisted for years across the forum that the base PS4 was powerful enough to be a 4K games console no matter the evidence to the contrary; even though now it was "mediocre" all along.

Theoretical tech specs matter to him if Sony does them better. But since Sony didn't put together a console that is 13.3 TFLOPS (or even 11+) with a 2TB minimum SSD like he hoped to rub Microsoft's nose in it, now he's glad that Sony is not doing the "boring approach" that Microsoft is because Sony has an SSD that's really really fast and developers just won't be able to do things correctly on a game console that "only" comes standard with a PCI-E Gen 4 NVMe drive.

Last edited:
GT7 at launch would gain my interest, but with everything thats going on right now I think there will be a game drought for the new consoles at the beginning. I might go long on PS4 and wait for the AAA's to stack up, still got 20+ games to get through yet anyway...

I’m in the same boat as you, with heaps of games to get through. However, I’m nearly in the market for a second PlayStation (or PC) so I can move my sim racing rig out of the lounge room and into a permanent location.

Backwards compatibility and potential enhancements, a reasonable starting price (i.e. one that isn’t likely to drop significantly after launch, although I think prices have been generally stable this gen) and of course GT7 are what would sell it for me.

Another consideration for me would be the support for an ultra-wide monitor.

Last edited:
GT7 with a real long career mode and over 1000+ cars please Kazunori San ?

Career is doable, but 1000 cars seems a bit of stretch. If PD have been putting in some car modeling behind closed doors and not revealing all their cards through GTS updates I could see 4-500. That’d be plenty with the livery editor alone, if we get additional external parts on top like in GT5/6 then even better.

GT6 only had around 400 premium (what we would now consider in-era modern) cars, the remaining ~800+ were PS2 or lightly touched up PS2 ports, and didn’t have much customization available aside from the universal custom wings and wheels. If most cars get treatment to the likes of the El Camino, Autozam, Beetle, GT40, and even Senna F1 car did in GT6, then even just a direct port of GTS’s car list wouldn’t be too bad. Additional aero/sport body kits, bumper and wing removals, ducktails and other car-specific wings, rally lights and other covers/colors, subtle trim levels and options like lights, mirrors, or chrome and carbon bits (or in the El Camino’s case not-so-subtle bed options including the wagon variant), and even different specs for race cars - suddenly a smaller-than-PS3-era collection of car content can be made far more diverse than GT5 and 6 could ever hope to be.

What we have already isn’t too bad, it would just need some more modern picks and maybe a few other highlight classics for 2020/2021. Smaller quantity of content can still work really well if we have lot of tools and ways to utilize it.

Career is doable, but 1000 cars seems a bit of stretch. If PD have been putting in some car modeling behind closed doors and not revealing all their cards through GTS updates I could see 4-500. That’d be plenty with the livery editor alone, if we get additional external parts on top like in GT5/6 then even better.
What we have already isn’t too bad, it would just need some more modern picks and maybe a few other highlight classics for 2020/2021. Smaller quantity of content can still work really well if we have lot of tools and ways to utilize it.

I agree main issue for me is not vehicles because I only drive about a dozen or so regularly, more tarmac is whats needed hopefully fresh original circuits too, something to learn the nuances of instead of following the same old racing lines... Its pretty obvious GTSport has just been a GT7 beta and thankfully the next game wont come in with all the issues GTS had at launch. I hope they go bananas and add loads of content on top, but if they drip feed it (and this seems likely) theres not as strong a reason to invest in the game/ps5 early... It might be that the new game ships with very little new content initially, but I doubt as a flagship game it will be as cynical as an F1 release lol

I just want to see a glimpse of the next gen Gran Turismo, tbh. I'd be extremely disappointed if they don't show anything.

I looked in on this article because I havent read much about the PS5.

So here's some info for anyone else in the same boat as me

A fairly extensive article on the PS5 https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ps5#section-ps5-specs

PS5 specs.

• CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
  • GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
  • GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
  • Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
  • Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
  • Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
  • IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
  • Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
  • External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
  • Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive

Is this real?

A4639D35-42BB-4834-AFC1-337282A0C4DA.png

0044FD10-1664-4662-9EED-F0349C3F8FC0.jpeg

I don’t know if GT7 would be enough for me to get a PS5, unless it was absolutely amazing. I’d personally also want to see a new Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, and WipEout. But as it stands, I really don’t feel incentizived to get a PS5, so unless they reveal some seriously amazing stuff soon, I’ll just do what I usually do: wait for the library to build up before even considering the console, regardless of how long that may take. Although, that said, I may change my mind on that approach, considering how long I might spend on a single game.

I don’t know if GT7 would be enough for me to get a PS5, unless it was absolutely amazing. I’d personally also want to see a new Ace Combat
Two games which show amazing VR capabilities, but have crippled their VR modes. A GT7 with VR multiplayer races and an Ace Combat 8 where the campaign mode is fully playable in VR (there really is no reason why it isn't that way in 7 already other than cost) would be instant buys for me (as well as the PS5 then obviously).

Am I right in thinking that, with the backwards compatibility, the games already downloaded onto a hard drive from the PlaystationPlus monthly freebies, can still be played on PS5?

Back