Playstation BMW M6 Wins Nurburgring 24 Hours Qualifying Race

M6's will probably get BOP'd, also, here's some more images:

osDfNFZ.jpg

gOfNnuG.jpg

6Etp9Ur.jpg

85IXN9h.jpg

M6's will probably get BOP'd
I wonder what they'll do as by the numbers, the M6 doesn't seem to have a big advantage. The Porsche for example has less weight and 2hp more. The AMG is 5kg heavier, but also significantly stronger. As a matter of fact, apart from the Z4 which races in SP9 LG, all the other front engine GT3 cars are stronger and only the AMG is heavier.
The M6 never had a top speed advantage but seems to work well aerodynamically: According to Jan Seyffarth, it takes Flugplatz flat out (the AMG does not). In the Macau race 2018, it had an advantage on the home straight as it could take the last fast bend flat out (the AMGs behind it could not). In Bathurst, it was obvious that the M6 was at disadvantage on the Conrod straight.

The Nürburgring 24h BoP aims at keeping the top speeds of all GT3 cars the same, so the only way would be more weight, making the M6 the heaviest car in SP9 while being below 500hp.

Is it the exact same race car?
In GT Sport, it is the 2016 version of the same car. There was an update in 2018.
In GT Sport BoP, it currently runs at 555hp and 1326kg. Nürburgring BoP has it at 496hp and 1340kg.

Last edited:
I remember the last time bmw won was with the e92 m3 in 2010.

They since won several qualifying races but not the actual 24 hours?:cheers:

Yes, the M6 GT3 never won the 24h on the Ring. It did won the Spa 24h twice though (2016 and 2018)

C Race, maybe 4 laps, with rational tire wear (lower?) and fuel use (higher?) I'd be there... Even better, give us a special weekend event- 24 laps, again with rational tire/fuel settings. That would be a riot.

Ugh! Why do all Motorsport outlets use spoiler topics?!

Try “Surprise victory at the Nurburgring qualifier!”

Or “BMW has a strong showing at the Nurburgring sponsored by Sony PlayStation!”

Or “Did you know Nurburgring qualification is done in the format of a proper race?”

Or “Holy **** BMW?!”

“Nurburgring pre-race qualifying upset for leading ADAC manufacturers this weekend”

Etc etc

Surprised that they're still using the M6 and not the newer M8 GTE (giant car jokes aside).

Also, do you think BMW will have a race version of the new Z4? Would be awkward if it ever shares the same piece of track with the Supra :P

Surprised that they're still using the M6 and not the newer M8 GTE (giant car jokes aside).

Also, do you think BMW will have a race version of the new Z4? Would be awkward if it ever shares the same piece of track with the Supra :P

The M8 GTE was homologated for LMGTE only, not for GT3, BMW still offers the M6 GT3 as customer car for GT3, I don’t think they have such plans for the M6.

I personally don’t think that they would make a race version of the Z4. The previous one was an exception as far as I understand it - but I do agree, it would be an interesting situation :)

Ugh! Why do all Motorsport outlets use spoiler topics?!

So its their fault you weren't able to avoid spoilers of a race? I'm literally multiple races behind with IndyCar yet even with my friends on discord AND a subscriber on Youtube that does IndyCar content, I've managed to get to a point where I have no idea who is the defending champion or who any of the race winners because I've avoided all possible places with spoilers.

So its their fault you weren't able to avoid spoilers of a race? I'm literally multiple races behind with IndyCar yet even with my friends on discord AND a subscriber on Youtube that does IndyCar content, I've managed to get to a point where I have no idea who is the defending champion or who any of the race winners because I've avoided all possible places with spoilers.
Pretty much, yes. In today’s DVR/YouTube/Streaming (often YT is delayed if not live) world most people aren’t able to watch races when they are aired. And to add insult to injury, viewership reduction... so with no intention to be argumentative, to answer your question; yes. But I also provided examples.

The headline is the result, on a site that doesn't often post VLN news, and is based around computer games. There's reasonable action one can take to avoid spoilers, and there's Rossi leading the current Indy standings... ooops...

... I actually don't know if that's the case or not, since I barely follow IndyCar, but the point is, you don't come to GTP expecting to see a headline and post disclosing the result of a race in its title. Indeed, if you look at the motorsports headlines so far this year, I don't think there's any that are blatantly as spoilery. I think it's a poor wording choice by @AudiMan2011 personally, for the headline at least.

All I know is, I'm even more behind a lot of things. And rarely do I follow almost anything Nürburgring 24h. I retired my Discord for a number of reasons- mostly personal and usage reasons. So in this age of instant information and spoiler alerts, you kind of have to get used to this.

That said, cheers to BMW on the job they've done as mentioned in this thread.

you kind of have to get used to this.

In order that we don't have to accept it here, Famine made the rules on spoilers in thread titles quite clear...

• Do not post "spoilers" in the thread titles
    Do not give away the race or qualifying results in the thread title. Keep in mind that not everyone gets to see the race live, and, given that this is a global forum, not everyone even gets to see the race on the same day. Of course, you can talk about the results inside the thread!

And we have...

Playstation BMW M6 Wins Nurburgring 24 Hours Qualifying Race

Back