PlayStation Now to Add PS4 Games on all Platforms (Including PC)

Unlike a certain other company who is splintering their market as we speak, Xbox One games look worse compared to their Windows 10 counterparts as will Scorpio games look not as good as their PC counterparts when that gets released.
Microsoft isn't splintering their market anymore than Sony was when they cared enough about the Vita to have some third string developer port PS3 games to it.

Sony's purchase of Gakai so many years ago showing that they weren't just being compulsive eh?
They announced just last month that they were shutting it down for everything they had rolled it out for a couple years ago except the PS4 and PC, which isn't usually the mark of a service tearing things up in subscribers. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that they haven't made the $380 million back. And since OnLive is believed to have flamed out so spectacularly because they focused so much on the much more competitive PC market, I'm doubting this will change that.

As always, though, thanks for the reality check on things people weren't actually arguing to be the case.

Think about if this emulator will be legally on the market... Or, maybe it is only dream :D

My understanding is it's not Local Emulation, it's remote play using Video Streaming. The Game is running on a Remote System, all you see is Streamed Video displayed in a secure App.

VBR
When you say "all platforms", does that include PS3? So I'll be able to subscribe to PS Now on my PS3 & stream PS4 games to it!

Also, £12.99 is way to high, should be £9.99 or less in the UK inho.

:lol:

What devices can I use to play games with my PlayStation Now subscription?
PlayStation Now is currently available on:

PlayStation®4
PlayStation®3
Windows PCs
PlayStation®Vita
PlayStation®TV
Select Sony TVs
Select Sony Blu-ray Players
Select Samsung Smart TVs

However, note that on April 1, 2017, support for 2016 models of Sony Bravia TVs will be discontinued. And on August 15, 2017, we will be discontinuing the service on the following devices:

PlayStation 3
PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV
All 2013, 2014, 2015 Sony Bravia TV models
All Sony Blu-ray player models
All Samsung TV models

I will believe it when it really happens, but it might be a smart move, seeing how even a PS4 pro is so limited in performance compare to a decent PC and the gap grows bigger with every GPU or CPU upgrade.
No more console excuses from PD about console limiting what they can do, this could be epic to see what they can do for a full blown PC version.

I will believe it when it really happens, but it might be a smart move, seeing how even a PS4 pro is so limited in performance compare to a decent PC and the gap grows bigger with every GPU or CPU upgrade.
No more console excuses from PD about console limiting what they can do, this could be epic to see what they can do for a full blown PC version.

Seems to be a lot of Misunderstandings...
this is NOT, games developed for the PC..
It Video Streaming of the Game on a PS4, sent to your PC.

Even if Gran Turismo would get ported to PC what would be better?
Frames, more cheaters, Higher Resolutions. Possible community-made mods and old gltiches/features brought back from outdated versions of the game in a neat trainer.exe, oh and possibly better wheel support and more input devices.

That's it though. Don't expect a PC port of GT, if it ever comes, is going to be anything "unlimited" compared to it's console version. That's just not the purpose of GT. GT is made to sell Sony consoles and that's all. No more. Heck it'll probably not run as well as expected, from the history of bad console ports out there. And how slow PD is to patch things up. Don't forget it took them over not one, not two but THREE years to release the freaking track editor to GT6 when most people expected it well within a month from launch..hahahaha

What won't be better on PC?
Windows Errors disrupting gameplay, driver incompatibilities, cheaters, hackers, modders, possibility of official servers shutting down only 2 years after launch, Cost of a PC going to be able to run ported version of GT as listed above... it'll likely be in the $1500+ range. Compared to the cost of a $500 PS4 or whatever console comes next.

Though I too would like a good Port of a current GT just for the heck of it, don't get your hopes up for something that may never come.

Last edited:
Back