PlayStation Now to Add PS4 Games on all Platforms (Including PC)

Perhaps it's the way I'm reading it, but I find the title a little confusing. :confused:
To my knowledge SONY recently announced they're ending support of Playstation Now for all legacy devices.

Edit removed.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's the way I'm reading it, but I find the title a little confusing. :confused:
To my knowledge SONY recently announced they're ending support of Playstation Now for all legacy devices.

Edit removed.

Seems quite fake to me, would Sony really share their exclusives like GT, Uncharted or whatever to other rival consoles? Wouldn't it affect the sales, the whole point of exclusive if for you to buy the console for it right?

Seems quite fake to me, would Sony really share their exclusives like GT, Uncharted or whatever to other rival consoles? Wouldn't it affect the sales, the whole point of exclusive if for you to buy the console for it right?
I was leaning more to the point that the only remaining "platforms" after the announced support cancellations will be PS4 or the PC.

At least, that's how I'm picturing it.
I might be missing something though, which happens quite often. :sly:

Last edited:
I was leaning more to the point that the only remaining "platforms" after the announced support cancellations will be PS4 or the PC.

At least, that's how I'm picturing it.
I might be missing something though, which happens quite often. :sly:
The title is worded the way it is because it would have sounded awkward to have 'Playstation Now to Add PS4 Games to PS4 and PC Platforms'

PS4 overload. :lol:

So now there is no need to buy a PS4 at all? Just as there is no need to buy an Xbox one either. Both of them trying to exit console production then?

The title is worded the way it is because it would have sounded awkward to have 'Playstation Now to Add PS4 Games to PS4 and PC Platforms'

PS4 overload. :lol:
:lol:

Fair enough.

I guess streaming a PS4 game to your PS4 means you don't have to buy it. 👍

I'm wondering how long before the PlayStation is just a virtual machine? I hate cloud based things, I want something real.

Playstation a thumb drive?
Playstation a virtual machine?

What logic is behind Playstation falling to these fates and yet Xbox doesn't?

Way ahead of the curve on this one. I've been thinking this has been coming for a couple of years now. I even asked Kaz about it in the defunct Kaz Q&A:
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,
Now that the PS3 era is coming to a close and the PS4 comes with an x86 architecture simlar to a PC, it opens up the relatively easy possibility of the GT series being ported to the PC world of gaming. Is this something you have considered and if so, why or why would you not pursue this idea?

Yeah, I'm not fond of indies either. There are few good ones though, like Journey. that game was and is surperb.

True, but I'm speaking of those free every month games.

EDIT:

For playing GT5 and GT6 on PC like emulation would be great!

Ok folks lets be clear, this is streaming not native processing going on in your PC. Not sure why PC sites are reporting PS Now adding PS4 games and the comments sections are alight with folks assuming ridiculous things, like getting PC power behind PS4 games and the like. No everything is done at Sony's end so whatever it runs like on PS4 you'll get that even on your GTX 1080Ti and nothing more. Sony isn't stupid to allow their golden goose to be bettered on a platform they have little to no control over get real.
A smart business manager will want to leverage the untapped market who just wants to play Playstation exclusives but won't want to buy another device, since they are not going to end up splintering their market output with games on PC running better than their bespoke device this approach makes perfect sense. Unlike a certain other company who is splintering their market as we speak, Xbox One games look worse compared to their Windows 10 counterparts as will Scorpio games look not as good as their PC counterparts when that gets released.
I've got bandwidth and when my bandwidth was far lower I was on the PS Now original Beta testers which was able to run on a 5mbps connection at it's lowest setting I had a 30/5 line. Sony's purchase of Gakai so many years ago showing that they weren't just being compulsive eh?

TL;DR
PS Now is natively processed PS games streamed to your device, there will be no boosts beyond what the device it originated from supports.

Edit: PS Now come sometime in August 2017 PS Now will only be available on PS4 and Windows 10 PC's, all other devices will be getting left behind for some reason or another. Could be possible that they are looking at how many connections via device ID or future wise and that their older non 5GHz supporting WiFi devices aren't going to cut it. Probably EoL all of those devices for streaming especially with PS4 games coming to the service.

This next bit pure conjecture on my part.
Guess they rather cut the devices rather than only have devices be able to playback games up to a certain gen of games, all or nothing I guess. Weird, I am not sure which it could be but I can't understand dropping the devices unless the base was very low and no significant amount of people would be at a loss.

Last edited:
i'm confused, do we still need to own the PS4 and have it on & running, to be able to stream it to PC?

or is it enough to have a PSN ID , and a good PC?

not that I'm waiting around for it, as it will be a day 1 PS4Pro & GTS purchase for me, only once it's out and playable in Canada. Good luck to all lucky few beta testers until then.

PlayStation Now has been an utter flop from when it was launched. It was their poor excuse for no disk based backwards compatibility and the pricing, poor streaming quality and lack of titles put it in complete obscurity.

I can imagine this news is in response to Microsoft trying to make Xbox and Windows one eco system and all they are going to do is add a few more 3rd party and indie titles to the catalogue (probably ones not many people care about) and be done with it. You will never see first party AAA PlayStation exclusives on PC.

It works very Similar to the PS4 remote Play.

With PS4 Remoteplay, the Game is running on your PS4, and you are using a windows app, to see the screen, and send controller inputs back to your PS4.

With Playstation Now, it very Similar technology. You are running an App to give you a secure connection to the service.
the Game is actually running on a remote system, and all you are getting is Screen updates, and sending controller inputs to the remote system.
Anyway, that's my Experience with Playstation now. And yes there is a bit of Screen / Input Lag.
for most types of games, it's not critical.
But for a driving game... a 100ms lag, and you might miss a turn...
I think this is the Main reason the Driving games aren't on PS Now, the amount of Video and Input Lag is just too great.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/devices/

MS is doing it very Different on Windows 10.
you are running a Virtual Game Console App, and running the Game on your Own PC.
you're not just streaming the games video into the app.

You run the App, Download the Game data, and Play the game Local on your PC.

PS Now is just Streaming the Game Video to your secure connection.
this is how I understand it to work...

When you say "all platforms", does that include PS3? So I'll be able to subscribe to PS Now on my PS3 & stream PS4 games to it!

Also, £12.99 is way to high, should be £9.99 or less in the UK inho.

VBR
When you say "all platforms", does that include PS3? So I'll be able to subscribe to PS Now on my PS3 & stream PS4 games to it!

Also, £12.99 is way to high, should be £9.99 or less in the UK inho.

The only supported platforms are PC and PS4, legacy support is being dropped I'm afraid.

Latest Posts

Back