PlayStation VR Video Demonstrates 'Vista'-Style Mode For GT Sport

I would be interested to see someone translate the video from Japanese into English. GT Sport part of course.

@Imari This might be not the right time to ask but I heard from various members that you could help us in translating it, would you mind doing that? Maybe it could contain some interesting info, who knows?

If this is why GT Sport was delayed and still no sign of release date I'm deeply disappointed people it's time to wake up from this marketing for stupid VR headsets and stuf... IT'S A RACING GAME AND ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE END IS RACING A CAR AROUND A TRACK THEY NEED TO REMEMBER THAT!
Who cares about peeking beneath glove department of a car and other useless stuff that takes so much time and resources to make... It's just sad...

Okey, so should we be impressed or something?

I could look around the in any car in AC already a couple of years ago with the DK1.

Talk about slooooooooooow :P

Looks like there is a lot of the car missing?
:confused:

💡 this gives me some ideas on how that could be used... hmmm

Edit: I see a roll cage, wiring loom, stripped down door card/door... Maybe we are looking at a "build/strip out your own track/race car" editor type thingy, and review it in VR???

Also anyone identify that door profile, it's quite rounded. Is that the new Toyota compact?

Last edited:
If this is why GT Sport was delayed and still no sign of release date I'm deeply disappointed people it's time to wake up from this marketing for stupid VR headsets and stuf... IT'S A RACING GAME AND ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE END IS RACING A CAR AROUND A TRACK THEY NEED TO REMEMBER THAT!
Who cares about peeking beneath glove department of a car and other useless stuff that takes so much time and resources to make... It's just sad...
I care. The only reason i would by PSVR is for GT Sport.

Okey, so should we be impressed or something?

I could look around the in any car in AC already a couple of years ago with the DK1.

Talk about slooooooooooow :P
Does it work for PSVR and PS4? Hmmm no....

IT'S A RACING GAME AND ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE END IS RACING A CAR AROUND A TRACK THEY NEED TO REMEMBER THAT!
I'm afraid they just forgot about that entirely. Maybe PD better changes the title to some sort of "Gran Museum", with all its photo safari and vr stuff. DLC should be about buying glass cabinets for VGT model cars and 150 different picture frames for your beloved still lifes.

And while they're thinking about the pricing of additional color varnish, I'm heading over to Project Cars 2.
Sorry Kaz, you ultimately have to find someone else to celebrate with.

kazdancez5zxv.gif

It seems to be like Forzavista but in VR.

That is AWESOME.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-photomode/

Project cars 2 have done more in a few month's news & game progress then GT Sport
have done in all most 6 years. Skip all this photo mode & VR crap. We just live to be able
to race. Wake-up Kaz !!

How the hell can you race, if you are not totally focus on racing ,and just looking around, sorry but that guy is not a racer in my eyes.
Like it or not.

How the hell can you race, if you are not totally focus on racing ,and just looking around, sorry but that guy is not a racer in my eyes.
Like it or not.
What are you talking about? Do you mean the guy in the video? He's just casually driving and messing about. If you're taking issue with the entire concept of racing in VR, you're missing out. Because in VR you're a lot more focused on the racing and you'll be faster as well. Either way, your post is confusing.

The laughing smiley face makes it seem more like trolling.

Nah, trolling would be something along the lines of...

"This is lame and Forza has had this since forever!"

Anyways, I have better things to do than argue pointlessly on the internet so good day. :cheers:

I don't see why not... I mean, it's as if you're in the car, which is pretty neat.

Kaz loves photography 1st. His 2nd passion is racing. When i spoke with him he wants it to be the most realistic game to date. With the Pro out he had more power to play with so thats why its delayed. I believe when it comes out, no one will be disappointed
Proof required.

This is exciting! Since we last got some news this game has gone through so many permutations. So many! First, Polyphony Digital re-imagined the whole game as an interactive social-media experience. Then they realized it was more of a floating art installation, but that didn't feel right either. They thought: Is it a virtual automotive library? Is it a high-end perfume? An e-Sports platform with a focuse on online gaming? A series of inter-related fortune cookies? A real car simulator? A hat that if you turn it upside down is a boat? It's none of those things. That's why they finally settled on this: Voila! It's a bi-montly, curated box of snacks!

Holy moly, the "future of cinema" according to Quentin Tarantulino sounds quite similar to what "the future of Gran Turismo" is according to Kaz, doesn't it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@Imari This might be not the right time to ask but I heard from various members that you could help us in translating it, would you mind doing that? Maybe it could contain some interesting info, who knows?

There's nothing there, it's just the guy waffling on about how real it is that he can almost feel the wind in his hair, smell the inside of the car, etc., etc.

Just imagine inane marketing dribble and you're basically there. ;)

I agree with you. They should not waste time on these things which only some thousand people will be interested in. Forza vista IMHO is a useless feature so hope they do not waste time in modelling the hood :banghead: I am sure they are aware of this so this is not the reason for the delay 💡. Regarding release date, they will probably announce it at E3. It is a safe bet that it would release in Nov-Dec.

Back