PlayStation's "Spartacus" is an Xbox Game Pass Rival, Expected in Spring 2022

The whole play to play online is such a scam. I feel disappointed in the people who fall for this crap and support it.
If people didn't pay for it, they would of made it free again like on the PS3.
Play on PC then. The only way to play online on console is to pay for it. The service got a lot better when it became paid, it was serviceable when free but was a long way behind XBL in my opinion.

I think this is a great step though, Sony really needed to step up to Game Pass and this is the way to do it, copy it. PS Now was OK, annoying to navigate and got expensive when added to the PS Plus subscription. 700+ games also beats Game Pass in numbers but we'll have to see how many of that is quality, particularly with the PS1/2 offerings. There were some hints in there as well about Playstation Studios games all being on their but it didn't say if it would include new ones like Game Pass or not.

It is a great deal for the price and getting free games is great as well. It were eventually going to happen with Sony to charge like Microsoft does. There are more happy than unhappy who are into paying and why companies are able to charge because customer willing to pay.

This is decent, im not personally interested in PS now since there is always an extra bit of latency detectable but the middle option sounds quite good since you actually download the game, no streaming.

Though I know it would make my backlog farrr too long and prefer to complete my games instead of dipping into many for a short time.

£13 a month for all that though is undeniably a great price if gaming is your main medium of entertainment, when compared with something like the Sky tv rip off £40-50+ per month

Last edited:
“New games won’t automatically launch on Extra simultaneously though, so if you want the latest titles you will still need to buy them.”

Does this Imply that some games may come out day one? Just not automatic to all games?

Not having native PS3 games is a huge drawback for me. However i might sub to the "Extra" edition because it sounds like it has a lot of good games i've never played like Returnal or Death Stranding.

Glad I didn't get my hopes up about this service, Streaming =/= Backwards Compatibility. Looks like my PS3 will still see plenty of use for the next several years it seems.
There will be PS3 games, though, it clearly says that - we just don't know which ones.

It also says 'PS3 games will be download only' - so no streaming.

Something people typically forget about paying for PS+ is you get two freebies a month that you keep so long as you’re subscribed, that’s 24 potential additions to your library every year without a game pass or anything.

Unless you’re crazy and hate every game they give you, PS Plus, at least at the bottom tier, pays for itself.

The only PlayStation game I play at the moment is GT7 which I play on a PS4 Pro. I see no reason to upgrade the pro nor any reason to change my sub tier at this point in time. Honestly I am questioning whether I will even continue with GT7 at all right now. Though I think I will give them another month to see what they actually do in April and then make up my mind.

I do have an Xbox Series X and a Series S with an annual gamepass ultimate subscription. This offers me more value and access to much more recent games that I actually want to play. This will continue to be my main gaming platform and nothing in the PlayStation package is going to change that in the slightest.

Xbox's model is 100% not profitable in the long run for sony who launches exclusives at a much higher rate . Sony has the back log , they just need to leverage it right.

I really wish they offered a cloud only plan for like 3 USD a month or something. I never play online and Sony made it scummy to back up PS5 games now, you can't do it via USB anymore, so I have to pay to back up my saves and 10 a month is ****.

Last edited:
So it looks to me like its just ps plus and ps now combined with an extra fee to play even more of sonys back catalogue if you like.

Dont see anything new they have brought to the table here

Suppose between this and gamepass it will come down to what games are on the service that you like.

So it looks to me like its just ps plus and ps now combined with an extra fee to play even more of sonys back catalogue if you like.

Dont see anything new they have brought to the table here

Suppose between this and gamepass it will come down to what games are on the service that you like.
The addition of PlayStation studios titles is a big addition for a lot of people, a fair few games within those studios that currently aren't available via PS now.

The whole play to play online is such a scam. I feel disappointed in the people who fall for this crap and support it.
If people didn't pay for it, they would of made it free again like on the PS3.
Unfortunately it's not just the fact people fall for it. People are forced to follow if they want to play with their friends, peer pressure hits hard with this.

There will be PS3 games, though, it clearly says that - we just don't know which ones.

It also says 'PS3 games will be download only' - so no streaming.
PS3 games are available via cloud streaming according to the article on the PlayStation blog, I didn't see anything about downloading them on there.

Last edited:
For right now I will keep the basic service. Have to see what games they have available

Like always I'm very sure there won't be blockbuster racing games with real cars. There won't be any Gran Turismo from PS1, PS2, PS3 or PSP, also no classic NFS or other "blockbuster" titles with real cars like Driveclub in this subscription. Maybe we see a F1 game or some rally game from Codemasters. But everything else is just the bitter truth.
Would guess will see Destruction Derby and maybe some Burnout but I would't bet on old Burnouts like 1, 2, 3. Paradise remastered could be in. But every fan of PS1, 2, 3 racing games will be stuck with their old consoles or PC-emulators or even a chipped Xbox 360 which can emulate classic Xbox which aren't backwards compatible on 360 like many interesting titles (Sega GT online/2002, Ralli Sport Challenge, oldest console NFS, etc.)

Back