Please let us paint the R8 Gordini! (and other un-paintable cars)

  • Thread starter Thread starter diegorborges
  • 85 comments
  • 8,977 views
Messages
4,459
Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
Messages
diegorborges82
Ok, maybe I'm getting a bit too much attention creating a thread only for this but I love this little car and why we are not able to paint it? Blue only is so sad... it looks beautiful in other colors... Dear Polyphony Digital, please let us paint the Gordini! :) And others that we're not able to change color (if possible). Thanks!

Renault%20Gordini%20R8%20(10).jpg


6073799419_068b1eaa7b_o.jpg
 
Even though blue is the color of choice for classic french cars, and specially gordinis, I agree with you. People should paint the cars the color they want.
However I will keep mine bleu anyday.
 
Just curious: Is there a list, which other cars are unpaintable?

Right now, well... the recent Hudson probably isn't, the BMW M4 (because it's not even production model, maybe)
 
I really hate that some of the cars cannot be painted... Are those american muscle cars (Plymouths) paintable in this game? Cause some weren't paintable in GT5 if I can remember. But same goes for changing rims on some cars... It's just a fail from the game, don't you think?
 
I really hate that some of the cars cannot be painted... Are those american muscle cars (Plymouths) paintable in this game? Cause some weren't paintable in GT5 if I can remember. But same goes for changing rims on some cars... It's just a fail from the game, don't you think?

I heard some cars now are paintable in GT6 (they were not in GT5), like the Chevelle and DeLorean.
 
I have to test this, same goes for painting some rims (like the Maserati's rims) Maybe they made the same mistake, which leads to the glitch so the rims can be painted, Ill try it later tonight, post some outcome here...!
 
I tested the list (except the race cars - cause they wont be paintable anyway...I guess)

Of the cars which weren't paintable in GT5, these are now paintable in GT6:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS '70
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
- Citroen 2CV '54
- Citroen Xsara VTR '03
- Honda Element '03
- Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00

Car which are still unpaintable:
- Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
- SRT Viper GTS '99
- Mazda Furai '08
- Nismo 400R '96
- Mugen S2000 '00
- Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

Also tested and unpaintable:
- Mario Andretti's Hudson
- Renault R8 Gordini

Copy the list in your OP if you like and fill it with more finds of all people.
Maybe you want to call it cars which are unpaintable in GT6. do with it what you like. If you need more tests, I can test em np.

BTW I also tested (in ver 1.02) to paint the Maserati's wheels via the old GT5 glitch, but It does not work. Merely because the settings cannot be named anymore... :(
 
Last edited:
Ugh... another random and stupid choice from PD. Why can't you paint it? What is the rationale behind this decision?
 
Ugh... another random and stupid choice from PD. Why can't you paint it? What is the rationale behind this decision?

We all don't know the answer to the question (probablyto do with license...), and most people who visit this thread, hate it also... But it's Always handy to have a list on unpaintable cars :)
 
I heard some cars now are paintable in GT6 (they were not in GT5), like the Chevelle and DeLorean.
The flip side of that is cars that were able to switch wheels in GT5 cannot do so in GT6 now. Not like swapping rims is a good idea until the skinny wheel bug is squashed at least.
 
I tested the list (except the race cars - cause they wont be paintable anyway...I guess)

Of the cars which weren't paintable in GT5, these are now paintable in GT6:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS '70
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
- Citroen 2CV '54
- Citroen Xsara VTR '03
- Honda Element '03
- Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00

Car which are still unpaintable:
- Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
- SRT Viper GTS '99
- Mazda Furai '08
- Nismo 400R '96
- Mugen S2000 '00
- Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

Also tested and unpaintable:
- Mario Andretti's Hudson
- Renault R8 Gordini

Copy the list in your OP if you like and fill it with more finds of all people.
Maybe you want to call it cars which are unpaintable in GT6. do with it what you like. If you need more tests, I can test em np.

BTW I also tested (in ver 1.02) to paint the Maserati's wheels via the old GT5 glitch, but It does not work. Merely because the settings cannot be named anymore... :(

This car is actually paintable in GT5. I painted mine with pink. :lol:
 
I just wish we can have the option to paint all cars.


Red r18
Green R 18
Yellow r18
Matte R18
White R 18
Blue r1... Ohh wait
 
What is even more aggravating about this car is the camber being locked at 0 in the front and 2.0 in the rear (even with the custom suspension). having 0 camber front and back would be much better if they have to lock it. Its a great little car but with the camber the way it is it's utter garbage on the street tires I prefer to use.
 
Last edited:
The R8 Gordini just wasn't implemented very well in GT6.
It's unpaintable
No Aero Kits
Can't change wheels
Comes with Racing Hards?? :confused:
Incredibly tail-happy
 
I tested the list (except the race cars - cause they wont be paintable anyway...I guess)
Car which are still unpaintable:
- Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Why would you want to paint a racecar?
 
Hi guys, thanks for your contribution! I may change the thread name later and put the list on OT. (at phone right now)
 
PD's weird decision making strikes again..
 
Why would you want to paint a racecar?

This car's color can be selected when you buy it (it has variable colors), so maybe it would be nice to put your own paint on it?!
 
This car's color can be selected when you buy it (it has variable colors), so maybe it would be nice to put your own paint on it?!
The lms is a base model customer design so yeah, pretty ridiculous
 
I heard some cars now are paintable in GT6 (they were not in GT5), like the Chevelle and DeLorean.
Strange that they would choose to make the DMC paintable since it never came in any other color than stainless steel from the factory. And really, they were quite difficult to paint for those who did.

Why this and not the IROC concept of many others. Kaz what are you drinking?
 
I would also add that the Suzuki GSX that was paintable in earlier iterations of GT is not paintable in GT6 for whatever reason.. 👎
 
Last edited:
Back