PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let me adjust suspension and diff!!!!

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 137 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
This week's Race C at Catalunya, on the heels of last weeks Race B at Interlagos, REALLY highlights that Sport Mode sorely needs to allow for suspension and diff tuning.

Don't want to tune? Fine, drive the Porsche or the Mustang. They are fine.

But, C'mon, trying to drive the 458, Huracan, or McLaren around those tracks is akin to repeatedly stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork, while your hand is asleep, and the fork is dull. It's frustrating, tedious, and unnecessarily painful. I believe I could diffuse a bomb with less drama than trying to navigate the 458 through the final chicane at Catalunya. and for what?

WHY?? Why is this blocked out? Why?? If you say it's for balance reasons, that's baloney, because if the community finds a setup for any of those cars that makes them imbalanced, PD will BoP them back into shape. Every week we see the 911 in the top ten with a few of the other easy to drive cars. Why is that ok, but it's not ok to try and bring the other cars up to par?

If people see the Hurancan or 458 in the top 10, it's usually just one person, not half the field like with the 911. The McLaren has never been there as far as I can recall.

If the power, weight, and transmission are left alone, I really can't see where the harm is in allowing us to tune the cars.

This week's Race C at Catalunya, on the heels of last weeks Race B at Interlagos, REALLY highlights that Sport Mode sorely needs to allow for suspension and diff tuning.

Don't want to tune? Fine, drive the Porsche or the Mustang. They are fine.

But, C'mon, trying to drive the 458, Huracan, or McLaren around those tracks is akin to repeatedly stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork, while your hand is asleep, and the fork is dull. It's frustrating, tedious, and unnecessarily painful. I believe I could diffuse a bomb with less drama than trying to navigate the 458 through the final chicane at Catalunya. and for what?

WHY?? Why is this blocked out? Why?? If you say it's for balance reasons, that's baloney, because if the community finds a setup for any of those cars that makes them imbalanced, PD will BoP them back into shape. Every week we see the 911 in the top ten with a few of the other easy to drive cars. Why is that ok, but it's not ok to try and bring the other cars up to par?

If people see the Hurancan or 458 in the top 10, it's usually just one person, not half the field like with the 911. The McLaren has never been there as far as I can recall.

If the power, weight, and transmission are left alone, I really can't see where the harm is in allowing us to tune the cars.

Even just LSD tuning.

PD should allow tuning just so OP can come to the realization that he just can't drive MR cars, and he's got an awfully big crutch ... which is blaming the stock tune.

Are you sure you're ready for something that meta?

LOL..Ya, Ok.

By the way, here I am winning Catalunya with the NSX...again. You were saying saying something about crutches and META?

4981003253334409736_0.jpg

Not everyone know how to, or wants to tune their car, so it creates an unfair advantage for the ones who do, just find a car that works well on that track. Not many people know much about cars anymore, that’s why they took the performance parts out of GT Sport and put in the simplified version of tuning.

PD should allow tuning just so OP can come to the realization that he just can't drive MR cars, and he's got an awfully big crutch ... which is blaming the stock tune.

Are you sure you're ready for something that meta?

Nah mate...PD must allow tuning because the physics and default setups are garbage. Either that or fix issues that are part of the game since GT2. I believe there's nothing wrong on wanting something that's supposed to work to actually work, and that doesn't happen with most of GTS features.

Nah mate...PD must allow tuning because the physics and default setups are garbage. Either that or fix issues that are part of the game since GT2. I believe there's nothing wrong on wanting something that's supposed to work to actually work, and that doesn't happen with most of GTS features.

So you should know that tuning broke gt5 and 6. Cambers? Reverse ride height? Flipped gearboxes to name a few. People will exploit what they can once tuning is open.

Tuning is not the answer. Better stock setups for some cars is what's needed.

Just for reference the 458 is fast. I know people who are fast with it, but it takes time to learn, and you cannot be flitting from one car to another and be on pace at the drop of a hat.

I want cars to have character and not just be a different skin.

Tuning in GT5 and 6 also just brought new OP metas to the table, and you could tune any car to feel like another. That is not a fix for GTS.

Nothing will be perfectly equal, just like real life. If you want to buck the meta, go ahead, but don't moan when you're off the pace. Certain tracks will always favour certain cars.

That’s like saying players have an unfair advantage for knowing how to be faster.

I know how to tune but I don't want to spend my time tinkering with setups. I want to get on and race.

Good drivers can drive round quirky handling characteristics with some cars, or they understand cars quickly and learn how to be fast with them without needing setup. Is that unfair?

I know how to tune but I don't want to spend my time tinkering with setups. I want to get on and race.

Good drivers can drive round quirky handling characteristics with some cars, or they understand cars quickly and learn how to be fast with them without needing setup. Is that unfair?

Once you tune a car once, you won't need to tinker with it much more. I just don't agree with dumbing down the dailies by taking away something as run-of-the-mill as tuning.

The Mcclarens pretty quick on Catalunya.
Debating on using it.
The setup is very very neutral. Balance is nice.
Love that car. I haven’t put any time in the Ferrari.

Once you tune a car once, you won't need to tinker with it much more. I just don't agree with dumbing down the dailies by taking away something as run-of-the-mill as tuning.

You will though, because other people will tinker endlessly for the perfect tune for each track, thus creating a bigger gap to those who don't spend time on it. Once you tune, you'll have to tweak for every track, because everybody else will. Then you're chasing setup and not laptime/racing.

It will open a bigger can of worms than it will solve imo.

Edit: Diff tuning only could work though

So you should know that tuning broke gt5 and 6. Cambers? Reverse ride height? Flipped gearboxes to name a few. People will exploit what they can once tuning is open.

No, tuning didn't broke the game. Bad physics broke the game.

But can they fix bad default setups and bad physics with only skill? I doubt it.

Not everyone know how to, or wants to tune their car, so it creates an unfair advantage for the ones who do, just find a car that works well on that track. Not many people know much about cars anymore, that’s why they took the performance parts out of GT Sport and put in the simplified version of tuning.

Like the "unfair" advantage of traction control, or counter steering assist, or using the META car, or...(should I go on?). If you have found your way to this forum, you have already solved your dilemma. Go to the tuning section and implement a tune posted there.

You will though, because other people will tinker endlessly for the perfect tune for each track, thus creating a bigger gap to those who don't spend time on it. Once you tune, you'll have to tweak for every track, because everybody else will. Then you're chasing setup and not laptime/racing.

I'd say the same as I stated above. As it stands now, you have to hunt for the right car for the track. It wouldn't take long for the community to come up with tunes for each track, and the system allows for you to have multiple tunes.

I don't see it as anything more than added depth.

But, let's face it, the (gr 3) Renault, Ferrari, and Lamborghini are messed up. At low speed, it's like driving on ice and that doesn't make any sense. How does a car with state of the art suspension and sticky racing rubber lack the capacity to turn a corner that the average street car can rail around? If PD won't fix them, at least let the community have a crack at it.

But, really, without adjusting the transmission and such, I can't see there being a MASSIVE change in the times at the top because of the law of diminishing returns, as in the well handling cars have less to gain than the ill handling ones.

Last edited:

Nothing will be perfectly equal, just like real life.

You know, since you're talking about real life, tuning our cars is possible in real life. Tuning isn't a cheat.
Also, having the best setup doesn't mean you're gonna win a race, just saying.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I see it as beneficial to the depth and longevity of Sport Mode. The tuning community would grow and it would be that much easier for anybody to find tunes here or on youtube. Setups should be available through the discover tab to download and apply to your car too but that's whole other topic.

You know, since you're talking about real life, tuning our cars is possible in real life. Tuning isn't a cheat.
Also, having the best setup doesn't mean you're gonna win a race, just saying.

But every racing team IRL has the knowledge to properly tune their own cars, every joe blow playing GTS doesn’t.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I see it as beneficial to the depth and longevity of Sport Mode. The tuning community would grow and it would be that much easier for anybody to find tunes here or on youtube. Setups should be available through the discover tab to download and apply to your car too but that's whole other topic.

I see your point of view completely and understand what you're saying. My opinion is, that this would cause more issues (BOP balancing etc) than fix, but I do think PD could improve some of the stock tunes to be more user friendly. It took me weeks of using nothing else but the 458 GR3 to get something like on pace with it, when it really shouldn't be that difficult when compared to the 911 for example.

Now diff tuning I could say yes to. There are only 3 things to change, and it can be easily understood with little time to work out the effects of each part and can drastically change the drive-ability of a car on corner entry, exit and power application. This in conjunction with better stock tunes would solve most issues without breaking BOP.

Some cars will still be suited to certain tracks more than others though.

Any joe blow could search a setup on his phone and copy a setup from there into the game, lots of work I know.

The game seems to be designed to be “plug and play” not “plug then research and play” though. The less moving parts the game has the easier it is for PD to control what goes on in it.

I’m with ya man, I miss tuning cars too, but I get why it’s been locked out for online. It make sense.

Tuning won’t solve anything, all it will do is create a new meta. The lambo for example is an absolute rocket down the straights now, if that was tuned to handle easier as well it would immediately be the meta.

What’s the point in tuning if someone posts the tune, we all end up with the same one anyway. And the faster guys just post faster times, doesn’t close any gaps.

This.

It's absolutely pointless, fast guys will just be faster. No idea what it achieves but wasting time.

Race.

If you want endless tinkering, the fellas at SMS have an excellent game called Project Cars II. Join a league and tinker until your wrist is sore.

Back