PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let me adjust suspension and diff!!!!

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 137 comments
Not sure why you are quoting me in this. Also the way you talk about people who don’t agree with you is very poor form, you are coming across as a grade a nob, little FYI for you there.

I don’t complain about TC, CSA or any other thing. I drive fast because I practice until I’m competitive.

No problem with that at all. Needs to be 5 races, 3 as are, 1 tune and 1 an hour long.

I’d love longer races.

As for you @Voodoovaj
Clearly you have almost unmatched skill and knowledge and your experience speaks for itself.
I got into hot water by naming names and learned that’s against forum rules.
I suggested earlier in the thread that you post a video illustrating what you are trying to say.
I’m not gonna purposely embarrass you with the replay. I still respect you in spite of the tone of your postings because you are a human.
I simply disagree with your opinion on this matter. I disagree that you know what I mean when I refer to neutral handling. I disagree that I am somehow unqualified to comment on this. I disagree that I am not worthy of some basic level of decency. I disagree with being ridiculed for no reason.
So, I disagree with you regarding this, but I will happily race you fair always just like I already did.
It’s a very bad idea to post video replays like mine given the context for a myriad of reasons.
No one wins when we all whip it out and measure up. Dirk Diggler will just come by and we will all be emasculated anyhow.

Last edited:
Not sure why you are quoting me in this. Also the way you talk about people who don’t agree with you is very poor form, you are coming across as a grade a nob, little FYI for you there.

Because I am :D ...but seriously, after playing this game since it's inception, having a cornerstone of the game become a back burner feature irks me.

But I quoted you because you made a comment about "other pro drivers" so I responded. Also, the forum has a hard rule over multiple posts, so I put it all into one.

Back on topic, I see a huge conflict of game features.

The cars are setup with tuning in mind. As noted, some have an atrocious stock setup, probably because of the (largely) blanket settings. Everything has 7/4 anti-roll bars for instance. They really need to have some tune applied to them to be competitive outside of the single player game. If all you play is single player, then the game is designed to never need a tune. I would go so far as to say that the single player is a better experience without tuning.

But we're not talking single player here.

To have the raison d'etre of the game, aka Sport Mode, to be devoid of tuning seems super strange to me. It's supposed to be serious racing, with FIA sanctioning and ranking. The wins and losses mean something. Your behaviour means something. Isn't single player the "user friendly" part of the game? No PS+ needed for that. For Sport, I need to pay $70 a year. Yet, in this more serious mode, for which I am paying an annual fee to take part in, they choose to make it more user friendly. Seems backwards to me.

For 20 years, getting the best of yourself and the car has been about practice AND the tune to suit you. Essentially Man and Machine. Tune the man through practice, tune the machine through trial and error (or copying someone else's trial and error).

Last edited:
The irony of people calling the op disrespectful. You guys have been telling him his opinion doesn't count because he uses aids and is looking for excuses but then act offended when he turns it on you and says you are the ones looking for excuses. It ridiculous.

The irony of people calling the op disrespectful. You guys have been telling him his opinion doesn't count because he uses aids and is looking for excuses but then act offended when he turns it on you and says you are the ones looking for excuses. It ridiculous.

Ye I’ve not said anything of the sort mate

Because I am :D ...but seriously, after playing this game since it's inception, having a cornerstone of the game become a back burner feature irks me.

But I quoted you because you made a comment about "other pro drivers" so I responded. Also, the forum has a hard rule over multiple posts, so I put it all into one.

Back on topic, I see a huge conflict of game features.

The cars are setup with tuning in mind. As noted, some have an atrocious stock setup, probably because of the (largely) blanket settings. Everything has 7/4 anti-roll bars for instance. They really need to have some tune applied to them to be competitive outside of the single player game. If all you play is single player, then the game is designed to never need a tune. I would go so far as to say that the single player is a better experience without tuning.

But we're not talking single player here.

To have the raison d'etre of the game, aka Sport Mode, to be devoid of tuning seems super strange to me. It's supposed to be serious racing, with FIA sanctioning and ranking. The wins and losses mean something. Your behaviour means something. Isn't single player the "user friendly" part of the game? No PS+ needed for that. For Sport, I need to pay $70 a year. Yet, in this more serious mode, for which I am paying an annual fee to take part in, they choose to make it more user friendly. Seems backwards to me.

For 20 years, getting the best of yourself and the car has been about practice AND the tune to suit you. Essentially Man and Machine. Tune the man through practice, tune the machine through trial and error (or copying someone else's trial and error).

I agree entirely, and by the sound of it you're surprised that nobody anywhere hasn't really said much about it, including finalists etc (as far as I know) which is strange considering they are 'The best drivers in the World' and should be the first to notice and suggest to PD to make some alteration.

Not only that but almost all stock set-ups are poor, and not even really helpful to beginners either because some typical characteristics conflict with one another magnifying some characteristics.

If they introduced settings, typically those that fret over set-ups will get a tune from someone with good knowledge and everybody else will just use stock settings as the lap time difference isn't massive once you're 4+ seconds off the pace.

Once you have a good set-up, it usally works on most tracks with just a tweak here and there.

2EFD2380-0523-4C93-9114-E3DF10CE0A6D.jpeg
Gt3 Lambo 5 of them in the top 10...

As an enthusiast as opposed to being a hardcore racer, I just want to be able to adjust the final drive. Drove the Group 4 race at Red Bull Ring a whole bunch of times in the 458 and 6th gear was almost redundant. Getting outrun by Renault Megan's, Audi TT's and the like down the longest straight was ridiculous, I could have just used one of the other cars, but I didn't want to.
Once the power and weight are BoP'd, everything else should be allowed for personal preference.

Ever since playing GT since GT1 approx 20 years ago there has always been a mix of needs and wants. Some like stock, others tuned, some like same car racing others like diversity, some like tuning, others hate it etc etc...

For me the answer is fairly simple, there are 3 daily races so why not have:

Race 1 - same (stock) car for all
Race 2 - 'group / class' of cars with tuning
Race 3 - 'group / class' of cars all stock - no tuning

It's not perfect but nothing ever will be (unless you have many / multiple races that cover all demographics - which is never going to be feasible / realistic), but at least this covers the 3 basic (and IMO) biggest demographic user groups (same car, stock and tuning).

Common sense should prevail, but this is PD and common sense is simply not on their agenda, and hasn't been for along time...

View attachment 786863 Gt3 Lambo 5 of them in the top 10...

Shocking that a track that is mostly straight would suit a car that doesn't like to turn..truly shocking. /s (look, I'm using /s correctly :))

FYI, the Lambo is also good at St. Croix, which is a similar point and shoot track. Come back when you can find a pic of the Lambo in the top 10 on a track with turns.

Argument ,dispute ,object, blah blah lead nowhere. Its their program to give us a "RACE" with the rules outline. PEROID. So shut the hell up!

No one is forcing you to read, nor is anyone compelling you to answer. The rules were changed to the current status of fixed setup. If there is consensus to go a a different direction, PD has shown a willingness to change the game.

You can't find a consensus without bringing up the points and discussing it.

We both know there would be no point

ACTUALLY, as luck would have it, we have been given Lago Maggiore this week. (Race B GR3)

So, since everyone is fine with the default setup up, why don't we all give it a try? Let's wrap this discussion with some Lambo seat time.

FYI, I have qualified the Lambo with a 1:57.9. The top ten here in NA is currently populated with 911's, yet, I cannot catch my Lambo with my 911. Also, I am usually a second away from a top 10 time (once the dust settles). My optimal time is 1:57.5. Both my optimal time and my qualifying time are less than 1 second from the top 10.

These facts lead me to believe that the Lambo is every bit as fast, if not faster, than the 911 here at Lago. The biggest difference is that the Huracan is far more delicate and averse to being upset. Personally, I run it with -4 brake balance, but you'll have to find what suits you.

I haven't given the Ferrari much time so I can't comment on it.

Seriously, and I am being serious, let's wrap this up by letting the bulls run at Lago. Let's spice this race up instead of having it be yet another 911 fest.

(For reference, out of the 6 races I have run there, I have 2 wins, 3 seconds, and 1 fourth because I messed up big twice, but it should be noted that after my first mistake, I did claw my way back to second before my second mistake.)

Last edited:
Ive never been into online racing so yesterday i completed my 3rd,!! online race.lol Really enjoyed it despite not coming first,or last for that matter.
Anyway what i was wondering,after reading through this thread,without sounding stupid but is it possible to tune a car before entering sport mode and keep those settings or will the car revert back to the `base/stock settings`once you enter the race?If its been covered elsewhere appologies for asking again.

Ive never been into online racing so yesterday i completed my 3rd,!! online race.lol Really enjoyed it despite not coming first,or last for that matter.
Anyway what i was wondering,after reading through this thread,without sounding stupid but is it possible to tune a car before entering sport mode and keep those settings or will the car revert back to the `base/stock settings`once you enter the race?If its been covered elsewhere appologies for asking again.

Nope. The settings are always stock. Your settings revert back after the race.

All you can do is adjust the brake balance. That's persistent.

Back