Please STOP focusing on online multiplayer!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 185 comments
  • 14,268 views
I don't really care that PD updates the online aspect of the game, but I think they should concentrate on updates that improve ALL aspects of the game, before focusing on just one.

Now I understand that it's a new online system and that it has bugs to be worked out. But once it's sorted out, don't make us wait for fixes that shouldn't be broken in the first place.
 
It's Gran Turismo. Online is nothing for the series. Gran Turismo is all about playing alone through GT Life

I'm am 100% against this. Online is the reason to buy the game in first place. Removing it would be utterly ridiculous. It's bad enough to be forced into playing GT life.

That said, I'm all for patching GT Life. Firstly, because I find it annoying. Secondly, because it's a big part of the game for others.
 
Seriously, probably the only reason to prefer racing against mindless bots over real breathing humans is because you are farming for credits, or you just are not good enough to compete with someone who is not programmed.

I haven't gone online yet as I have been busy with work and the holidays, but I would never buy a racing game in this day and age that did not support online racing. Racing vs humans is a million times better than racing against mindless bots.
 
The game ain't perfect but still darn fun. I'm patient and optimistic as new patches are released the game will get even better.

I have had some GREAT races online, and haven't had ANY trouble with punters/noobs.

I've enjoyed getting my butt spanked by what I took as equal competition in online games AND have enjoyed shocking people and hearing through my speakers "darn that Subaru is F A S T!" in a surprised voice. I've been punted from a few rooms, I assume it's just the person I passed in the curves and left in the horizon.

I even get really silly and drift once in a while.


my .02
 
Last edited:
I dont get any framerate issues or tearing tbh.

Online however is pretty pointless without any method of tracking progress and development. It needs an online XP to give purpose to racing.

Framerate only drops (and screen tearing) when there are lots of cars on the screen.

I never experienced this in previous GT games though... that's why it's a major issue for me.
 
It seemed that all patches which have been released are for online multiplayer.

It's Gran Turismo. Online is nothing for the series. Gran Turismo is all about playing alone through GT Life. Please, please, for god's sake do not worry about the issues in online! It's not that important at all.

FOCUS on GT Life! Fix the framerate, screen tearing, shadows, and remove the game save protection. Make more cars premium!

It really frustrates me that PD still haven't fixed the issues that I want fixing!

PD, you're dropping the balls. GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 was so much better. GT5 is the only one in the GT series that is having framerate issues. :(

I'll be happy if you remove online multiplayer completely from GT5, PD!
Probably the most stupid and ignorant post I've seen on this forum ever. Top 5 anyway. Sorry for the honesty.
 
I completely agree. I want them to focus on GT Life more. I cant see any ignorance in his post either
 
I'll be happy if you remove online multiplayer completely from GT5, PD!

Yea right, nowadays gamers think everything competitive MUST be online. Online playability is considered as important as controls.
 
Yea right, nowadays gamers think everything competitive MUST be online. Online playability is considered as important as controls.

This is where quality of games disappears.
 
i_like_where_this_thread_is_going_again.jpg
 
Fix the lame AI and then fix the online.

I was in a bad mood before I fired GT5 up today, and now it's even worse.:grumpy:

Luckily Bob is winning without effort in B-spec..
 
It seemed that all patches which have been released are for online multiplayer.

It's Gran Turismo. Online is nothing for the series. Gran Turismo is all about playing alone through GT Life. Please, please, for god's sake do not worry about the issues in online! It's not that important at all.

FOCUS on GT Life! Fix the framerate, screen tearing, shadows, and remove the game save protection. Make more cars premium!

It really frustrates me that PD still haven't fixed the issues that I want fixing!

PD, you're dropping the balls. GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 was so much better. GT5 is the only one in the GT series that is having framerate issues. :(

I'll be happy if you remove online multiplayer completely from GT5, PD!

Last time I checked the universe don't evolve around you.
 
This is where quality of games disappears.
No, it's where quality is made. And what are you gonna do about it anyway? Do you think PD will remove the online feature just because you want them to? Ha! Good luck, kid.
 
Online-racing is most important. Offline Career-mode is just dinosaur from past decade... get rid of it.

PD should mix best parts from both and be first to create Online Career-mode where you could race those Sunday-Cups and all others, against other players... fill empty grid-spots with AI or something like that.
 
No, it's where quality is made. And what are you gonna do about it anyway? Do you think PD will remove the online feature just because you want them to? Ha! Good luck, kid.

picard-no-facepalm.jpg
 
PD needs to focus on multiplayer so that we can all enjoy the game online. Things like the gear ratios being locked, buggy interior gauges and the sort can be fixed after PD are happy with GT5's online. This game isn't even a month old and it has plenty of life left in it. Just be paitent.
 
To add to my previous post, I view online as a nice addition to the game but nothing more. The most important part of the game is of course the GT mode and having so few prize-exclusive cars makes a ridiculous unlockables system. Also if there's online mode there should be prize-exclusive cars for beating x number of opponents, achieving something, etc.
 
Your little picture jokes really doesn't make you come of as the most likable and respectful person.... just sayin'

Expressing on what I think in pictures FTW! 👍

Fail comments from people come up with pictures like this is fun.
 
To add to my previous post, I view online as a nice addition to the game but nothing more. The most important part of the game is of course the GT mode and having so few prize-exclusive cars makes a ridiculous unlockables system. Also if there's online mode there should be prize-exclusive cars for beating x number of opponents, achieving something, etc.

Yay, high five. 👍

Glad that someone agreed. Face this, people! :sly:
 
Your little picture jokes really doesn't make you come of as the most likable and respectful person.... just sayin'

He doesn't exactly come off as open minded, but I think there might be some justification there

No, it's where quality is made. And what are you gonna do about it anyway? Do you think PD will remove the online feature just because you want them to? Ha! Good luck, kid.

If he was responding the bold, I sort of agree with him. He was only voicing his opinion, perhaps hoping to garner some support from the forums (hey, it worked for unlocking game saves).

I couldn't be any more opposite from him, but he has every right to voice his complaints and seek a change that he sees as beneficial.

Now, if the picture was a response to the unbolded part, then the photo isn't appropriate at all. If that's the case, I'm hoping he did it only because he's mad.
 
Well, I just learned that people on here are very strict about other people's opinions. Chill out fellas.
 
Wow. I am sorely disappointed by the attitude of the opener of this thread. You had people come in here and maturely approach this, yet you respond with these immature face palm pictures calling the rest of us dumb. High quality GTPlanet member right here.
 
Wow. I am sorely disappointed by the attitude of the opener of this thread. You had people come in here and maturely approach this, yet you respond with these immature face palm pictures calling the rest of us dumb. High quality GTPlanet member right here.

LOL! Get some sense of humour!
 
It seemed that all patches which have been released are for online multiplayer.

It's Gran Turismo. Online is nothing for the series. Gran Turismo is all about playing alone through GT Life. Please, please, for god's sake do not worry about the issues in online! It's not that important at all.

FOCUS on GT Life! Fix the framerate, screen tearing, shadows, and remove the game save protection. Make more cars premium!

It really frustrates me that PD still haven't fixed the issues that I want fixing!

PD, you're dropping the balls. GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 was so much better. GT5 is the only one in the GT series that is having framerate issues. :(

I'll be happy if you remove online multiplayer completely from GT5, PD!
Well, I just learned that people on here are very strict about other people's opinions. Chill out fellas.
Funny thing is that you didn't state in your first post that it was only your opinions.

You are frustrated about PD concentrating on something you don't like, but almost everybody else does. I, like so many others, think it's the most important feature of the game, and the reason I'm still into the GT series.
 
Back