Please STOP focusing on online multiplayer!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 185 comments
  • 14,266 views
I think the majority of people who are into racing games like to race and that is best done online as that is where the competition is at. I have saw many poeple come online for the first time thinking they are very good, having smoked the AI and all only to find themselves being lapped by much better drivers.

If you have never tried a good online race then you simply do not know what you are missing. Sure sometimes you get idiots who like to drive the wrong way and/or play bumper cars and sometimes you get a laggy connection or dropped but that is part of the package. Once you find a group of guys you like to race with it is a much better experience.

Online is the future of racing games for sure and games which do not include this and do it well will be left in the dust by those that do.

btw How can you say it is not suitable? I think it works out very well for online racing tons of cars to choose from and some very good tracks as well as weather and nightime.

Responding to the bolded text, yes I agree ONLY if the game is designed for it which GT5 is not.

If a racing game is designed for online and is suitable for it, then yes go ahead and put online in it. I totally agree that online multiplayer is the future, but only if the game is designed for it. Sorry for repeating, just to be clear.
 
Gt is, but apparently the features are still to come. Give it some time and see.

Anyway the thread is saying they should pay less attention to the online side but that is the opposite of what they should do and will do. Online is the key to the success of the game in the long run and the more they put into it the better.
 
I think I know why he prefers offline. you can't get away with bringing 3 times as much if a car and having your way with real people.

Or he made a deliberate choice to whack a hornets' nest just to see what would happen.
 
Gt is, but apparently the features are still to come. Give it some time and see.

Anyway the thread is saying they should pay less attention to the online side but that is the opposite of what they should do and will do. Online is the key to the success of the game in the long run and the more they put into it the better.

Well, I do hope that there will be hundreds of patches on its way for GT5 because offline got a lot to improve.

At the moment, online is a bit dodgy in GT5, hopefully they'll improve it. AND I want them to improve offline too! :odd: Attention to both should be equal. I think it's wrong that online is currently having more attention.

I just wish that majority of people would race clean. When I played online last night for a try, and people just raced dirty which is putting me off.
 
Last edited:
@ Gamerwillz - you have made my day:idea:

Find some friends mate and you will see why online racing is the bomb dot com.
 
Responding to the bolded text, yes I agree ONLY if the game is designed for it which GT5 is not.

If a racing game is designed for online and is suitable for it, then yes go ahead and put online in it. I totally agree that online multiplayer is the future, but only if the game is designed for it. Sorry for repeating, just to be clear.

What constitutes a game that's designed for online racing, then? Or rather, what would be the difference between Gran Turismo and such a game?
 
I never enjoyed racing online in a realistic driving simulator. There will be lots of idiots who would just ram everyone off the road!

If I want some decent online racing, there is Motorstorm.

I can't understand how people enjoy racing online in GT5. It's just not suitable.

The only reason why I'm annoyed by this "online" gimmick is because it have reduced the quality of the game.

GT5's AI is horrific, and the undeveloped GT Life single player progression is as stale as the toast you made the morning GT4 was released. PD needs to dump the lame single player and focus on online play only.
 
Responding to the bolded text, yes I agree ONLY if the game is designed for it which GT5 is not.

If a racing game is designed for online and is suitable for it, then yes go ahead and put online in it. I totally agree that online multiplayer is the future, but only if the game is designed for it. Sorry for repeating, just to be clear.
Why is GT5 not suitable for online!?!?!?!? It's perfectly fine, and almost everybody enjoys it except you!

Look, I have a quite slow connection, but the online races I've been to has never lagged, I have never been ran into and the racing has been closer than you can imagine!

I hate you for making me behave like a mad 7 year old.
 
For me online mode is essential.
The best thing about it, is that you can create your own lobby. So you can drive with your mates without bumper-car-idiots crashin´ you all time.
In my opinion the best improvement.

I mean if you have no friends at all, and also not enough self confidence to drive against real humans instead of the AI, oh dear... In that case you want polyphony to drop online mode.. But in that case you also have much greater problems then Kaz focusing on online mode.

Kaz we want xp and cash for online races!!! Please!!!

eddiefumar - stigs bosnian cousin
 
Some of you think that online is an essential, fine. That's your opinion. But I disagree with that. I think online should be missed from the game and focus on quality and content of the game like previous GT typically had.

Improving online in this game is such a waste. Such a shame that GT5 had to have the gimmick feature.
 
Last edited:
Some of you think that online is an essential, fine. That's your opinion. But I disagree with that. I think online should be missed from the game and focus on quality and content of the game like previous GT typically had.

Opinions are fine when you respect opinions that differ to your own and can acknowledge that many others do not agree with you.

This thread demonstrates that there is a need for online due to the considerable number of people who think it is important. It may be your opinion that GT5 would be better without online but if you extend that opinion to the point of ignoring the demonstrated need for online it is no longer an opinion, you are simply ignoring reality. The fact is that there is a significant number of people who think online is essential as demonstrated in this thread, this alone means online is an essential feature to maximise sales.

Improving online in this game is such a waste. Such a shame that GT5 had to have the gimmick feature.

It is comments like this and the facedesk comments that cause people to question your intentions and/or mental capacity (youth, defect?). You start a post with an acknowledgement that people are entitled to their opinion but you finish the post with a definitive statement. What makes your statement bad is you have disregarded anything others have said to you, you have disregarded logic and you have presented a statement as truth based on your unpopular opinion. This says to me that either you are trying to stir people or you lack the mental development to have a serious discussion.
 
7HO
Opinions are fine when you respect opinions that differ to your own and can acknowledge that many others do not agree with you.

This thread demonstrates that there is a need for online due to the considerable number of people who think it is important. It may be your opinion that GT5 would be better without online but if you extend that opinion to the point of ignoring the demonstrated need for online it is no longer an opinion, you are simply ignoring reality. The fact is that there is a significant number of people who think online is essential as demonstrated in this thread, this alone means online is an essential feature to maximise sales.



It is comments like this and the facedesk comments that cause people to question your intentions and/or mental capacity (youth, defect?). You start a post with an acknowledgement that people are entitled to their opinion but you finish the post with a definitive statement. What makes your statement bad is you have disregarded anything others have said to you, you have disregarded logic and you have presented a statement as truth based on your unpopular opinion. This says to me that either you are trying to stir people or you lack the mental development to have a serious discussion.

Well, when there are that many people who think online is essential, then there must be something wrong with these people.

I think your second part is so, so wrong. There is nothing wrong with me. I feel that my opinion is valid.
 
Some of you think that online is an essential, fine. That's your opinion. But I disagree with that. I think online should be missed from the game and focus on quality and content of the game like previous GT typically had.

Improving online in this game is such a waste. Such a shame that GT5 had to have the gimmick feature.
Online is not a gimmick it is where the real action is at in racing. Any racing game worth its salt will have a good online mode. The thing is that even the best offline mode gets dull after a while but a really good online mode can keep you entertained for much much longer. There is only so many times most of us can stand to beat the same AI in the same cars in the same races. Online it is always a bit different. Unlike the AI people get better, people do things that you do not expect and they make racing interesting.

Fortunately you are not in charge of the game and PD is aware that online is important to most of us and to thier continued success.
 
Online is not a gimmick it is where the real action is at in racing. Any racing game worth its salt will have a good online mode. The thing is that even the best offline mode gets dull after a while but a really good online mode can keep you entertained for much much longer. There is only so many times most of us can stand to beat the same AI in the same cars in the same races. Online it is always a bit different. Unlike the AI people get better, people do things that you do not expect and they make racing interesting.

Fortunately you are not in charge of the game and PD is aware that online is important to most of us and to thier continued success.

I am still amazed at stupid people like you with dodgy views like this. It's just not normal. You and others should know what Gran Turismo is about. It would be interesting to see brain scans of you guys to see the structure of them.

Get a grip dude!
 
Last edited:
I am still amazed at stupid people like you with dodgy views like this. It's just not normal. You and others should know what Gran Turismo is about. It would be interesting to see brain scans of you guys to see the structure of them.

Get a grip dude!

You're so one sided I'm quite sure you think every street you drive down is a one way.
 
Are you actually joking?

Are you really trying to argue a point that has been proven numerous times over, in just this thread, let alone before going to look at how sales show online communities prosper in video games?
 
Lol, this is funny. I finished with this thread. Let this thread die.
 
So, rather than finally take the truth that online is an essential, you quit? Not the manly thing to do, now is it?


Pretty much every video game has online nowadays. It is a necessity for maximum sales. I can guarantee you, GT5 wouldn't sell even half of what it has now if it didn't have online.
 
I am still amazed at stupid people like you with dodgy views like this. It's just not normal. You and others should know what Gran Turismo is about. It would be interesting to see brain scans of you guys to see the structure of them.

Get a grip dude!

Well, when there are that many people who think online is essential, then there must be something wrong with these people.

I think your second part is so, so wrong. There is nothing wrong with me. I feel that my opinion is valid.

The irony is you affirm my thoughts about you with your response. You insult people, you present statements as fact with no supporting evidence or argument and you completely disregard the logical comments of others when you reply.

If you want to be taken seriously you need to back any claim you make with evidence or a logical supporting argument. When you respond to others you need to address what they have said and show why you think what they have said is incorrect. Your ongoing inability or refusal to do so combined with your simple immature insults demonstrates that either you are a troll, a child or you lack the mental capacity to communicate effectively.
 
Fair enough, I've got a fast Internet connection and I haven't even played online. I see Gran Turismo as a game to play alone to get the money and buy cars to do certain races, and tune the cars up. Racing with AI is fun, and racing against the clock is fun as hell as well!

All I do when I think of "online" in GT5 is...

facedesk.jpg
Seriosuly, racing is about competition. Racing online is the best thing to come for the GT series since it came out. GTlife is to get the best cars, tune them up, enhance your skills and then use them online.

Remove the online, you remove a certain human aspect of the game. Seriously, you want online removed? It's already bad enough that the AI is crap.
 
+1 To the OP.
Career mode is the great strength of Gran Turismo.
I’m glad GT added online, don’t get me wrong, but I think the focus on damage and online is far too high.
 
Lol, this is funny. I finished with this thread. Let this thread die.

Here is my question. WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST RACING REAL PEOPLE?!?
I mean, are you just not good enough? Why? Honestly I want to know!
 
I am still amazed at stupid people like you with dodgy views like this. It's just not normal. You and others should know what Gran Turismo is about. It would be interesting to see brain scans of you guys to see the structure of them.

Get a grip dude!
Well I am forced to conclude that you must be like 12 and unable to drive well enough to compete with real drivers since you seem to hate online so much.

You are entitled to your opinion however wrong it may be but when you resort to name calling that just shows how childish you are. Grow up.
 
This is an idiot 10year old kid. He has too much free time.
 
Well I am forced to conclude that you must be like 12 and unable to drive well enough to compete with real drivers since you seem to hate online so much.

You are entitled to your opinion however wrong it may be but when you resort to name calling that just shows how childish you are. Grow up.

I agree with him, but I don't think online should not be focused on.

And I don't only think of this for GT5.

I feel that developers are starting to focus too much on online play. Games these days seem to be about online online online. I like playing online as much as the next guy, but I like to have my singleplayer experience nice, clean, and bug free also.
 
Sorry, I have to admit that online multiplayer is really good. I have just joined a good room with good connection with clean racers. Shuffle Races. Played for quite a long time and I really, really enjoyed it. So forgive me guys. I am retarded in this thread.

PD, focus on both, online and career modes. Not just career like what I was saying. I was so wrong. ;)

Honestly, I feel really stupid here right now. :O
 
Sorry, I have to admit that online multiplayer is really good. I have just joined a good room with good connection with clean racers. Shuffle Races. Played for quite a long time and I really, really enjoyed it. So forgive me guys. I am retarded in this thread.

PD, focus on both, online and career modes. Not just career like what I was saying. I was so wrong. ;)

Honestly, I feel really stupid here right now. :O

As you probably should. Why speak so adamantly on something you had no idea about, truly.
 
eh, just glad you finally see the light..
 
Multi-player is a big deal for GT5 and will help it live on for a long time to come. Especially with the latest updates. It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me, and to a lot of other people. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that fixing what's wrong in GT Life shouldn't be a priority, but I like the fact that they want to get the online section right too. Because THAT is where the REAL longevity of the game is going to come into play.

I agree with you. The reason why they are concentrating mainly online is due to the online part being really bad and we just can't take it with all the bugs and problems that we get online. They knew from the start that the online part would win or break GT5 so this might be the reason why they are working only as of now on the online side. Believe me they must going crazy right now because GT5's online element isn't going the way they were hoping for so that's why we (community) come in to help! :P

Sorry for my English in advance, I am from Brazil.
 
Back