PLmatt's Photo Gallery :: Mazda Protege :: 8.4.06 :: NEW UPDATE!

• Thread starter PLmatt91
  • 940 comments
FaLLeNAn9eL
looks good man, very clean. i wouldve cropped the top off a little more but thats just me ;) about the blurring i think u shouldve left the background unblurred. *shrugs* great shot none the less

Thanks FA, I was aiming for clean but I don't know, still a bit too sharp in some areas, I wanted a full size picture, not cropped or any thing, looks ok as it is :) And I think I should've blurred the background (not just the road) more... But I'm going to try and repeat this step again some time. Thanks!

👍 Very nice picture Matt! The Skyline looks great, I can't see any fault with it whatsoever! The trees in the background look great, but IMO they would look better if they were slightly out of focus. The light trees look soft, whilst the dark trees look a little sharp. Its only a minor observation, but it doesn't take away from the picture. Great shot man, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

noobie 4 ever - Thanks, they should be under Rays wheels, you'll know which one.

magburner
👍 Very nice picture Matt! The Skyline looks great, I can't see any fault with it whatsoever! The trees in the background look great, but IMO they would look better if they were slightly out of focus. The light trees look soft, whilst the dark trees look a little sharp. Its only a minor observation, but it doesn't take away from the picture. Great shot man, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

Thanks mag!! Your monitor touches up pictures then because I can see mine ever so clearly :lol: I also agree on them being a little out of focus, but I really need help on how to make it look out of focus with out just doing gaussian blur over it. The trees were set with median to 60% cause they were extremely sharp with the original. Once again, thanks mag, I gotta try more single picture updates, but to spend more time on these pictures to get a better outcome. Any suggestions on my next car to use?

wow! absolutely perfect in my mind...could you tell exactly how you got your car soo clean, did you just use the smudge tool?thanks!

PLmatt91
The trees were set with median to 60% cause they were extremely sharp with the original.

Have you tried using manual focus in game? Try a low setting at first, and see how it affects the image you have. Increase it step by step until the whole of the car is in focus, but the background is blurred. Once your happy, use PS to improve it. Hope that little tip helps. Practice with manual focus and you will achieve some great effects. 👍

If your stuck for a car, try a convertable of your choice! :)

magburner
Have you tried using manual focus in game? Try a low setting at first, and see how it affects the image you have. Increase it step by step until the whole of the car is in focus, but the background is blurred. Once your happy, use PS to improve it. Hope that little tip helps. Practice with manual focus and you will achieve some great effects. 👍

If your stuck for a car, try a convertable of your choice! :)

If I did, it'd come out even weird-er haha...

Dead_Poetic : Revolution. was helping me out one day so I just decided to try his thing.

1 - Select what you want to clean.
2 - Press crtl + J to put it on to a new copy.
3 - Press crtl + click on the new the copy to select it.
4 - Use the clone stamp to cover up ANY signs, emblems, lights on the car.
5 - Duplicate that layer and use the filter Gaussian Blur to clean it a little, and set that opacity from 0% - 40%. I used 20% - 30% on different body panels.
6 - Then go back to your orignal layer with the clone stamp in it and duplicate that.
7 - Then go to blur > motion blur, and set the distance from 1 - 10 (I used 6 for the whole time) And press ok.
8 - Then go to your orignal layer that was set to a new layer and erase the body parts that you covered with the clone stamp (if there were any) and link or merge those layers and you're done!

You guys do things much more proffessional then me...
Great result matt 👍, One of your best yet... Though I think you missed cleaning up the bonnet from the blur, But im just being picky. 👍

what order do all the layers have to be in at the end, from top to bottom is it:

layer copy 1
layer copy 2
layer
background?

im confused about this...and also, do i adjust the opacity of the motion blurred layer, and how much gaussian blur do i use?

Dead_Poetic
what order do all the layers have to be in at the end, from top to bottom is it:

layer copy 1
layer copy 2
layer
background?

im confused about this...and also, do i adjust the opacity of the motion blurred layer, and how much gaussian blur do i use?

Yes, it is supposed to be in that layer order.

No, you shouldn't adjust opacity of the motion blurred layer, and you should use about 5% - 30% opacity.

Thanks every one else! I'm glad that the tip helped out.

And Funkshen - Thanks dude, and you think this is professional? My neighbor is a Photoshop wizard and makes ads and campaigns in Photoshop, and if he were to clean this car up, he'd literally CLEAN it up :lol: You wouldn't see one pixel in it any more and it wouldn't look out of focus either. And on the bonnet, I'm guessing that's the hood of the car? I can't tell the difference, maybe because it's just sharpened, but that's just me. I am not sure.

PLmatt91
noobie 4 ever - Thanks, they should be under Rays wheels, you'll know which one

thanks, and for your requests i would love to see a spoon integra type R any colour, any track, or any phototravel location (sorry if you'done one already)

noobie 4 ever
thanks, and for your requests i would love to see a spoon integra type R any colour, any track, or any phototravel location (sorry if you'done one already)

Too late :D I already got a picture done and I'm doing 2 more tonight, I should be able to post it up by tommorow afternoon. Don't let FallenAn6el show you it! Only he knows! :P

Dead_Poetic
thanks PL for helping me out with that, in my next update, ill post a pic that i tried to use that method for...

Okay, cool :)

Instead of 3 pics for my next update, I'm gonna do two, the third one didn't come out so well. Hopefully, I'll finish it all off tonight and I'll post it later :)

Update 41

Nissan 240sx (S14) @ Trial Mountain

(Click for larger size)

About 4 hours of work into those 2 pictures. I'm very satisfied this time. The hood in the first picture is getting on my nerves :grumpy: Any ways, C&C please.​

awesome pictures PL, i get so excited now everytime i see that you post something new because i know that i am going to enjoy them thoroughly...awesome job. I think that hood looks fine the way it is...

Dead_Poetic
awesome pictures PL, i get so excited now everytime i see that you post something new because i know that i am going to enjoy them thoroughly...awesome job. I think that hood looks fine the way it is...

Thanks D_P. This is stunning what you think of my pictures :lol: Thanks again d00d.

I dont see any flaw in the hood, i actually like how it realistically mirrors the image of the trees in the background.

You make a S14 fan proud. 👍

The skyline indeed is great!
But the first sx shot is awesome dude! Wow it looks great. The 2nd shot is great as well, but I somehow don't like the colours of it.

Anyhow great update matt! 👍

Thanks every one, really. I have been talking to FallenAn6el lately and he's helped out a lot in these pictures. I got more tips and stuff from him so I gotta say thanks :)

As for a new update, any nice, luxury cars come to mind? I might do some extensive photoshop in this update 💡

I already did 300C, but I'm not sure, I want to try and find something close to that.

And thanks Sej, I couldn't have gotten this car with out any help from a couple of people here on GTP :D

Back