PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

• Thread starter uwrecker
  • 380 comments

Are extremly expensive cars a mistake?

• Total voters
this is a thing that really annoys the hell out of me. Why would you put a car into the game that 90% of the players will not be able to play with?

It´s really frustrating how can you put cars into the game that cost 20 millions like in GT Sport. I payed for the game but without some crazy grinding I will never be able to buy this cars and play with them.

Is it just me or is this the dumbest decision you can make as a developer? Well I can understand up to 2 million for exotic cars but ****ing 20 million? God damn. :/

Is it just me or is this the dumbest decision you can make as a developer? Well I can understand up to 2 million for exotic cars but ****ing 20 million? God damn. :/

They are priced that way to reflect their real-life status as unicorns, along with racing pedigree to boot. Would you like a room filled with nothing but 250 GTOs or Porsche 917s?

And imagine this world seeing those cars replacing hatchbacks and SUVs.

Plus, I think Seasonal Events will return, so it should be an avenue to get huge amounts of cash in little time.

EDIT: Though I do agree that 20 million is a bit too much. 10 or 15 million should be okay.

But for 1 million? Erm... nope. That's underwhelming for a car that has too much demand yet very little produced.

Last edited:
Not every car is meant to be attainable for the average Joe. The $20 million cars are like trophies for the most dedicated players. You may not use the cars often but having them there in your garage does make you feel proud. Knowing that you've truly earned the car makes the effort worthwhile.

WHy waste effort modeling the cars if people can't even reasonably attain them? I understand the rare status and getting you to play the game more to acquire them, but removing them from the daily gift, and nerfing all the decent ways to earn cash, I wouldn't buy them out of spite.

Not every car is meant to be attainable for the average Joe. The $20 million cars are like trophies for the most dedicated players. You may not use the cars often but having them there in your garage does make you feel proud. Knowing that you've truly earned the car makes the effort worthwhile.
That's why cars like this should be given as a prize for a beating difficult challenge and not for the meaningless grind. I can put my game overnight to grind money and buy the car... it will not make me proud. It's just another annoying barrier to overcome.

Them being unicorns in reality is a poor argument for them to be expensive. This is a video game where the game economy isn't even scaled to reality. You have cars that are overpriced and some that are underpriced to their respective real world prices.

If you want cars to be reflective of their real world status then the 250 GTO should cost 48 million.

Last edited:
Yeah, the 12.5mil 250 Berlinetta is attainable and the 15mil cars are a stretch. 20mil is over the top.

5mil cars are tough to get for casual players. I'm thinking prize cars are coming back in offline races.

You hit the nail right on the head Lowndes, saying the $20 million cars are like trophies for the most dedicated players.

I’d like them to remain expensive, because they shouldn’t be cars you could buy just after winning a handful of races.

That said, it would be nice to have a test drive feature, because it’s quite a gamble to spend that much credits on a car without driving it first.

GT is one of the game where car cost isn't determined by their performance. The most expensive cars are the unicorns with significant prestige in real life, the legendary classics, either road or race. The one that's infuriating is the credit limit.

That's why cars like this should be given as a prize for a beating difficult challenge and not for the meaningless grind. I can put my game overnight to grind money and buy the car... it will not make me proud. It's just another annoying barrier to overcome.
This one I agree though. Just like in earlier GTs that there are not for sale cars (as expensive as 20 million is, not for sale ones can never be attained) which is used as prize cars. GT should prioritize the harder to obtain cars as prize cars.

Last edited:
The problem isn't the price, but earning money is a lot harder in GTS compared to older games.

The previous games for example had the following:
- Login bonus up to 150%
- Seasonal events that pay out millions per race
- Prize cars that can be sold (and won multiple times)
- B-Spec so you can grind money while AFK
- Also generally a lot more GT League races including multi race championships that give big bonuses at the end

If all those come back in GT7, no one would complain of getting 20 million cars again. I remember back in GT5 I had every single color of the X2010 just because I keep maxxing out the 20 million credit limit every week :lol:

Last edited:
PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

Awww, but they're my favourites :(

PS_Messages_20200803_111504.jpg

You hit the nail right on the head Lowndes, saying the $20 million cars are like trophies for the most dedicated players.
Or the players that can cheat the most.
The problem isn't the price, but earning money is a lot harder in GTS compared to older games.
Mmm, actually it's sort of both - but more the price.

GT Sport has the second highest credit payout rate in Gran Turismo history, behind only GT6... but because it also has the joint highest-priced cars in Gran Turismo history (with GT5 and GT6), it's also the second slowest in terms of how long it takes to earn the credits to buy the highest priced cars in it, behind only GT5. When GT5's servers were on, it was about equal (GTS is still slightly quicker), and there were occasionally high value Seasonal Events.

In GT6 of course it was incredibly fast - taking less time to win enough credits to buy a 20m car than it did in GT3 to buy a 3.5m car - and faster still with login bonuses and high value Seasonals. GTS pays out faster than any other game except GT6 which, since it was the last one before GTS, might tilt our perspective a little towards thinking older games were faster.

The 20 mill cars are achievable for everyone within the confines of the game, albeit with varying timescales required depending on how you choose to play. The Le Mans Audi... who knows..., the LH44 AMG VGT is only available after paid DLC and if a player has a certain, relatively high, degree of skill.

All things considered, if PD intend to make some cars 'rarer' or harder to obtain within the game, making them really expensive is probably the fairest way to do it. If I was faced with a choice of my favourite car being 20 million, with the current payouts, being locked behind a skill wall I couldn't beat, or only being available at all for free, but on a totally random basis... I'd probably pick the first.

Listen you Administrator, if a game let's you do the pit lane glitch back in 2018 I have the right to it because it is in the game.
Sure thing. And because it's an unintended mechanic that you are exploiting (and was patched out to prevent people from exploiting it), it's a cheat, so you cheated.

As you cheated to get money in the game, you don't get to pontificate about the right way to play the game, or about how dedicated other people are, or how balanced the game economy is. You're a cheater; your opinion on how to play the game and other people's dedication is invalid - you are simply not worth listening to on the subject because you cheated to get around it. Despite that, you continue to pop up and tell people how the game economy is fair, or they're not dedicated enough to grind for credits (like you didn't do, because you cheated), or they're not playing the game the right way. You're even telling people what the right way to play GT7 will be, even though you cheated in GTS, and I wager will cheat again in GT7 if the opportunity arises.

Every time you get on your horse and act as an authority on moral behaviour in Gran Turismo, I will point out your blazing hypocrisy as a known and admitted cheater. If you don't want me to point out that you cheated every time you tell other people about the right way to play, don't do it.

@Famine

thx that is so true, if you use the bugs to get more money then you are admiting that you are not ok with the prices of the cars.

And don´t get me wrong I don´t have a problem with cheating in singelplayer you are not harming anybody by cheating in singelplayer. I also used the memorycardswaptrick to get the cars faster on the old games. ;)

To be fair, those unltra expensive cars in GTS are kinda lame anyway. A few old sports cars. Albeit, old sports cars with some history behind them, but for the most part, they are just old sports cars. They drive like crap (fun to throw the Daytona around, but still kinda meh), and are only competitive in a few career mode races.

But at the end of the day, isn’t that what GT is all about? The niche car. Finding that car that works great for that one race. Looks cool as hell, feels like it was designed to only work at one particular track, and in some cases requires you to play the game (cheating or not cheating) to get.

Plus, I know PD will continue on PS5, and let you go the even lazyer (sp?) route and just throw some physical coin their way and buy it for $4.99.

Back