I did those:
  • Race Type: Endurance
  • Starting Grid: 20
  • Boost: Off
  • Fuel Depletion: 10x
  • Opponent Category: Gr.1
  • Opponent Difficulty: Professional
I chosen the Nurburgring 24h (25,378m)

Car: Toyota 86 GRMN, down to 177HP and weight reduced too...

Didn't understand that part though:

Toyota 86 GT, limited to slightly under 150hp will do the trick—just enough that it registers as an N100 vehicle.

I finished the race - but 2nd, because the 1st car was 35 sec in front of me! Oh well...:confused:

Slap on some Racing Super Softs and Drive quicker!

Slap on some Racing Super Softs and Drive quicker!

Yeah, i was driving with Racing super soft, of course for the second one - that's up to me i guess. :-P

However, i didn't catch completely the thing with the N100 vehicles.

So, if you drive with an N200 does it matter?

I assume it consumes more fuel, right?

But still, couldn't found any restrictions about the 150HP N100 matter.

So, any car with 150HP does register as N100?

Yeah, i was driving with Racing super soft, of course for the second one - that's up to me i guess. :-P

However, i didn't catch completely the thing with the N100 vehicles.

So, if you drive with an N200 does it matter?

I assume it consumes more fuel right?

But still, couldn't found any restrictions about the 150HP N100 matter.

So, any car with 150HP does register as N100?

You want to set the power jst low enough that the car rating doesn't go to N200. I do this in a tuned UP S-FR, and even over two laps you can beat the Gr.1 opposition. At N100 you can do it flat out without worrying about fuel --- but you might not win. At N199 (i.e. the highest power setting before it clicks to N200) you should do it with time to spare, but you will need to set fuel map to 2 for about 1/3rd of a lap.... easy enough if you do it around the slower corners.... just be mindful and it should be easy.

Didn't understand that part though:

Toyota 86 GT, limited to slightly under 150hp will do the trick—just enough that it registers as an N100 vehicle.
You get a higher reward for competing in an N100 car than in an N200 car. So you want your car to be an N100 car, not an N200 car, to get the most reward.

At 150hp (in fact I think it's 150PS, which is 148hp) or above a car automatically becomes an N200 car, because it rounds up to 200hp. So whatever car you use has to have less than that to qualify as N100.

You can tune an N100 car up to that, or tune an N200 car down to that - whatever works best for you. People tend to find cars tuned down to lower classes are faster, probably because they have wider tyres and more torque. But they're often heavier too, so spend some Mi points on the Weight level and reduce it as much as you can. Then fit Racing Super Soft tyres and go for it.

And to get a clean race bonus you just have to not touch any other cars?
Or walls, or run off the track.
I like doing the Nurburgring one in the SFR, except I set it to two laps, as on the second lap the opponents reduce their speed as soon as they emerge from the pits, which means they lap around the same pace as you do... introduces a little more excitement as I generally catch that pesky Audi at Tiergarten. I doubt it yields rewards any faster though.
Yes, I don't recommend this for two reasons. Firstly, the wildcard of cars coming at you from the back can kill your clean race bonus, but also the reward doesn't scale with laps. Doing a two-lap race is less profitable per minute than doing two one-lap races.

Yes. Mileage Points unlock new levels for tuning power and weight further up or down. 100% always remains the original power and weight of the car.

You get a higher reward for competing in an N100 car than in an N200 car. So you want your car to be an N100 car, not an N200 car, to get the most reward.

At 150hp (in fact I think it's 150PS, which is 148hp) or above a car automatically becomes an N200 car, because it rounds up to 200hp. So whatever car you use has to have less than that to qualify as N100.

You can tune an N100 car up to that, or tune an N200 car down to that - whatever works best for you. People tend to find cars tuned down to lower classes are faster, probably because they have wider tyres and more torque. But they're often heavier too, so spend some Mi points on the Weight level and reduce it as much as you can. Then fit Racing Super Soft tyres and go for it.

Or walls, or run off the track.

Yes, I don't recommend this for two reasons. Firstly, the wildcard of cars coming at you from the back can kill your clean race bonus, but also the reward doesn't scale with laps. Doing a two-lap race is less profitable per minute than doing two one-lap races.

Didn't know the below.

So, thanks for the clarification! ;)

Maybe you all have discussed this at one point, but that's why I like the GTPSP Cr. multiplier. the more laps you do, the more you earn. Seems like such a balancing act to earn Cr.

I think it'll work best with a lower power and pitting once. Maybe when the AI pits the second time you overtake everyone and sail to an easy win.

It's easier to control at low power and there's less to overtake, yet after doing that race in 3 different ways, full power and 3 pit stops (I actually did 4 yet fuel map 2 for 1 lap would have made it 3) I ended up lapping everyone, but the first 4, twice. I couldn't see the time to 2nd anymore for the last 5 laps as I had lapped him already.
With N400 Porsche fuel map 1, pit end 6, end 18, I end up 1 minute 45 or so ahead of second.
With N400 Porsche fuel map 5 and 6, 1 pit end of 13, I end up about 50 sec ahead of second.

What I haven't found yet is a way to do it clean. Attempt 6 failed while stuck behind 3 erratic driving AI, while another one from way behind suddenly got the racing itch, caught up and rammed me at the hairpin sending me into the car in front of me. That was after my first pit stop, lap 8. The problem is the AI seems to activate when you get near, then starts racing for real and catches up with sleepy AI in front to form a messy blockade. The low power Porsche isn't fast enough to get ahead of these suddenly boosted AI, they suddenly floor it and run into you.

The AI is weird, I pretty much run the same lap times. Sometimes the gap steadily increases, sometimes it's completely stagnant and sometimes they suddenly close the gap at a rapid pace.

Next time I'll keep more distance yet again to see if it's somehow possible to stay clear of the AI. Attempt 6 I was still 50 sec ahead at the end, plenty of room to take even more evasive actions and hang back. In theory 2:15 lap times should be sufficient for an easy win.
I tried to do it clean with the 1 pit stop strategy as well yet go stuck behind a group for too long and the leader build up too much of a lead. A pit stop after 6 laps guarantees some clear road to make up time. By lap 6 I'm usually stuck behind 5 AI cars in 13th or 14th place. The rest floors it as soon as you pull up beside them, then catch up with other AI to form a blockade :/

A full power Porsche might be easier to keep clean as you can easily overtake them on the straights, yet I'm trying to max the bonus :)

To be honest it just doesn't seem to be worth it for the amount of time it takes. Yea you're doing a real race so it's more engaging but the credits per minute is too low and it is easier to get the clean race bonus on Blue Moon Speedway

To be honest it just doesn't seem to be worth it for the amount of time it takes. Yea you're doing a real race so it's more engaging but the credits per minute is too low and it is easier to get the clean race bonus on Blue Moon Speedway

Bluemoon is certainly a lot more more efficient. Porsche one takes over an hour in which you can do Blue moon 5 times. 5 times that oval is not as fun though, but the Porsche one doesn't qualify as the easiest way for sure. Starting attempt 7 now, one more go today. It's still half a mil without the clean bonus.

And to get a clean race bonus you just have to not touch any other cars?

And no walls, stay on the track, don't take a shortcut. Though it sometimes forgives errors on the AI's part. Once on bluemoon a car lost control crashed into me in T3 send me across the infield and I still got the clean race bonus. Yet another time an AI car overtaking at high speed rubs me and the bonus is gone. I wish the SR down symbol would appear in single player as well instead of leaving it a mystery until the result screen.

The Maggiore race in the Professional section is easily won cleanly at N400 using the Alfa 4C Group 3 Road Car (in the Mileage shop this week) on RSS tires. The Ferrari F40 is also good, but not as planted and forgiving as the Alfa. The F40 takes air over "the hump" whereas the 4C sticks and continues to accelerate.

The X-Bow at N300 is more of a challenge, a key factor being to stay off the curbs.

In my opinion, Maggiore is more fun than either Blue Moon or the Tokyo expressway.

Last edited:
If you want credits real quick, just do the reversing glitch or just sit the car like in this picture below for about 14 seconds and you win the race.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171229154049.jpg

This is no cheating because it is in the game.

Maggiore with the N300 X-Bow is nice as well, it's the longest of the three though. 2 less laps would have been better. Even with the X-Bow you can almost get first at the half point of the race. Maybe one day we'll get an expensive enough car that can be detuned to N200.

Personel quest accomplished, attempt 7 was successful :)
90Dc.jpg

I took it slow again at the start, careful overtaking until 15th place. 14th got interested in racing so I followed him. We passed a few more cars while I stayed behind him. Then he teamed up with 11th, both making it further up until 7th and 8th. I got in 10th with another car in between and fell back to 11th dodging a missile just before entering the pit at end of lap 6. No tire change, full fuel for 12 more laps.
Got out of the pit in 13th. After a couple more overtakes and cars pitting, I got to 2nd in lap 11. First place wanted to race, passed him in lap 12 when he had to slow down for a back marker, but I gave the position back a lap later as he became dangerous behind me. So I followed him, lapping other cars, until he pitted at the end of lap 16.
My second pit stop was at the end of lap 18, tire change plus full tank, made it back out just in front of 2nd place. The race was pretty much done at that point. Second place didn't put up a fight anymore and still had another pit stop to go. The other cars let themselves get lapped very easily so it was smooth sailing from there on out.

There was one scary moment when the AI didn't brake early as they usually do and dove to the inside with me alongside him. Our sides touched, luckily it didn't count.
A0Dc.jpg

Fun race!

That gets you barely any XP (about 360 for an hour's "driving"), but is good for Mi.

It seems there is a drop-off as well in all the XP-Mi-Cr. gained. The longer you keep racing, the fewer gain you get. I even collected a lot of data on this but didn't bother yet to drop it in a spreadsheet. For now I only try to do about 30-40 laps just to get the daily reward but cashing in and restarting it every 30 mins or so is better than letting it run for several hours.

Premium Sports Lounge is indeed a grindfest, especially when using one of the most OP road cars in the game - the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

The Tokyo Expressway race is my personal favorite.

I've been tinkering with No. of cars for the Nurburgring 24 and as soon as you pick under 15 cars, the R18 doesn't break the pack anymore, instead it's clustered with the others.

I've been doing the Premium Sports Car Lounge race 2 and 3 with a stock Ferrari F40. It's been my go-to, and the 90% handicap bonus plus the clean race bonus is nice.

I've been doing the Premium Sports Car Lounge race 2 and 3 with a stock Ferrari F40. It's been my go-to, and the 90% handicap bonus plus the clean race bonus is nice.

The F40 is a beast. I ran it last night @N499 and was still turning 46’s for lap times. I dropped the weight and only had to lose a few hp to get to 499. It probably won’t work but I am going to try 399 tonight.

The F40 is a beast. I ran it last night @N499 and was still turning 46’s for lap times. I dropped the weight and only had to lose a few hp to get to 499. It probably won’t work but I am going to try 399 tonight.
I've been wondering about the Countach, given how light it is...

My best it now 12:00.18 on Blue Moon Bay with the N300 KTM XBow. I need to start tuning the car to get better, yet have no clue how to. I lowered to top speed to 290 as that's as high as it reaches while racing, not sure if that helps. The biggest gain was trail braking in T3 so I can get consistent high 47s laps.

AI placement is a big variable, bunched up in T1 bad. Best if you exit T1 close behind another car to pull you along to T3. Then lock on to the next car out of T3 and out brake him at T1. Once day it will all line up and I'll beat my record.

Thank for the write up! I used the mustang gr3 road car on the BB course that was a gift car. Can win on n500 with no laferrari, but can easily win on n600, but even on that the laferrari is a hand full. I have not got the clean bonus yet because every time I get to a corner and slow because someone is in my way I get rammed from behind and if I try and go low, the worthless ai turns down on me even though I have position. Then when going high they pinch you into the wall. I have won every time except when I had it on n500 and I drew the laferrari. My race times are about low 12minutes on the n600 and about 12:30s on the n500 tune. Only difference is the horsepower. I did change a bunch on the car, but it is the same on both levels. Only have to use the brakes in turn 1.

edit: and I tried the ring in an n100 against the fast cars for a lap a few times. They did not run out of gas or anything like that. I just got last, by a lot, tried both tracks twice.

Last edited:
edit: and I tried the ring in an n100 against the fast cars for a lap a few times. They did not run out of gas or anything like that. I just got last, by a lot, tried both tracks twice.
You have to set the Fuel Depletion: 10x.

I did. I even upped the tire wear also. They slowed down about half track and just kept going, but a n100 miata was not close. I even tried the 24hr course since it is longer and, same result. I tried it on both tracks twice and same result. But, as long as you do not get the laferrari on the
BB track, that one is really easy. And more mindless.

I did. I even upped the tire wear also. They slowed down about half track and just kept going, but a n100 miata was not close. I even tried the 24hr course since it is longer and, same result. I tried it on both tracks twice and same result. But, as long as you do not get the laferrari on the
BB track, that one is really easy. And more mindless.
I always use the 24hr course and I use Racing Super Soft tyres and a good tune on the Mazda 👍, I Just Get under 11 minutes race time.

I used my personal miata on the rss tires, but I was lazy and was getting around middle 12s on the 24hr. I did not try too hard since I figured if they would run out of gas anyway, just didn't happen. oh well. the BB course is easy enough. went from level34 to 36 while i was watching tv and taking my continuing education classes for my real estate license tonight. That is how easy that one is. Only got second once. I got wrecked a few times and spun around and still won in two of them. I just lost when I had a n400 mustang and drew the laferrari. ooops.

I did. I even upped the tire wear also. They slowed down about half track and just kept going, but a n100 miata was not close. I even tried the 24hr course since it is longer and, same result. I tried it on both tracks twice and same result.

Did you increase the car's power to ~148HP? Also, lower the weight to minimum. If you drive clean, you should be able to reach the first positions on the straight line before the finish.

Yea, I do not remember the exact power, but it was the most until it went n200, and yes the weight was the minimum. It was probably because I wasn't really trying since the way I read it they were going to run out of gas and stop, not keep going. So I did't really try. I don't like that track that much. That was the problem I guess. I will just stick with the mindless BB track. Thanks though I may try again and actually try next time.

Back