PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

• Thread starter uwrecker
  • 380 comments

Are extremly expensive cars a mistake?

• Total voters
Playing GT7 you will still need to grind them races that have the better payouts over & over, if you want one or all of the high priced cars in the game. Playing GT6 I did not buy all the 20 million credits cars in the game only 2 cars, and I had to grind for them and the other cars I needed for my garage.
GT Sport is not a numbered game, but it was good for earning credits with the amount of cars in the game :).

I expect GT7 game economy is going to be like GT6 game economy when the game server was online, and you still need to Grind to earn credits by doing the same race again & again, to buy them unicorn if you want. For GT7 you be able to buy the cars at the PS store so you don't need to Grind for them, but if you say no to the PS store well you have to grind.
For GT7 you may win a lot of cars by winning the events anyway. So whatever happens in GT7 just play the game whether you play for 30 minutes or 2 hours a day, and remember this just because you can only play for 30 minutes a day and you blame the game for a poor economy is a very lame excuse.
You don't know how GT7's economy will work so why are you jumping to conclusions?

For GT Sport, if players use Credits, I think 120million Cr. are needed to get those cars. 5mil Cr will get players all the cars 100,000 Cr. and under(which there are 101 - I just bought them all).

When it comes to race cars, PD pretty much give those away in Campaign Mode. Between Cr. and gift cars, players can acquire them all without grinding.
To buy them all, players need 13mil for Gr.3 and 9mil for Gr.4.

If players stick to the basics of GT Sport(Gr.3&4), everything else are bonuses.

If Gran Turismo 7 comes complete with gifting cars the way GT SPORT does right now, grinding for expensive cars is over.

I'm strongly against the idea of grinding, where cars should be a little bit cheaper (like maybe say, the most expensive cars should be no more than Cr. 2,000,000 instead of Cr. 20,000,000). Kind of like in the recent Forza games (in particular, Motorsport 7) where the most expensive car is around Cr. 2,000,000.

And that's another reason why all cars should be in Arcade Mode as rental/courtesy cars (or at least an Arcade Mode similar to GT3 or the first two Forza games, where you get to unlock all of the rest of the cars), one such reason is for players to try out cars before they actually purchase them and add them to their Garage, with the added benefits of tuning and customizing.

It's kind of like, if they're going to promote excessive grinding, you're most likely not going to let other players enjoy the full richness of the cars of the game until they spend days or weeks trying to grind, as it could become very boring and tedious.

I find it sadly fascinating that the person telling people, "If you can't find the time to play to make credits to afford cars, that's your fault" is the same person in another thread who didn't think the people who did find the time to make credits to afford cars, should be allowed to carry over any of that time-spent to a new game.

So you grinded hours and hours and hours of GT Sport to afford a nice collection of cars?
And now you have to do it all over again in GT7 & you can't say or do anything but just accept it?
D4J_jWnWsAAwPIP.jpg

I also wonder how it looks when PD show manufacturers their in-game sales numbers.

Are Ferrari okay with 250 GTO sales numbers extremely low? It similar to the real world, with so few owners.
I'm sure many players have bought(even if gifted) F40s, F50s and 458s.

Do Ford think their Shelby and classic GT prototype brands are fine as is? As long as the Ford GT '17 and Mustang GT are selling, maybe it doesn't matter. No doubt the GR.3&GR.4 cars are being bought, gifted and FIA selected.

It'll be very interesting to see how expensive cars play out in Gran Turismo 7.

I also wonder how it looks when PD show manufacturers their in-game sales numbers.

Are Ferrari okay with 250 GTO sales numbers extremely low? It similar to the real world, with so few owners.
I'm sure many players have bought(even if gifted) F40s, F50s and 458s.

Do Ford think their Shelby and classic GT prototype brands are fine as is? As long as the Ford GT '17 and Mustang GT are selling, maybe it doesn't matter. No doubt the GR.3&GR.4 cars are being bought, gifted and FIA selected.

It'll be very interesting to see how expensive cars play out in Gran Turismo 7.
I do not think they care. Unless someone can find some hidden link between the in-game car sales having any effect on how much money the manufacturer is making in real life, all the manufacturers care about is getting paid for their licensing & making sure their vehicles are not shown in any negative light.

Considering the majority of GT (or any car game)'s content are cars out of production, it's not like the manufacturer can do anything about it in relation to the real car; it's done and gone.

There should be high value cars you really have to earn. If you want to show off with something this is it! All the cars were beatyful, fun to drive an much faster than a modern GT3 racecar. So yeah, they should be something special in GT7, too. Also the engine sounds were awesome of these classic cars.

Last edited:
I do not think they care. Unless someone can find some hidden link between the in-game car sales having any effect on how much money the manufacturer is making in real life, all the manufacturers care about is getting paid for their licensing & making sure their vehicles are not shown in any negative light.

Considering the majority of GT (or any car game)'s content are cars out of production, it's not like the manufacturer can do anything about it in relation to the real car; it's done and gone.
Mazda and Toyota do care. In the Mazda interview about the RX-Vision GT3, the lead designer bragged(pointed out) about the MX-5 being to most sold car in GT Sport. Also, Kaz mentioned 600,000+ Supras were sold in-game.

I'm not relating the numbers to real world sales. We saw what GT did for the Impreza and GT-R.

Another interview gtplanet posted, I've posted it in a couple other threads, claims manufacturers do want to see their cars in a certain light. They ask for specific cars to be front and centre in the game.

A model may have ended production, but if players are still buying more of a model than others, I'm sure those manufacturers wouldn't mind seeing those numbers.

I mean, the VGT program got those participating brands' interest. Even the ones that made actual functioning real life cars. McLaren even participated. It'd be interesting to know if someone on their board(licencing, social media, or wherever), gets an email once in awhile, on sales numbers.

Gran Turismo 7 coming up, other games have had new models. Like the 720S in Project cars, 720 GT3 in ACC. What "new"(shoot, even classic) models will McLaren have requested of PD? We'll find out.

Well it makes perfect sense, these manufacturers license their cars because they want and expect them to be driven in the game, hoping that more people are aware of the brand and their models. You could say that only applies to new cars you can go out and buy but even people being able to drive the old classics boosts brand recognition, and it helps them when they come out with modern version of retro cars. How many people drove the classic Alpine A110 in video games and recognised it in the new 2017 car? Or the Ford GT40? Etc.

Cars that only a few people drive are not good for anyone.

It's a bit weird that many, probably most of the French cars, are exceptional in the game.

The Mazda designer even said Mazda got involved to get more players using the brand. Specifically to choose the RX-Vision GT3 for FIA. Mazda already had the good performing GR.3 Atenza.

The Japan-only Porsche e-sports series, may not be about in-game sales, but as you say, the brand awareness and boosting their e-sports packages, could be the main goal.

If game has good credits/in-game economy, it is bad for real life business (micro transactions).

So first say no to micro transactions and then yes to fair enough in-game earnings.

My thought.

GT Sport is not a numbered game, but it was good for earning credits with the amount of cars in the game :).
It isn't. It objectively isn't, and I've showed you this time and time again. You can buy all the buyable cars - and there's about 850-900 of them - in GT1, GT2, and GT3 combined in less time than it takes for the 315 in GT Sport.

Are you actually going to respond to anyone's comments at any point, or ar you just going to trot out the same "you have to grind because grinding is how you grind" tripe, nonsense about numbered games, and random Capitalised Words, while pontificating about how other players who don't cheat aren't putting in the time?

If it's the latter, then this thread simply doesn't benefit from you being in it.

Last edited:
It isn't. It objectively isn't, and I've showed you this time and time again. You can buy all the buyable cars - and there's about 850-900 of them - in GT1, GT2, and GT3 combined in less time than it takes for the 315 in GT Sport.

That's insane to think about. For my own laziness what are the numbers? And what would they be if you take out 20 million credit cars? 10 mil and up? Take out anything higher than the most expensive in 1, 2, and 3? Just for curiosity.

Now that this thread has established that the GTS economy is objectively bad (isn't good), maybe we can turn the discussion to: why. Why did PD implement such economies in GT5, GT6 and GTS?

That's insane to think about. For my own laziness what are the numbers? And what would they be if you take out 20 million credit cars? 10 mil and up? Take out anything higher than the most expensive in 1, 2, and 3? Just for curiosity.
Well, for me to get the remaining 89 cars(91 minus the GR.Supra, LH VGT and Mileage Exchange cars), it will cost me 33 million for the VGTs I don't have,
6.3mil for the GR.3 cars, and 1.35mil for the GR.B cars I don't have.

I was luckily gifted the Miura just yesterday in the second tier Driving School completion.

For me to get all the expensive cars, plus, the Plymouth classic concept, it's an eye watering 130mil Cr.

I had a bit of a play around (up to a point) recently, just checking out 5, 6, and Sport.
I tallied up the cost of the top 100 priced cars, also noted the price of the 100th most expensive car, and also the price of the 200th car.

GT5:
Cost for top 100 cars: 400mill.
Price 100th: 950k
Price 200th: 390k

GT6:
Cost for top 100 cars: 350mill.
Price 100th: 1.25mill.
Price 200th: 750k

Sport:
Cost for top 100 cars: 270mill.
Price 100th: 550k
Price 200th: 200k

I didn't look into anything older than GT5.

It doesn`t really matter because in Gran Turismo grinding is fun! :D
Racing in the cars and series you want and choose to race in is fun, grinding becasue you have to is not. The odd person may happen to love the events they grind in particular so much so it doesn't matter when they've done it 100 times and still are less than half way to their Cr objective, but I very much doubt that is most people. Being forced to grind is poor game design.

Imagine equating real life work with grinding.

Even if you got some boring desk job, atleast you get some variety of things that keeps interesting in a way no matter how little they are.

Grinding isn't.

If I were still a phone technician, grinding would be me constructing, installing, and removing the same customer's line, every day, until I could afford to buy a $20,000,000 330 P4.
Imagine that.

I could use a cheat code and start my own phone company. Hire cheap Labor to do the work and sit back until my workers make me $20,000,000, so I can then buy the 330 P4. Easy.

Back