PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

• Thread starter uwrecker
  • 380 comments

Are extremly expensive cars a mistake?

• Total voters
Talking about GT games I started GT6 from scratch last year with the Honda fitt car, and I had to do Grind the Red Bull events over & over to get the cars that I want & like in the game. Ok Grinding is boring at times but if you really want that car, well you need to do some Grinding to get the car you want in that game. If you don't like Grinding well how the hell are you going to get them cars that you want.

In GT Sport in just over in 30 minutes of play time and winning a few races yes a few races, you will end up getting over 1 million in Credits. Remember you don't need all the cars in GT Sport just enjoy yourself like me, because I like setting up cars in the game to win races and get the best out of them.
If you want one or all of the unicorns well it is up to you, getting over 1 mill of Credits in just over 30 minutes of ply time & winning a few races is pretty dam good.

I'm surprised you keep sticking your hand into the beehives that are GT economy threads, when your history with cheating has been wide open and discounts you from speaking anything about the economy of GT Sport, and GT games as a whole. (spoilers, GT Sport's economy sucks, no matter how many times you stomp your feet saying that it's fair and balanced and people are just too impatient, when you literally cheated to get the money you seem to think comes in bundles)

-

I mean, if people want something, grinding is going to be a way of life. The fact that the unicorn, 20mil cars in GT Sport have literally no use other then in one GT League event, and have barely been used in Sport Mode races (AKA the thing Polyphony expects you to do and suffer through once you either complete, or get tired of, that utter joke of a single player suite they bolted onto the game like a slapdash addition to a house) really undercuts any point in undertaking the process to actually get them. So by that margin, why price them so exorbitantly out of reach for players, when they aren't going to be used in many other places other then in incredibly specific circumstances, and basically serve as status symbols?

Ok Grinding is boring at times but if you really want that car, well you need to do some Grinding to get the car you want in that game. If you don't like Grinding well how the hell are you going to get them cars that you want.

It's a radical thought, you may not have picked up on it yet. A couple of people may have mentioned it.

Here we go.

Brace yourself.

PD could greatly reduce or eliminate the grinding in their games.

I know, it's a lot to take in. Take your time. You'll get it eventually.

I'm surprised you keep sticking your hand into the beehives that are GT economy threads, when your history with cheating has been wide open and discounts you from speaking anything about the economy of GT Sport, and GT games as a whole. (spoilers, GT Sport's economy sucks, no matter how many times you stomp your feet saying that it's fair and balanced and people are just too impatient, when you literally cheated to get the money you seem to think comes in bundles)

-

I mean, if people want something, grinding is going to be a way of life. The fact that the unicorn, 20mil cars in GT Sport have literally no use other then in one GT League event, and have barely been used in Sport Mode races (AKA the thing Polyphony expects you to do and suffer through once you either complete, or get tired of, that utter joke of a single player suite they bolted onto the game like a slapdash addition to a house) really undercuts any point in undertaking the process to actually get them. So by that margin, why price them so exorbitantly out of reach for players, when they aren't going to be used in many other places other then in incredibly specific circumstances, and basically serve as status symbols?

This thread is about GT7, not GT Sport. I don't think a singleperson can justify the state of GT Sport's economy, and why cars worth 20,000,000Cr. even exist when there is a minuscule amount of content to play.

It's a radical thought, you may not have picked up on it yet. A couple of people may have mentioned it.

Here we go.

Brace yourself.

PD could greatly reduce or eliminate the grinding in their games.

I know, it's a lot to take in. Take your time. You'll get it eventually.

If you just made it easier for higher level players to earn money (the players who should be able to own expensive cars), you won't need to lower the price of those cars. Makes absolutely no sense to just lower the price of the cars when you could add a better progression system to the game.

This thread is about GT7, not GT Sport. I don't think a singleperson can justify the state of GT Sport's economy, and why cars worth 20,000,000Cr. even exist when there is a minuscule amount of content to play.

If you just made it easier for higher level players to earn money (the players who should be able to own expensive cars), you won't need to lower the price of those cars. Makes absolutely no sense to just lower the price of the cars when you could add a better progression system to the game.

Agreed, I never said reduce the price of the cars, but reduce the grinding one way or another. As per my earlier posts in this topic, there are many ways you can do that to make the progression through the game align with the steep increase in car costs, so by the end of the game you can easily afford anything.

My two cents:

I really like the price systems in Gran Turismo games, because they reflect real life prices in USD, without adjusting for inflation. It gives an added depth and realism to the cars, and it makes you appreciate the bang for your buck, or grossly overcharged nature of different cars. A McLaren F1 is worth almost 20 mil in today's market as well, and I'm glad the game isn't making me pay THAT for an F1.

The problem of course is race cars that were never meant to be sold. It then falls onto what people think they're worth nowadays. To reduce the price of these classic race cars would cause an inconsistency with how the pricing system in the entire game works, and I'm not super keen on that, since Sport took such a HUGE and much needed step towards consistency and quality.

GT is a franchise that really is lacking in making cars feel special to me, and these unicorn cars are the very rare exceptions that really stand out to me.

I just bought the 20 mil Ford for a private lobby, so I can definitely empathise with the grind. The problem with these 20 mil unicorns is partly that the economy in the game is awful, as has already been pointed out earlier in this thread. There are a few ways to address this, of course, most of which have been suggested earlier as well, but to add my suggestions on a few other ways to alleviate the issue:

• Even something as simple as making the Daily Workout Gift cars worth a quarter of their dealership price when sold; the usual depreciation for selling dealer bought cars, would make the grind SO much easier.
  • Since we can buy cars with real money in the PS store, why can't we buy these 20 mil cars with real money? I get that there will inevitably be people who will claim this is predatory business practice, but I think GT Sport has provn adequately that PD isn't that sort of company. I'd love to have the option to buy these 20 mil cars with real money, as I recall the justification for microtransactions in GTS being that people can be competitive without spending the time to buy all the cars.
  • Make these cars a one time gift for achieving all Gold in a license test/ the hardest event in the game. If GT7 really does offer a more traditional gameplay with a fully fleshed out campaign mode, this should be very easy to implement.

Ultimately though, the biggest problem I have with these 20 mil cars is that the grind itself is brain dead, which robs the cars of the special feeling that they SHOULD have, along with the sense of achievement. The quickest way to earn money is driving in an oval for 15 laps at a time with a X-Bow... :yuck: I personally drive Group C cars around Monza in the 7 lap Gr. 1 event. 220k x1.5 in roughly 10 mins, and clean race is brain dead easy to get with a Group C car since you're passing in the straight. For some context, you'll take the lead by the end of lap 3 on Racing Hards, and then doing 4 laps with no tyre and fuel to worry about... yeah, you'll fall asleep at the wheel even with a deafening 4 rotor screaming at 10k rpm. I do about three of these races a day for almost a mil a day, which means I'll get enough money for a 20 mil car in about three weeks.

If the events were actually challenging, if we had more viable options with close Credit to Time Spent ratio, the grind would be less mundane, and less problematic. If you were to look at any RPG game, a grind for something special can be very satisfying if done right. The problem here isn't that we have to grind for the cars in my opinion, it's that the RPG element of the game is done just about as poorly as you could imagine :banghead: Earning a unicorn car doesn't feel special because it's not a measure of skill or dedication, but rather, tolerance to monotony and boredom. And who plays a game to be bored?

My two cents:

I really like the price systems in Gran Turismo games, because they reflect real life prices in USD, without adjusting for inflation. It gives an added depth and realism to the cars, and it makes you appreciate the bang for your buck, or grossly overcharged nature of different cars. A McLaren F1 is worth almost 20 mil in today's market as well, and I'm glad the game isn't making me pay THAT for an F1.
No they don't, the prices don't reflect anything like the real world prices for many cars. You can buy a Lamborghini Muira for less than $1m USD at an auction now. If the prices reflected the USD cost of the car new without accounting for inflation then the ingame cost should be around $20,000 USD.

Of course the Muira in GT Sport is a prototype, but these are rarely worth more than an original model in anew condition, so this prototype in GT Sport shouldn't cost anywhere near what it does.

The Shelby Copbra Daytona Coupe is about twice as much as it should be if we're looking at recent real world auction prices.

The prices are all over the place, they are not based on real world prices, they are based on PD's idea for the in game economy.

The problem of course is race cars that were never meant to be sold. It then falls onto what people think they're worth nowadays. To reduce the price of these classic race cars would cause an inconsistency with how the pricing system in the entire game works, and I'm not super keen on that, since Sport took such a HUGE and much needed step towards consistency and quality.
They simply need to find an in game economy that works, the Cr cost of the cars doesn't have to reflect a real world price, the real world prices vary massively from country to country anyway.

GT is a franchise that really is lacking in making cars feel special to me, and these unicorn cars are the very rare exceptions that really stand out to me.
You can make a car special or harder to acquire without forcing people to grind, this is my problem with the in game economy. THe other issue is that if you increase earning potential, you run into the problem that at some point affording these 20m cars becomes okay but everything else you can buy in a second. That breaks the economy.

The other problem is the one we already have where too much grinding is required to afford these 20m cars.

The solution is simple IMO, you reduce the cost of the 20m cars and you increase the number of places and ways you can earn Cr (not the payouts themselves). This way you can save more without grinding beucase there is more to do to earn the Cr's but the econom isn't so broken that these cars become unaffordable for all. THey should be late game content that you neatuarally can afford when you reach the point in the game that they become useful. I.e. in GT7 if there is a historic race car event and it's say an IA license event, by the time you reach that event you should have, or have had the opportunity to buy a car that can compete. You may have spent too much on other cars, that's choice, but if you spend on what you need to keep progressing, you should always earn enough as you progress to not have to grind to progress further.

I just bought the 20 mil Ford for a private lobby, so I can definitely empathise with the grind. The problem with these 20 mil unicorns is partly that the economy in the game is awful, as has already been pointed out earlier in this thread. There are a few ways to address this, of course, most of which have been suggested earlier as well, but to add my suggestions on a few other ways to alleviate the issue:

• Even something as simple as making the Daily Workout Gift cars worth a quarter of their dealership price when sold; the usual depreciation for selling dealer bought cars, would make the grind SO much easier.
  • Since we can buy cars with real money in the PS store, why can't we buy these 20 mil cars with real money? I get that there will inevitably be people who will claim this is predatory business practice, but I think GT Sport has provn adequately that PD isn't that sort of company. I'd love to have the option to buy these 20 mil cars with real money, as I recall the justification for microtransactions in GTS being that people can be competitive without spending the time to buy all the cars.
  • Make these cars a one time gift for achieving all Gold in a license test/ the hardest event in the game. If GT7 really does offer a more traditional gameplay with a fully fleshed out campaign mode, this should be very easy to implement.
Using real world money to buy these cars is not a solution, you've paid for the game, high end content should not be locked behind a paywall for players who don't have hours each day to grind for it. However I totally agree, prize cars should be sellable, and some of these cars could be rewards for completing tough objectives as well.
Ultimately though, the biggest problem I have with these 20 mil cars is that the grind itself is brain dead, which robs the cars of the special feeling that they SHOULD have, along with the sense of achievement. The quickest way to earn money is driving in an oval for 15 laps at a time with a X-Bow... :yuck: I personally drive Group C cars around Monza in the 7 lap Gr. 1 event. 220k x1.5 in roughly 10 mins, and clean race is brain dead easy to get with a Group C car since you're passing in the straight. For some context, you'll take the lead by the end of lap 3 on Racing Hards, and then doing 4 laps with no tyre and fuel to worry about... yeah, you'll fall asleep at the wheel even with a deafening 4 rotor screaming at 10k rpm. I do about three of these races a day for almost a mil a day, which means I'll get enough money for a 20 mil car in about three weeks.
And there is the problem, doing the same race/s over and over just to earn Cr rather than becuase you enjoy that race so much is not good game design. They need more events in GT7, a more balanced economy and to minimise the grind people have to go through currently.

]If the events were actually challenging, if we had more viable options with close Credit to Time Spent ratio, the grind would be less mundane, and less problematic. If you were to look at any RPG game, a grind for something special can be very satisfying if done right. The problem here isn't that we have to grind for the cars in my opinion, it's that the RPG element of the game is done just about as poorly as you could imagine :banghead: Earning a unicorn car doesn't feel special because it's not a measure of skill or dedication, but rather, tolerance to monotony and boredom. And who plays a game to be bored?
Any grind is bad game design, where you have to grind to progress no matter how well you lpanned your play through, that's terrible game design. You are artificially making the game longer, but you are not making the game harder.

If they make the races more challenging, yes that's fine, but then if you still have to grind you have the exact same problem whereby you will be replaying the highest paying out races over and over again to save up for that car you want rather than replaying the race events you enjoy the most. You will still have that issue that saving for these cars is a test of tolerance rather than skill if you still need to grind for them.

As long as the cost of the more expensive cars increases so steeply against everything else, the economy will continue to be broken, because you cannot scale the earnings up that much without breaking it in one way but leaving it as it is is already broken. So I don't see a solution other than reducing the cost of these cars. They don't have to drop to 1m or 2m, but I have said befoore, GT4 had the best economy in any GT game IMO. It wasn't perfect, there were still the high payout events you could repeat over and over if you wanted to save as much Cr as you could, but it wasn't as forced on you to do that to save up because the sheer volume of events and payouts in general were much better balanced.

The most expensive cars to buy in GT4 were 4.5m and they took effort to buy, at the start of the game they looked totally out of reach, but nce you hit the latter stages of the game you could get them after a few events. That's how it should be, IMO of course.

You made some good points in there, I agree with some of it, but I don't see how the problem can be alleviated without reducing the cost of the cars or breaking the economy in another way.

Last edited:
No they don't, the prices don't reflect anything like the real world prices for many cars. You can buy a Lamborghini Muira for less than $1m USD at an auction now. If the prices reflected the USD cost of the car new without accounting for inflation then the ingame cost should be around $20,000 USD.

Of course the Muira in GT Sport is a prototype, but these are rarely worth more than an original model in anew condition, so this prototype in GT Sport shouldn't cost anywhere near what it does.

The Shelby Copbra Daytona Coupe is about twice as much as it should be if we're looking at recent real world auction prices.

The prices are all over the place, they are not based on real world prices, they are based on PD's idea for the in game economy.

They simply need to find an in game economy that works, the Cr cost of the cars doesn't have to reflect a real world price, the real world prices vary massively from country to country anyway.

You can make a car special or harder to acquire without forcing people to grind, this is my problem with the in game economy. THe other issue is that if you increase earning potential, you run into the problem that at some point affording these 20m cars becomes okay but everything else you can buy in a second. That breaks the economy.

The other problem is the one we already have where too much grinding is required to afford these 20m cars.

The solution is simple IMO, you reduce the cost of the 20m cars and you increase the number of places and ways you can earn Cr (not the payouts themselves). This way you can save more without grinding beucase there is more to do to earn the Cr's but the econom isn't so broken that these cars become unaffordable for all. THey should be late game content that you neatuarally can afford when you reach the point in the game that they become useful. I.e. in GT7 if there is a historic race car event and it's say an IA license event, by the time you reach that event you should have, or have had the opportunity to buy a car that can compete. You may have spent too much on other cars, that's choice, but if you spend on what you need to keep progressing, you should always earn enough as you progress to not have to grind to progress further.

Using real world money to buy these cars is not a solution, you've paid for the game, high end content should not be locked behind a paywall for players who don't have hours each day to grind for it. However I totally agree, prize cars should be sellable, and some of these cars could be rewards for completing tough objectives as well.
And there is the problem, doing the same race/s over and over just to earn Cr rather than becuase you enjoy that race so much is not good game design. They need more events in GT7, a more balanced economy and to minimise the grind people have to go through currently.

Any grind is bad game design, where you have to grind to progress no matter how well you lpanned your play through, that's terrible game design. You are artificially making the game longer, but you are not making the game harder.

If they make the races more challenging, yes that's fine, but then if you still have to grind you have the exact same problem whereby you will be replaying the highest paying out races over and over again to save up for that car you want rather than replaying the race events you enjoy the most. You will still have that issue that saving for these cars is a test of tolerance rather than skill if you still need to grind for them.

As long as the cost of the more expensive cars increases so steeply against everything else, the economy will continue to be broken, because you cannot scale the earnings up that much without breaking it in one way but leaving it as it is is already broken. So I don't see a solution other than reducing the cost of these cars. They don't have to drop to 1m or 2m, but I have said befoore, GT4 had the best economy in any GT game IMO. It wasn't perfect, there were still the high payout events you could repeat over and over if you wanted to save as much Cr as you could, but it wasn't as forced on you to do that to save up because the sheer volume of events and payouts in general were much better balanced.

The most expensive cars to buy in GT4 were 4.5m and they took effort to buy, at the start of the game they looked totally out of reach, but nce you hit the latter stages of the game you could get them after a few events. That's how it should be, IMO of course.

You made some good points in there, I agree with some of it, but I don't see how the problem can be alleviated without reducing the cost of the cars or breaking the economy in another way.
No disagreeing with prices all over the place, but McLaren F1 was actually the equivalent of $1,000,000USD, when new. Does the 'Gran Turismo Cr.' : 'insert any country' real money ratio, have any validity? Probably not. Still, the McLaren F1 in game, is 1,000,000 Cr.

I even think the NA MX-5/Roadster were about $16,500-$18,000USD brand new.

Toyota 86 were about $30,000($29,990AUD) brand new.

If someone wouldn't mind correcting me, I think there was a discussion about price changes from GT6 to GTS.

No disagreeing with prices all over the place, but McLaren F1 was actually the equivalent of $1,000,000USD, when new. Does the 'Gran Turismo Cr.' : 'insert any country' real money ratio, have any validity? Probably not. Still, the McLaren F1 in game, is 1,000,000 Cr.

I even think the NA MX-5/Roadster were about $16,500-$18,000USD brand new.

Toyota 86 were about $30,000($29,990AUD) brand new.

If someone wouldn't mind correcting me, I think there was a discussion about price changes from GT6 to GTS.
Historically the prices in Gran Turismo games are the same prices as in the Japanese version divided by 100. So in earlier GT games in the Japanese version you would start with 1,000,000Cr but in other regions you started with 10,000Cr (I don't know that the Japanese prices in GT Sport are different to the rest of the world). Thats as close to scaling to regional economies as you got. For every car that happens to be similar to the real world price in your country it could be miles off somewhere else and tor each of those cars there is a car that is nothing like the real world price.

In a sense, the more common cars are cheaper and the rarer and higher performance cars are more expensive, that follows real world trends, but there's no systematic compliance between the prices in GT Sport and the real world US prices of a car. Look at the Alfa Romeo 4c in GT Sport, it cost nealry 20k more in GT Credits than it did in USD to buy new.

The problem is they removed certain things from previous games (who says everything past is bad or only nostalgia?). In the past, one time gift isn't only from all Gold in license test, and for GT4, even completing them in all Bronze and Silver will also get you a prize car. Every single events also had prize cars as well. And your first suggestion there also existed in past games, you can sell prize cars obviously, from anywhere you get (not only from Daily Workout Gift).

Historically the prices in Gran Turismo games are the same prices as in the Japanese version divided by 100. So in earlier GT games in the Japanese version you would start with 1,000,000Cr but in other regions you started with 10,000Cr (I don't know that the Japanese prices in GT Sport are different to the rest of the world). Thats as close to scaling to regional economies as you got. For every car that happens to be similar to the real world price in your country it could be miles off somewhere else and tor each of those cars there is a car that is nothing like the real world price.

In a sense, the more common cars are cheaper and the rarer and higher performance cars are more expensive, that follows real world trends, but there's no systematic compliance between the prices in GT Sport and the real world US prices of a car. Look at the Alfa Romeo 4c in GT Sport, it cost nealry 20k more in GT Credits than it did in USD to buy new.
The Japanese version uses Yen, while the international version uses likely USD.

But if the cars are too easy to obtain, they'll lose their status as unicorns. I don't want GT7 to go down the same route as Forza when it comes to money and rewards.

The irony is that even with Forza (specifically, Horizon 3 and onward) throwing money and car rewards at you like crazy, the top echelon of cars in terms of sheer credit price still ultimately get more use then any of the 20mil cars that GT Sport has, either in single player, or multiplayer, and you feel compelled to use them, if you so desire.

By this token, what's the most expensive car that they've put into Sport Mode Daily races in GT Sport? Granted, I barely played the game for as long as most in this forum have, but I seem to remember most of the time, the cars in one make daily race rarely went above 200,000 credits, and I'm fairly certain the highest priced vehicle that I saw being used was one of either the F40 or F50.

You simply have a career mode garage that is not directly related to the Sport Mode/Arcade Mode/LAN Mode/Online Multiplayer garages. Make everything available, in stock colours/liveries, for everything except career mode.

This gives photographers every car to create great photos. It gives livery makers every car to create great liveries. If gives racers every car to race online, or with friends, or in custom races, or single arcade mode races. It also means that when the game box says "1,000 cars", or whatever, there's actually 1,000 cars and not nine with the rest shuttered behind a playwall.

This is actually a fantastic idea.

This thread is about GT7, not GT Sport.

Considering we know nothing about GT7, how in the hell are we supposed to have a discussion if we aren't talking about GT Sport's terrible economy, especially since knowing PD, they operate under an assumption of 'if it's not broke (or rather, if the complaints haven't reached a crescendo) then don't fix it' and there's a chance that the same terrible economy persists?

I think these cars will remain extremely expensive as long as there are micro-transactions in GT. Because if you buy every GT Sport car that’s available on the PS Store in real currency, then it doesn’t take very long to save up a 20 million in-game credits, repeatedly.

I haven’t done this myself, but my total winnings stat in GT Sport reveals this would be the case.

The Japanese version uses Yen, while the international version uses likely USD.
Niether use any real world currency, the Cr in the Japanese version is what the rest of the words versions are based on. The values are simply the Japeneses Cr system divided by 100.

The amounts of Cr in the Japanese version is no doubt due to familiarity with Yen being so devalued that cars cost in the millions, but the game doesn't use Yen and the cars are not priced as they cost in Japan.

All PD have done is set a reference, which is starting with 1m Cr in Japan and 10k everywhere else, and then the rest of the prices go from there. There is no real world conversion going on, the prices do not match real world Japanese prices or US prices except in isolated cases.

By the second page of posts, I have found the handling of this topic to be unbearable.

After a few contentious posts, these issues between users (including an administrator) might have been addressed privately. This discussion diverted unacceptably off-topic toward the ugly end of the spectrum of respect.

Considering we know nothing about GT7, how in the hell are we supposed to have a discussion if we aren't talking about GT Sport's terrible economy, especially since knowing PD, they operate under an assumption of 'if it's not broke (or rather, if the complaints haven't reached a crescendo) then don't fix it' and there's a chance that the same terrible economy persists?

Your arguments are fair, but GT7 isn't a spinoff like Sport is.

edit: It makes more sense to take GT5 and GT6 as an example for the economy, and what should be improved from there. Mostly because it's exactly the same, minus the fact GT Sport has no content.

issues between users (including an administrator)
Lol, no.

The user in question is entirely entitled to pass his opinion on the game's economy - there is no reason or cause for those posts to be subject to moderation. Other users are also entirely entitled to point out that these opinions come from someone who thinks the economy is poor enough to cheat to get round it, to frame those opinions in a proper context. Again, there is no reason or cause for those posts to be subject to moderation.

That's not "issues between users", but discussion of opinions - and we're not going to censor opinions.

Well, it was until he started calling me names, but then people don't like being caught out in hypocrisy.

By this token, what's the most expensive car that they've put into Sport Mode Daily races in GT Sport? Granted, I barely played the game for as long as most in this forum have, but I seem to remember most of the time, the cars in one make daily race rarely went above 200,000 credits, and I'm fairly certain the highest priced vehicle that I saw being used was one of either the F40 or F50.
There was a one-make for the 250 GTO.

Lol, no.

The user in question is entirely entitled to pass his opinion on the game's economy - there is no reason or cause for those posts to be subject to moderation. Other users are also entirely entitled to point out that these opinions come from someone who thinks the economy is poor enough to cheat to get round it, to frame those opinions in a proper context. Again, there is no reason or cause for those posts to be subject to moderation.

That's not "issues between users", but discussion of opinions - and we're not going to censor opinions.

Well, it was until he started calling me names, but then people don't like being caught out in hypocrisy.
Listen the bloody game Economy has nothing, 0 nothing to do on how I use to Earn credits like wall riding or leaving my Playstation on overnight.
The Glitches that I have done to gain extra credits and many many other members on here have done the same as me, and you know where the Glitch came from so members can do this if they choose or not to do the Glitch, it came from :gtplanet: forum.

It is really not worth to do the Glitch anyway like wall riding and keeping your PS4 on overnight, because in 2 hours of earning over 4 mill of credits playing GT Sport which I do using my wheel, that is equivalent to what you earn overnight. So you will earn more credits by winning races using a wheel or DS4 that having your PS4 on overnight.

Members on here posted way before I did about on how to earn extra credits without being at your Playstation, and that where I pick it up on how to do the Glitch, but it has Nothing to do with the game Economy.

Famine, you're a disgrace on how you Dig Up Dirt about my past, just because I say something about the game Economy which have nothing to do on what I do to earn extra credits ok.

Listen the bloody game Economy has nothing, 0 nothing to do on how I use to Earn credits like wall riding or leaving my Playstation on overnight.
The Glitches that I have done to gain extra credits and many many other members on here have done the same as me, and you know where the Glitch came from so members can do this if they choose or not to do the Glitch, it came from :gtplanet: forum.

It is really not worth to do the Glitch anyway like wall riding and keeping your PS4 on overnight, because in 2 hours of earning over 4 mill of credits playing GT Sport which I do using my wheel, that is equivalent to what you earn overnight. So you will earn more credits by winning races using a wheel or DS4 that having your PS4 on overnight.

Members on here posted way before I did about on how to earn extra credits without being at your Playstation, and that where I pick it up on how to do the Glitch, but it has Nothing to do with the game Economy.

Famine, you're a disgrace on how you Dig Up Dirt about my past, just because I say something about the game Economy which have nothing to do on what I do to earn extra credits ok.
In with the name-calling again, I see.

You cheated to get credits quickly, ergo you believed that existing, valid ways to get credits were too slow. If you didn't, you wouldn't have done it...

You use zero-effort ways to earn credits (including cheating, but also non-cheating methods like the rubberband trick), while telling other people who do not that they lack the dedication to play the game properly to earn credits.

You've clearly, openly stated all of these things on the forum, so it's hardly digging things up - and not exactly delving deep into your past, given that GT Sport isn't even three years old yet. I have older underwear, but I don't dig into my past when I open the pants drawer...

You can thrash around insulting me all you like (actually you can't; the AUP applies to everyone and I'm merely tolerating the fact you're breaking it every time you insult me... for now), it won't change the fact that a user who cheats and uses no-effort methods of getting credits has no place telling other people they don't have the dedication (one is a GT Academy and World Tour finalist who records hundreds of hours of video a year, including driving guides for free), what the proper way to play is, or that the game's economy - which they cheated to speed up - is fine. It is, of course, your prerogative to play the game how you like, but when you sit and judge other people for how they play it you risk looking like a colossal hypocrite if you cheated.

But you keep on doing it.

I quite like the idea as someone else posted.

You get more money for events as you progress.

Say when you start you get x amount of credits for clubman cup. But when you level 20-30-40-50, you get x times y (y being the level you at).

seems fair.

p78
I quite like the idea as someone else posted.

You get more money for events as you progress.

Say when you start you get x amount of credits for clubman cup. But when you level 20-30-40-50, you get x times y (y being the level you at).

seems fair.

^This. And they should add different difficulty levels for each event with bigger payouts.

I hate in GT Sport that most events use brain dead AI and in custom race on Pro difficulty it is much more challenging.

So we can add economies to things you know nothing about then.

What you're saying is if i go and rob a bank because I want money faster than what my job pays it's nothing to do with the economy. I just really want more money, totally unrelated.

Oh, and it's also not stealing because the world let me do it.

I don't mind the 20M Cr. for "unicorns" - what I do mind is the bank credit limit being 20M Cr. I think the credit limit should be at least 2x the most expensive car. I hate going from 20M Cr. in the bank to 0 Cr. Would be much better to think about buying the unicorns when you have some cushion for unexpected purchases.

The game economy is broken. The game economy is broken. (echo ... echo ... echo)

Ummm ... No.

There is literally just a handful of cars that can be viewed as too expensive.
And sure, I've no issue with that point of view.
Also, Cr.20mill. cars with a Cr.20mill. credit cap is a stupid idea.

But, for around 98% of the 340ish car roster in GT Sport, the 'game economy' is more than reasonable.
And considering the Cr. range from cheapest to dearest, and the distributed percentage of cars in the car list through that range, good luck finding a better balance.

Regarding the OP and GT7 ... Yeh, I kinda agree.
I get the 'unicorn' concept, and can agree with that point of view to some degree.
But I hope GT7 can, in some way, be a little more accommodating regarding purchasing the most expensive cars.

First a little context, "You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters."

@Famine loves to dig up dirt about me, because he can not win an argument, ...

You cheated. You are a cheat...

The preceding quotes (and those from other users) were more than opinions.

"You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, …"

Your posts usually amount to …

Again, this was off-topic, context notwithstanding. It was an editorial comment (not merely an opinion about the OP topic) about another user's behavior.

By page 2, this discussion had progressed beyond an interaction of opinions "on the game's economy" to become an interpersonal dynamic I classify as an issue; "PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7" had ceased to be a concern and both the extent and the nature of this bickering had made "context" irrelevant. Whether you saw it as an opinion matters little to me. This portion of the discussion (which seemed to stem from past interactions the nature of which I neither deserve nor care to know) needed to happen privately.

I interpret this as your admission that, in fact, the discussion of "opinions" *was* an issue.

Conclusively, these types of posts (now likely including my current post) should be subject to moderation. Personal, off-topic issues between users should be handled privately. This forum is GTPlanet, not the Court of Soiled Apparel for the airing of dirty laundry.

He exploited a glitch in the game not intended by the developers. He cheated, that isn't an opinion. So when he comes into this topic with his holier than thou "the game is fine, it's your fault for not being dedicated enough" attitudes then of course people are going to counter those posts with his past behaviour and call out his hypocrisy.

You'd have a point if it was a topic unrelated to his past or current comments, but it very much is.

First a little context, "You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters."
I don't know why you're quoting unrelated sections of the AUP at me.
The preceding quotes (and those from other users) were more than opinions.

"You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, …"
I don't know why you're quoting unrelated sections of the AUP at me.

The dude cheated (and openly admitted to it). The word for someone who cheats is "cheat".

Again, this was off-topic, context notwithstanding. It was an editorial comment (not merely an opinion about the OP topic) about another user's behavior.
I have absolutely no idea what you're even talking about at this point. The user is highly prone to making circular arguments in his posts, wherein he states that something is "because" it is that thing. He makes many posts on the topic of the game's economy, which usually take the form of the cars being expensive because they are expensive, or you're supposed to grind to get credits because you're supposed to grind to get credits.
By page 2, this discussion had progressed beyond an interaction of opinions "on the game's economy" to become an interpersonal dynamic I classify as an issue; "PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7" had ceased to be a concern and both the extent and the nature of this bickering had made "context" irrelevant. Whether you saw it as an opinion matters little to me. This portion of the discussion (which seemed to stem from past interactions the nature of which I neither deserve nor care to know) needed to happen privately.
Again, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

This user repeatedly passes the opinion that there is nothing wrong with GT Sport's economy - either how much the vehicles cost, or the rate of earning credits - and that those who think otherwise lack dedication or shouldn't be playing GT Sport. This user has also admitted to using every shortcut in the book to earn credits, including literally cheating the game.

That is relevant to this thread, and the opinions he passes - in this thread, and myriad others - on Gran Turismo game economies.

I interpret this as your admission that, in fact, the discussion of "opinions" *was* an issue.
You can take anything however you wish - that's your prerogative - but you'd be hopelessly wrong. Discussing opinions is no issue; insulting other people because you've been caught out in hypocrisy is. That's why one's in the AUP and the other isn't - as you'll have noted from heading there to quote it.
Conclusively, these types of posts (now likely including my current post) should be subject to moderation. Personal, off-topic issues between users should be handled privately. This forum is GTPlanet, not the Court of Soiled Apparel for the airing of dirty laundry.
In a thread about GT Sport's economy and how it relates to GT7, the fact that a user who cheats to bypass the economy while telling others they shouldn't play the game if they don't have the dedication to grind for credits is on topic.

Ironically, your comments about site moderation are off-topic. No site moderation has actually taken place, because there has been no need - unless you think that I shouldn't be allowed to express my opinions on this site other than through moderation because I'm an administrator (which you brought up, for some reason).

If you have any further thoughts on the subject of site moderation, then please adhere to your own (wholly correct) opinion on the topic and communicate them privately.

Last edited:
lmao imagine trying to back seat mod against the goddamn admin of the site, really couldn't be me

Personal, off-topic issues between users should be handled privately.

How is it off topic when the user in question always barges into threads that have anything to do with GT Sport's economy, how credits are gained, and how cars are won, and tries to say that people are wusses for not grinding Blue Moon Bay for credits, and that everything is fine, when their history with exploits is well known and documented via their post history, and when pushed on it, tries to gain sympathy by bringing up their disabilities?

As mentioned up thread, fordlaser has a holier then though attitude to the very real problems present within GT Sport, specifically, and its economy, The fact that they barge into this thread to say that GT7's will be just peachy with absolutely no backing to that opinion, before invariably trying to position their (frankly, bald-faced lie) belief that the economy of GT Sport is fair and balanced and their history with exploits/cheating is brought up?

Back