PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

• Thread starter uwrecker
  • 380 comments

Are extremly expensive cars a mistake?

• Total voters
This is Polyphony Digital: Yaris championship => win a Yaris.
A personal highlight for me is in GT4, the only way to win the Clio V6 Race Car is to enter a tuned road Clio V6 into the Clio Trophy Cup (all AI using Clio V6 Race Cars) and then you win a Clio V6 Race Car from that.

I personally find it insane how expensive the cars are (Also the levelling system). I would say I'm quite a dedicated player and I still don't have all the 20 million pound cars and I'm not even half way to 50 (I think, I'm level 45 at the moment)...

One thing I've been so confused over is that they want more players to race FIA, why haven't they just doubled, trebled, quadrupled the payout in FIA races? They'd get more players just by doing that! Online really doesn't pay enough for a game focused mainly on it.

Edit: Even being able to sell duplicate cars would help.

The problem is not so much the price of the cars, but the ability to earn credits in order to own them. I'm bored to death doing the same race to earn 330k credits when in Forza I can auction my cars for profit or buy cars at bargain prices.

PS: No, the method of trying to win one a day doesn't convince me very much, since I've never received one.

I would say I'm quite a dedicated player and I still don't have all the 20 million pound cars and I'm not even half way to 50 (I think, I'm level 45 at the moment)...
According to a guy who cheats his way to credits and XP, you're just not dedicated enough. If you'd simply put the hours in cheating instead of *checks notes* recording hundreds of hours of GT Sport videos for free and being good enough to go to multiple World Tour events, you'd have all the cars and level 50 by now.

I mean, why buy the game if you're not going to put the time in cheating?

But if the cars are too easy to obtain, they'll lose their status as unicorns. I don't want GT7 to go down the same route as Forza when it comes to money and rewards.

At least FM7 gave the player a choice. During the career, you could pick either money, a car or racing gear.
I don't mind earning a car, but life is too short to keep repeating the same race for credits.

According to a guy who cheats his way to credits and XP, you're just not dedicated enough. If you'd simply put the hours in cheating instead of *checks notes* recording hundreds of hours of GT Sport videos for free and being good enough to go to multiple World Tour events, you'd have all the cars and level 50 by now.

I mean, why buy the game if you're not going to put the time in cheating?
Listen sunshine I can play GT Sport all day and I can and rake up plenty of credits wining races with my wheel and my $1200 racing rig, and I have done this for years because of my disability. So you are a low life person and you are not fit to be an Administrator, because you pick on someone who has a disability and I going to send a PM to Jordan with a help of my family about you.

Listen sunshine I can play GT Sport all day and I can and rake up plenty of credits wining races with my wheel and my $1200 racing rig
Cool. You're also a self-admitted cheat.
and I have done this for years because of my disability.
Exactly what does having a disability have to do with anything?
So you are a low life person and you are not fit to be an Administrator, because you pick on someone who has a disability
Having a disability is not a get out of jail free card. My wife has a disability, and she doesn't cheat at video games.

You cheat at video games, then tell other people who don't that they're not dedicated enough. You cheat at video games, then tell other people what the right way to play video games is. Neither of these things has anything to do with any disability you might have, unless it's a disability that causes massive hypocrisy.

Notice how you're being insulting towards me as a person, and I'm merely criticising your own admitted behaviours...

I going to send a PM to Jordan with a help of my family about you.
Good luck with that 👍

Listen sunshine I can play GT Sport all day and I can and rake up plenty of credits wining races with my wheel and my $1200 racing rig,
So you're admitting the system is broken as you can only earn enough Cr to buy those super expensive cars if you are able to cheat at GT Sport all day long.

Or are you instead suggesting that anyone with school, college, a job, social life etc. to attend to is just not commited to GT Sport enough? If you can't obtain these cars in a reasonable amount of time without resorting to cheating the in game economy is broken.

And don't repeat that crap that it's not cheating because it was possible to do it in the game, it's possible for athletes to take performance enhancing drugs as well and not get tested, but that's still cheating.

You still haven't responded to my earlier point that I can earn the most expensive cars in GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 within a reasonable amount of time, so time spent gaming isn't what has changed since those earlier games, the in game economy has.

I also fail to see how your continued mentioning of your disability is relevant to this discussion what-so-ever. It certainly does not make your argument any stronger or weaker.

One thing I've been so confused over is that they want more players to race FIA, why haven't they just doubled, trebled, quadrupled the payout in FIA races? They'd get more players just by doing that! Online really doesn't pay enough for a game focused mainly on it.

I'm not sure it would make that much difference. I don't like online gaming, it's not that it's not worth my time, I just don't get enough out of it for the endless crap that goes with it. Even ignoring that, 100 people can play 100 offline races and all win the top prize. If a 100 people play an online race, only 5 or 6 can, so the credit payout would need to be even higher to account for that. I agree payouts for online should be higher, just to make it fairer for those that focus on online, but I'm not sure it would be a solution to getting people into the online game.

I highly disagree. Some of these cars are literally priceless IRL, and I think the in-game credit cost should reflect that. In fact, I can't remember the chassis code, but I somehow found the real-world Ford GT40 road car that can be seen in GTS, and sure enough, the price was almost identical to the credit cost within GTS.

However, I think we could agree that there shouldn't be many (if any) events in the campaign (or within online racing) that require a car so expensive insofar that most players would be unable to enter. For an example of what I really don't want to see, there was this FIAGTC event in GT Sport that had everybody use their own Aston Martin DB3S, which is probably one of (if not the most) expensive car you can buy from Aston Martin.

But, on the other hand, I'd love for there to be new "Gr.1V" and "Gr.3V" classes, respectively for vintage prototypes like the Ferrari 330 P4 and vintage grand tourers like the Shelby Daytona Coupe. That could still be fun for a campaign/online event, though I would ideally only require players to buy a single car from each group, versus buying every car from every group.

EDIT: Although in the case of a Gr.1 event, I'd also potentially have a campaign/online event that specifically limits cars to the Group C cars, or LMPs from the 2016 WEC season, or some other interesting regulation. That said, I think Gr.1 is fine as it is - though I'd also like to see more events that allow limited tuning, perhaps such as only being permitted to tune downforce rather than either not permitting tuning at all, or allowing all settings to be changed, as the latter can be real overwhelming!

Last edited:
@MIE1992 Question, what is the improvement you evisage the gameplay to have by making keeping these cars so expensive?

To have a tier of car where the prices becomes so vastly more expensive than anything else as such a steep rate means you must reach a point in the game where either, you have to tediousely grind to purchase them or the amount of Cr you begin to earn means everything else becomes immediately no effort to purchase.

How does that aadd to the enjoyment of a game where the economy is based primarily in offline transactions (entirely in GT Sport) and therefore the next car I purchase off the game impacts no one else.

Having a grind for the sake of making something take longer to achieve is really poor game design. If you naturally reach a point witohut it feeling like you are grinding to get there that is really good game design. The problem with such a steep Cr increase from the typical 1-4,000,000 Cr cars to the 10-20,000,000Cr cars is the Cr you earn from races does not scale with the costs of those cars. And if it did, then once you reach that point itn he game everything below that pricing tier becomes almost effortless to buy.

So scaling the effort to cost is fine art, you have to remember Gran Turismo is not an MMO, it's not a game where it matter if everyone has the fastst car or only the top 1% of players have it. The games balance will not be affected either way beucase there are always different races the require different cars and that fastest car probably won't be able to enter most of them.

Therefore making them faux exclusive is pointless, it doesn't really matter who or how many players get them, it just becomes a case of who has the time and patience to grind, grind, grind.

Last edited:
Listen sunshine I can play GT Sport all day and I can and rake up plenty of credits wining races with my wheel and my $1200 racing rig, and I have done this for years because of my disability.

Not sure what a $1200 rig has to do with being dedicated considering I've done that on a far lesser budget for years.

So you are a low life person and you are not fit to be an Administrator, because you pick on someone who has a disability

As someone living with two disabilities, would I also be "picking on you" or considered a "Low life" because I too am calling you out on being a hypocritical cheater trying to play gatekeeper on how people want to play the game WITHOUT the cheating?

@MIE1992 Question, what is the improvement you evisage the gameplay to have by making keeping these cars so expensive?

To have a tier of car where the prices becomes so vastly more expensive than anything else as such a steep rate means you must reach a point in the game where either, you have to tediousely grind to purchase them or the amount of Cr you begin to earn means everything else becomes immediately no effort to purchase.

How does that aadd to the enjoyment of a game where the economy is based primarily in offline transactions (entirely in GT Sport) and therefore the next car I purchase off the game impacts no one else.

Having a grind for the samke of making something take longer to achieve is really poor game design. If you naturally reach a point witohut it feeling like you are grinding to get there that is really good game design. The problem with such a steep Cr increase from the typical 1-4,000,000 Cr cars to the 10-20,000,000Cr cars is the Cr you earn from races does not scale with the costs of those cars. And if it did, then one you reach that point itn he game everything below that pricing tier becomes almost effortless to buy.

So scaling the effort to cost is fine art, you have to remember Gran Turismo is not an MMO, it's not a game where it matter if everyone has the fastst car or only the top 1% of players have it. The games balance will not be affected either way beucase there are always different races the require different cars and that fastest car probably won't be able to enter most of them.

Therefore making them faux exclusive is pointless, it doesn't really matter who or how many players get them, it just beucase a case of who has the time and patience to grind, grind, grind.
Or cheat :D

Of course it's possible - and always has been - for Gran Turismo to both have rare and incredibly expensive, status symbol cars for dedicated players (and cheats) and allow everyone to drive them without sinking 30 hours into each one. GT4 almost did it, and GTS occasionally does it.

You simply have a career mode garage that is not directly related to the Sport Mode/Arcade Mode/LAN Mode/Online Multiplayer garages. Make everything available, in stock colours/liveries, for everything except career mode.

This gives photographers every car to create great photos. It gives livery makers every car to create great liveries. If gives racers every car to race online, or with friends, or in custom races, or single arcade mode races. It also means that when the game box says "1,000 cars", or whatever, there's actually 1,000 cars and not nine with the rest shuttered behind a playwall.

Then, for career mode, go full Gran Turismo. Make players start in a Jazz or whatever, and win or earn the money to buy the cars through gameplay. Even better, if they earn the car through gameplay, they can then unlock the ability to use their personal car - with its livery - in the online modes rather than the loaner car. That preserves the "bragging rights" that people who like to gatekeep want; people who don't own it have to race it stock, people who do can race it with anime girls or whatever on it (or keep it stock to fly under the radar). That's your status symbol right there.

I highly disagree. Some of these cars are literally priceless IRL, and I think the in-game credit cost should reflect that.
Why though? I've never seen anyone give a solid reason why that goes beyond "they're expensive in real life, so...".

This is a game. For fun. There are no rare cars in a game, they all exist equally in the data. It's not real life where there are millions of Ford Focus and only a handful of GT40. There are unlimited numbers of all cars.

So why mimic reality in the game in this specific way when we ignore it in so many others for the sake of keeping a game fun? We don't pay taxes, insurance, maintenance costs. We don't have engines fail and need replacing. We don't write cars off when we crash at 200mph in a concrete wall. We don't die. So why does "muh realism" apply here?

Sure, make the more special cars slightly more expensive but it needs to be relative to the economy payouts so that any car can be earned in a reasonable amount of natural gameplay.

If you really want to make them "rare" without the grind, what was wrong with the old method of making them prizes only, for the top events? You still have to work towards them but it's in the natural gameplay flow, not by grinding out the same races for 12 hours just for that sole purpose of that car. That is an entire game in other genres, a whole Uncharted, and people think it's reasonable to take that long to earn one car on a racing game?

I don't mind having these expensive cars and in fact i love cars from the 60's which seem to fall into this category. Many players mentioned earlier that some of the cars are indeed worth less in the game than what they are in the real world.

To me the problem is the grinding in GT Sport. I am not saying they should be easily accessible but I hope PD can keep things more interesting in GT7 to build up credit balance.

Final note: Since we know GT7 is in the works, I am less willing to save credits in GT Sport as we don't know whether or not we will be able to transfer credits to GT7. I'll assume it will not be for now..

Again, there is this weird belief that unnecessarily amounts of grinding is somehow the way to "Make a game challenging" when it isn't. One thing I even repeatedly see ignored is Balance, something that kinda matters in an economy (Both real and virtual)

alp
Final note: Since we know GT7 is in the works, I am less willing to save credits in GT Sport as we don't know whether or not we will be able to transfer credits to GT7. I'll assume it will not be for now..

Even if there is that option. I will probably won't do this. I think this will break gameplay in finally GT mode we will get. I want to get from the slowest cars to fastest ones not get everything i own from GT Sport for free.

Again, there is this weird belief that unnecessarily amounts of grinding is somehow the way to "Make a game challenging" when it isn't. One thing I even repeatedly see ignored is Balance, something that kinda matters in an economy (Both real and virtual)
For me, all grinding is unnecessary. If you have to perform the same task over and over again to get somewhere, there's something wrong. Experiencing everything once should be enough to... experience everything once (which would require a large number of different events, with progressively higher prizes for more complex or involved tasks), and it's something GT has got right in the past.

Doing the same task over and over again because it's enjoyable should be the aim. Back in GT3 days I'd race the PD Cup over and over again... because it was brilliant. I didn't care about how many credits or what prize cars I got, it was just a great series.

One of my favourite games is Skyrim. It certainly features elements of grinding (Thieves' Guild status missions, levelling up perks) but they don't take 12 hours to accomplish; even the most tedious ones are two hours (like the last 10 levels of lockpick). For the most part you're doing an absolute crapload of different tasks. A lot are relatively similar - go find a guy, go kill a guy, gather "x" of "y" item - but, like a good race, they're different each time. I've got thousands of hours across multiple saves on PS3 and PS4 in Skyrim, again because it's fun.

If you have to perform the same task over and over again to get somewhere, there's something wrong

Eh, this is relative to why you play the game though. Take the LH challenge... I've attempted the Monza race for more times than any single race in GT League (and I'm not getting anywhere for it either!), if you don't enjoy time trialing, this would be a grind. I had to do 28(ish) unenjoyable online races to get 1 win, if I were going for the achievements, that would be immensely tedious. Playing the part of the game you enjoy (assuming it's a mode that pays credits) will eventually get you where you need to be. This is why I believe when it comes to affording cars, it's only a grind if you choose to grind.

I've made some pretty tedious liveries in the past. I can promise that's not a fun task either, but you do it for the accomplishment at the end, when shouldn't that be analogous for buying what are, in real life also, very rare cars?

alp
any players mentioned earlier that some of the cars are indeed worth less in the game than what they are in the real world.

They're not though, because last I checked we don't buy things with credits in the real world. Yes, there is obviously a vague correlation to $ (and Yen in the Japanese game) but it is very vague, and the in game economy is incredibly basic compared to the real world one. Can I get a loan in the game? Can I win the lottery? Can I start a business and earn money passively to buy the cars? No.

Lewis Hamilton doesn't earn money to buy cars directly by winning races, he's paid a salary and goes racing every other weekend, or every weekend. He doesn't do the British GP 6 times a day for a week to buy a Pagani.

Again, I don't get this requirement for one aspect of the game to be "realistic" when so many directly related areas of the game aren't. Because they're a game.

Playing the part of the game you enjoy (assuming it's a mode that pays credits) will eventually get you where you need to be. This is why I believe when it comes to affording cars, it's only a grind if you choose to grind.

Mr Cheater fordlaser claims that by not cheating you can earn enough credits to buy one 20million credit car in approx 12 hours. I am assuming though he means running the same race over and over which pays the most cr/min. If you just play "the part of the game you enjoy" that 12 hours could presumably because 20 hours, 25 hours, I don't know.

Now yes, if you consider you're playing the game naturally and having fun it may not be considered a grind, but on the flipside, don't you think that is a little unreasonable to earn ONE car? As stated above, I can play entire games of other genres in that time, even some mid-length RPGs run around 20-25 hours. But that gets you one car in GTS, and there are how many 15-20m cars now? What are we talking, 100+ hours to earn just a handful of the 350 cars? I don't think that is reasonable personally, considering that all of your credits is going towards that. You can't buy anything else, or it'll take even longer.

There are far better ways to make cars more exclusive than being behind a time barrier, not a skill or challenge one.

Last edited:
Eh, this is relative to why you play the game though. Take the LH challenge... I've attempted the Monza race for more times than any single race in GT League (and I'm not getting anywhere for it either!), if you don't enjoy time trialing, this would be a grind. I had to do 28(ish) unenjoyable online races to get 1 win, if I were going for the achievements, that would be immensely tedious. Playing the part of the game you enjoy (assuming it's a mode that pays credits) will eventually get you where you need to be. This is why I believe when it comes to affording cars, it's only a grind if you choose to grind.

I've made some pretty tedious liveries in the past. I can promise that's not a fun task either, but you do it for the accomplishment at the end, when shouldn't that be analogous for buying what are, in real life also, very rare cars?
I think you can assume he meant that you had to pass the said task once, if you fail to achieve the target needed to progress then yes you should need to do it again.

But in a racing game once you've won a race the game should not require you to win that same race over and over again in order to progress in the game. You may choose to do so and enjoy doing so, but that is a vastly different proposition to being forced to do so. If you choose to replay an event you are choosing which event you want to replay and when, you aren't being bottlenecked by the game into doing it before you can progress or save enough Cr for the car you need next when you perhaps would rather be trying something new.

This is why I separate what you have to do, from what you want to do.
If you have to perform the same task over and over again to get somewhere, there's something wrong.

Doing the same task over and over again because it's enjoyable should be the aim.
If you have to do it it's grinding. If you choose to it isn't. Of course nobody "has to" do anything, but there's a meaningful difference between them.

Several of the tracks in the game are behind playwalls for some single-player modes - the Nurburgring location being the highest at level 20. Imagine if it was set to level 50; it would become functionally almost indistinguishable from a track that was not in the game at all for the massive majority of players. It would only appear in a handful of "Career Mode" races (also behind a playwall), and Circuit Experience, and of course online (which is behind a paywall, except Time Trial mode). If you picked up GT Sport because you heard it's got a great version of the Nordschleife and you just want to get out there and lap it, you're screwed.

The exact same thing applies to people who've heard about the Jaguar XJ13, or the Ferrari 330 P4, only it's credits instead of levels. And then there's GT5, where both applied :lol:

I think that if the box is telling you that the game has 40 tracks and 300 cars, it's not unreasonable for players to think they can put the game in and drive any one of these cars and at any one of these tracks, not have access to nine cars and three tracks (plus whatever's in Circuit Experience and Online Time Trial) without having to first find out what the most lucrative events are and then sink dozens of hours into doing them repetitively.

I'm totally down with the concept that you need to earn/win the most special and rare vehicles for your own garage, but it is pretty ridiculous that you have absolutely no access to them unless you do:

* So this game has 300 cars in it?
Yes.
* But I can only drive eight of them?
Yes.
* After I've spent a day installing it first?
Yes.
* So how do I get to drive the other 292 of them?
You have to race to earn money to buy them.
* Ah, and this is better in GT "Sport"'s "Sport Mode"?
No, you'll want to race in GT League.
* Which they didn't add to the game until two months after launch?
Precisely.
* And I can get lots of money in GT League?
Yes. Well, once you've unlocked the high-value races.
* Okay, and that takes how long?
About 15hr.
* Well, will I get lots of prize cars like in old GT games?
Oh yes.
* And I can sell them to raise even more money like in old GT games!
No. No you can't do that.
* Ooookay. So how much money do the really expensive, really rare, really nice cars cost?
20,000,000cr
* Wow. And what's the quickest way to earn that?
Oh that's easy, you just do [this race] 55 times. Takes about 10 hours.
* Wait, so if I buy the game to drive a really expensive, cool, old car that I wouldn't ever get the chance to drive in the real world, I need to spend a full 24hr driving to get it, and 10 of that doing the same thing repeatedly?
Yes.
*Can I win it as a prize car like in old GT games?
Hahahahaha, no.
* But I can photograph the car in these 1,100 locations around the world without putting all that time in, right?
No, you have to buy it.
* So just to get this straight, the people who make the game promote it with all these cool, rare, old cars that they give trophies to, and I can't do anything at all with them - no driving, no photographing, no nothing - unless I dedicate literally an entire day's worth of time to doing the same race incessantly, after unlocking it, and for each one of these cars I have to do the same thing?
Yes.
* Why am I supposed to buy this game and console then?
It has the Jaguar D-Type in it!
* Please leave.
GT4 came pretty close to getting it right - all the tracks and a significant number of the cars were available in arcade mode. You had to unlock some of the cars by getting them in GT mode, but there wasn't any particular pattern to which ones were available or not.

In GT Sport, the cars over 10m credits may as well not be in the game for most people who play it. They should be available for everyone to photograph, create liveries, or race online, but also playwalled for career mode; if you want to race the XJ13 in a historic Le Mans series in your career, you should earn both car and race - but have free rein to do an XJ13/historic Le Mans race in Arcade Mode.

I have to agree with everyone on the price being too high. I shouldn't have to waste so much time grinding the same race just to buy a car.

The next GT should either lower the prices or make it easier to earn in-game credits. I don't get why it's like this to begin with. GT2 & 4 made it so easy to get any car you want. In GT4, you could sit and watch an AI do the grinding for you. GT needs to get back to being that easy, because this is ridiculous.

Mr Cheater fordlaser claims that by not cheating you can earn enough credits to buy one 20million credit car in approx 12 hours. I am assuming though he means running the same race over and over which pays the most cr/min. If you just play "the part of the game you enjoy" that 12 hours could presumably because 20 hours, 25 hours, I don't know.

At the point I ceased keeping an eye on it, 1 play through of GTL gave you about 28 million credits (subject to reasonable bonus and realistic CRB's), for about 60 hours work, no race more than once.

don't you think that is a little unreasonable to earn ONE car?

Personally, a little, yes. But there's no real consensus on what is reasonable. When this argument comes up there's always people that think they should get it from the get go, and some that think what we have now is fine. Most people are going to fall somewhere between these two extremes but at the end of the day, PD clearly decided that they wanted the journey to collecting these cars to be the full life length of the game... and I can respect that.

There are far better ways to make cars more exclusive than being behind a time barrier, not a skill or challenge one.

I'm not even sure it should be 'exclusive' so much, you don't want to exclude people from the prizes - that's what the FIA events are for - just, a longer journey, something you can look back on that adds to your fondness of the car, rather than just, select, click.

I think you can assume he meant that you had to pass the said task once, if you fail to achieve the target needed to progress then yes you should need to do it again.

It's kind of irrelevant, the gameplay is the same whether you enter 100 times and win, or enter 100 times and come last, so I don't assume that's what he meant.

If you choose to replay an event you are choosing which event you want to replay and when, you aren't being bottlenecked by the game into doing it before you can progress or save enough Cr for the car you need next when you perhaps would rather be trying something new.

Unless I fluked my way through something, there is no need, or force about it.... in fact, given Famines response below, I must have fluked my way in progressing through the game since I didn't realise some stuff had been level restricted.

Several of the tracks in the game are behind playwalls for some single-player modes - the Nurburgring location being the highest at level 20. Imagine if it was set to level 50; it would become functionally almost indistinguishable from a track that was not in the game at all for the massive majority of players. It would only appear in a handful of "Career Mode" races (also behind a playwall), and Circuit Experience, and of course online (which is behind a paywall, except Time Trial mode). If you picked up GT Sport because you heard it's got a great version of the Nordschleife and you just want to get out there and lap it, you're screwed.

After A-Spec'ing the N24 I hated that I never even got to try it in GT5... to be honest, I'd not even clocked that tracks were playwalled in GTS. I'm assuming level 20 was fairly achievable early on?

I think that if the box is telling you that the game has 40 tracks and 300 cars, it's not unreasonable for players to think they can put the game in and drive any one of these cars and at any one of these tracks, not have access to nine cars and three tracks (plus whatever's in Circuit Experience and Online Time Trial) without having to first find out what the most lucrative events are and then sink dozens of hours into doing them repetitively.

Personally, in that case, I'd rather they worked on making the packaging more clear to people unfamiliar with the franchise, than change the guts of the franchise. I'd have to say, in 20 years of buying GT I've never once felt slighted by having to play in order to access the advertised number of cars, and I don't think I've ever come closer to achieving the full garage than I have done in GTS.

I'm not sure it would make that much difference. I don't like online gaming, it's not that it's not worth my time, I just don't get enough out of it for the endless crap that goes with it. Even ignoring that, 100 people can play 100 offline races and all win the top prize. If a 100 people play an online race, only 5 or 6 can, so the credit payout would need to be even higher to account for that. I agree payouts for online should be higher, just to make it fairer for those that focus on online, but I'm not sure it would be a solution to getting people into the online game.

My message was more in line with PDs current philosophy of trying to get everyone into the FIA events :). But if GT7 has much more offline content then it should be equal, it depends whether they are changing their focus though or not.

Personally, in that case, I'd rather they worked on making the packaging more clear to people unfamiliar with the franchise, than change the guts of the franchise.
It'll never happen, the same way they'll never stop advertising horsepower for cars and not the power curve (or the altitude) - or the 0-60mph time, rather than the 30-70mph time. It's a headline figure used for advertising. It says what there is, not how reasonable it is to achieve that.

My idea doesn't change the guts of the franchise in any way, for reference, and makes everyone happy.

I should design my own game, really :lol:

Would that make your game The Real Famine Simulator? That name sounds kind of crass.

Back