Pocher - Aventador 1:8 build.

• Thread starter AMG.
  • 112 comments
@LMSCorvetteGT2
I need to tone down the blue a lot.

Ref Internet (165).jpg

Talk about taking something really cool, then turning it into something amazing. I'm pretty sure our reaction to every one of those detailed shots's like this: :eek:

It's true. :lol:

I'm pretty sure our reaction to every one of those detailed shots's like this: :eek:

Pretty much. :lol: The sheer amount of detail @AMG. is adding to the kit is truly mind boggling. Enjoying watching this build so far, looking forward to the finished product. 👍

Last edited:
Small update - working on the front end.
You can just about see the red bumpstop sticking out on the left.

Applied the correct coloured Ohlins decals and ah yeah.... stuck them on the rear side of the shocks. No spares available. :(
Added 'wiring' to the shocks, at least that went well. :)

Aventador-0067.jpg

So - the ohlins labels are now visible on the front too. Turned the units around 180degrees and reattached the lines.

Attached the swing arms etc and added brake lines to all four wheels. Tricky drilling as the bits are really thin and break easily.
The alu box on the left is the scratch built oil cooler with hoses attached. 2 on the rear and 2 on the front.
A brake line (scratch build) is also visible in this pic.

Aventador-0070.jpg

Aventador-0071.jpg

Next step was to marry up the front and rear sections to the cabin. Now it's becoming too big to handle and comes in at 4kgs.

Aventador-0072.jpg

For scale (1:18 vs 1:8)
Aventador-0073.jpg

Pushing the X frame in to the orange body was scary. Bending in the X took quite a bit of force and I was scared it would snap.

Aventador-0075.jpg

To give some scale again.
Aventador-0076.jpg

Hi mate , the exhaust looks ok but the foil looks like regular kitchen foil to me, and stands out a mile compared to all the other great work you have done... I think the paper foil inside cigarette packets could give you a more textured effect ... I added a picture of paper from my packet the wrong colour but that's just brand I smoke , but you can see the foil has similar scale texture as that exhaust. I think benson and hedges do a gold ish brown foil.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Amazing work so far, @AMG.. ;)
Thank you for taking the time to post, I know there are lots of views but the occasional post "says more" :D

What do you make your scratch built pieces out of?
Tree'd
Well, read up on a couple of my posts - it tells you what I use. :)
  • Sticky felt cloth for the carpeting or whatever the hell its called in English.
  • Thin insulated copper wire and SMDs for lights
  • 1-2mm Braided metal wire
  • 0.25-2.0mm fible optics (MMI dashboard)
  • 2,3,4 mm hollow rubber tubing
  • ballpoint springs
  • margarine tubs
  • cig pack lining
  • shrink tubing
  • braided nylon tube
  • nylon braided belt (1cm wide) for the exhaust in front of the muffler
  • BMF
  • odds and ends to make e.g. oil separator
  • left over sprues to make fuel filter
  • 220V single core copper wire
  • thin (like the 12 V wiring) wires (see battery)
  • MAGIC wand

Hi mate , the exhaust looks ok but the foil looks like regular kitchen foil to me,
Yeah the heat shield behind the seats is cigpack material and Im still debating whether to 'upgrade' the exhaust or just leave it in or get rid of it alltogether. Thing is once the model is complete all you see it the oil filler cap and the X on top of the breather box.

Thank you for taking the time to post, I know there are lots of views but the occasional post "says more" :D

Tree'd
Well, read up on a couple of my posts - it tells you what I use. :)
  • Sticky felt cloth for the carpeting or whatever the hell its called in English.
  • Thin insulated copper wire and SMDs for lights
  • 1-2mm Braided metal wire
  • 0.25-2.0mm fible optics (MMI dashboard)
  • 2,3,4 mm hollow rubber tubing
  • ballpoint springs
  • margarine tubs
  • cig pack lining
  • shrink tubing
  • braided nylon tube
  • nylon braided belt (1cm wide) for the exhaust in front of the muffler
  • BMF
  • odds and ends to make e.g. oil separator
  • left over sprues to make fuel filter
  • 220V single core copper wire
  • thin (like the 12 V wiring) wires (see battery)
  • MAGIC wand

Yeah the heat shield behind the seats is cigpack material and Im still debating whether to 'upgrade' the exhaust or just leave it in or get rid of it alltogether. Thing is once the model is complete all you see it the oil filler cap and the X on top of the breather box.

That's cool mate I just noticed the texture as I was reading the thread looks ace anyways :)

I've been popping in and out, reading up on your progress and felt I had to say I'm loving the work. Your have much more patience than I have. Keep it up as I can't wait for the next progress report.

Aventador-0001.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with small-scale autos.

:lol:

In all seriousness; this is some truly exceptional work. My hat's way off to you (actually it's hanging up next to the front door).

@TexRex Well we don't allow to use the word sex in the title so this is the next best thing to get your attention. :D

Or were you referring to the scale 1:8.

Your attention to detail is amazing :eek:

Hats off to you sir, kee up the amazing work :bowdown:

Was busy installing side windows, airbrushing parts in semi gloss black, added mesh to various part and painted side reflectors in Euro colours (red and orange) US 1:1 models seem to go with white reflectors (next to the wheels) - no pics though as that's straightforward work and nothing much to see.

Below a pic of a mod I'm attempting with the rear lights.
Aventador-0077.jpg

Red "arrow" lights - painted glossblack borders.
The orange red section comes straight OOB.
Drill 8 holes through the chrome sticker - the black rear light part and the orange bumper.
Add eight 1mm fibre optics - 3 rear/brake lights, 3 indicators, 1 reverse, 1 fog.
Repeat process to other rear light.

Pray that when LEDS are connected and powered all looks 'natural'.

If this were a 1:4 scale model I would be able to add the 3rd brake light but at 1:8 there's no room. :(

Any new updates, @AMG.?

I can understand this isn't a small undertaking and will take time. It's so fascinating to me, this thread and all detail that goes into these models.

Any new updates, @AMG.?
I can understand this isn't a small undertaking and will take time. It's so fascinating to me, this thread and all detail that goes into these models.
Thx for asking. Unfortunately no, I would like to have picked this up again but need to find a long enough timeslot to delve in to it again. Perhaps next week may give me the opportunity. It certainly isn't dead, only sleeping.
Also busy with 1:18 collection - restoring 25 yr old Bburagos and my the wheels of FrontiArt McLaren MP4-12C.

So I broke my favourite coffee mug by accident, managed to get very corrosive paint stripper in my eye and on various kitchen cabinets and finally managed to break 1 of 4 a brand new Novitec Rosso wheels I bought to install an a 1:18 FF12 and it's not even Fri 13th.

So that Pocher is NOT to be touched soon.

So after some experimentation with Fibre optics (see post 80) I wasn't happy with the amount of light produced. So several hours of drilling 3mm holes, soldering 18 LED/SMD lights here are some of the results.

Rear lid screwed on to the body including a moveable spoiler. The rear lid doesn't sit flush on the righthand side - typical Pocher 'quality'. Not sure yet on how to fix that given that the metal is quite thick and the lid hinges are made of paper mache. I might use a small magnet.

Aventador-0078.jpg

Same turned over.
Aventador-0079.jpg

Close up of wiring and the LEDs
Aventador-0080.jpg

On the righthand side you can just make out the licence plate copper wiring - these light up 2 incredibly small SMDs. A !%#!%$#@% to solder.
Aventador-0081.jpg

Reversing lights switched on.
Aventador-0082.jpg

Indicator and Rear lights switched on. Keep in mind these lights have been hooked up temporarily to a 9V battery.
With hindsight I probably should have shifted column 2 & 3 a bit more to the right.
Aventador-0083.jpg

Rear fog lights. The little black square in the middle is a camera (well not a real one)
Aventador-0084.jpg

Next step is to bolt this rear section on to the rest of the car. I know I'm going to have a ******** of problems routing the wires around towards the front where it all comes together AND not be visible.
Fingers crossed. :)

Latest Posts

Back