Police Interceptors in General

• Thread starter Smurfybug
  • 592 comments
Russian police 911. Gotta catch those pesky 80hp Moskvitchs.
0FSS9jHpxD.jpg

If the town was small enough that they didn't stock up on CVPIs in 2011 it's perfectly plausible that they bought a Charger in the meantime. Much more surprising is that they bought a Durango when they had already been buying Expeditions and Tahoes.

If the town was small enough that they didn't stock up on CVPIs in 2011 it's perfectly plausible that they bought a Charger in the meantime. Much more surprising is that they bought a Durango when they had already been buying Expeditions and Tahoes.
The town's population exceeds 100,000, which makes that even more odd.

Smurfybug Woodbridge township uses both Crown Vics and Chargers? I find that a little strange.
We have both of them, We're starting to phase out the CVPI's though. I'm going to see if I can get one from them before they pass them on to Taxi Companies :P

We had the Expeditions for a while, those are gone now. They were for Supervisors. Then we got the Durangos for Supervisors. Now those go to the regular officers. We have Tahoes and Explorers now. Tahoes go to Supervisors, the Explorers are awesome though.

Here's some with one of our Undercover CVPI Units.
spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif
Woodbridge NJ Police 2016 Ford Interceptor Utility by Chris Zupancic, on Flickr
Woodbridge NJ Police 2016 Ford Interceptor Utility by Chris Zupancic, on Flickr
Woodbridge, NJ Police Department Unmarked Crown Victoria by Matthew G, on Flickr
Woodbridge, NJ Police Department Unmarked Crown Victoria by Matthew G, on Flickr

My town must be the odd one out then. I've seen the usual CVPI, Tahoe/Suburban, Explorers, etc. But, I've also seen Chargers (which is strange because we don't have any marked ones), Dodge Caravans, older Tauruses, Toyota Camrys, and a Hyundai Sonata of all things.

My town must be the odd one out then. I've seen the usual CVPI, Tahoe/Suburban, Explorers, etc. But, I've also seen Chargers (which is strange because we don't have any marked ones), Dodge Caravans, older Tauruses, Toyota Camrys, and a Hyundai Sonata of all things.
What town are you in? I've never once seen a Caravan, Camry or Sonata police car anywhere in NJ.

Dan
Knew I was forgetting something. Haven't seen any unmarked Caprices yet, though.
I have. They're silver in my state.

They stick out like a sore thumb to a car enthusiast, but they look kinda pedestrian minus the wheels.

I have. They're silver in my state.

They stick out like a sore thumb to a car enthusiast, but they look kinda pedestrian minus the wheels.

I just remembered that last night, a black 2015 Charger pulled up at work. If you took a quick glance, you'd think it was unmarked, but it had the bullbar up front, black steelies, and ghost markings. All of the usual "police" and "call 911" stickers were almost transparent on the car. Very strange.

Dan
I just remembered that last night, a black 2015 Charger pulled up at work. If you took a quick glance, you'd think it was unmarked, but it had the bullbar up front, black steelies, and ghost markings. All of the usual "police" and "call 911" stickers were almost transparent on the car. Very strange.
Sounds like the ideal car for nighttime patrol. Those that hide on the side of the road.
Well, they're unmarked. You're not supposed to see them. :P
They're rather unusual as unmarked cars- two of them are by foreign companies.

No way I am from Clark lol right up the parkway
Small world we live in :lol:

What kind of unmarked cars do you guys typically see?
I have mostly unmarked Chargers and CVPI's. Our Chargers are legit civilian cars with police equipment. The only way you can tell them apart is if you loom inside. Meanwhile our city next to us (Perth Amboy) makes their undercovers obvious. They don't hide the grill lights! Weirdos. :P But their Explorers have the blacked out look that @Dan was talking about. Slick on their part if I do say so my self.

Police trucks are becoming increasingly popular where I live. My town uses a few Rams as police vehicles. But, what advantages do they have over the SUVs, let alone cars?
Road block usage and on ramp blocking? Maybe for off road pursuits?

Police trucks are becoming increasingly popular where I live. My town uses a few Rams as police vehicles. But, what advantages do they have over the SUVs, let alone cars?

Perhaps they are able to carry more emergency equipment or items that might usually damage the trunk of an SUV.

Here is a Full range of what i see in Sydney:
Paddy wagons(Mostly used to store drunks in the back)
6010228395_978c4ee999.jpg

4754302875_73deabb330.jpg

15122564085_8d1568a195_b.jpg

General Purpose(these cars do not have radars so they don't use them for chases and Speeding tickets)
3562833256_b65b2850e3.jpg

1280px-2015_Ford_Falcon_(FG_X)_sedan,_NSW_Police_Force_(18179928673).jpg

25131061132_7d48d9670d.jpg

7612507486_520d780e4f.jpg

Highway Patrol(for all things Driving related)
5151320-3x2-940x627.jpg

12403878613_060e1f13e2_b.jpg

OhIFaOe.jpg

and Super Special Highway Patrol(these are usually either seized Vehicles or donated by car brands and Rarely used)
image127311_c.jpg

articleLeadwide-the-nsw-police-have-added-a-bmw-i8-to-its-fleetgsk78v.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-NSW-Police-2.jpg

2015_nsw_police_supercars_04-0916-920x544.jpg

2a13166b2639b19bf138dff3db402ae1

10840231.jpg

The Camaro B4C Special Service Package was designed to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, that is to say it had the appearance of a regular RS with optional wheels, but all of the performance goodies underneath. The package included either the 5.0 or 5.7L TPI V8, which in either case received a freer flowing intake and exhaust for more power. In the handling department it came equipped with the legendary 1LE package, which had larger disc brakes, unique springs and sway bars, as well as a few extra coolers for the oil. B4Cs could be ordered in either a police livery or be painted one of the factory hues to look like a pedestrian Camaro, although it seems some were given colors not available to the public. It should be noted that this was the only way you could get A/C with the 1LE suspension, as an A/C delete was normally mandatory for ordering it. While this package continued to be offered on the 4th Gen Camaro, it was only available in 1991 and 1992 for the 3rd Gen models, making them one of the more desirable and rare variants of that generation.

View attachment 608519
The Camaro B4C Special Service Package was designed to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, that is to say it had the appearance of a regular RS with optional wheels, but all of the performance goodies underneath. The package included either the 5.0 or 5.7L TPI V8, which in either case received a freer flowing intake and exhaust for more power. In the handling department it came equipped with the legendary 1LE package, which had larger disc brakes, unique springs and sway bars, as well as a few extra coolers for the oil. B4Cs could be ordered in either a police livery or be painted one of the factory hues to look like a pedestrian Camaro, although it seems some were given colors not available to the public. It should be noted that this was the only way you could get A/C with the 1LE suspension, as an A/C delete was normally mandatory for ordering it. While this package continued to be offered on the 4th Gen Camaro, it was only available in 1991 and 1992 for the 3rd Gen models, making them one of the more desirable and rare variants of that generation.

I LIKE IT!

Back