Police Interceptors in General

• Thread starter Smurfybug
  • 592 comments
The Middle East really like big Panther / B body platform cars, eh?
Considering how Panther cars like Crown Vic & Grand Marquis is still more popular than other Ford's (F Series, Fusion, Focus...etc) and most non-luxurious European manufacturers (I.e. VW, Skoda, Fiat, Renault, Peugeot..etc).

I would say yes.

38380440037_large.jpg

38380440036_large.jpg

10th Gen Ford Thunderbird is one of my guilty pleasures.
Hmm, so the middle east uses a combination of Australian and American cars for police cars, very interesting.
The only reason why we got some Holden cars is because of Chevrolet discontinuing the Caprice in 1996 thus making people move to Ford and then GM started losing some market shares over there so they revive it by importing those two Holden's as Chevy in late 90's/early 00's.

I find it odd how GM didn't simply give us the 8th and 9th gen Impala instead but I won't complain.

Ops...Double post.
I tried to look for more and also find more "interesting" ones:

Old Oman Police Cars

Chevrolet Caprice Wagon
6mOxzLnyWu.jpg

Merc W126
uZ9bM1nybK.jpg

Peugeot 505
_8jh8xnyeq.jpg

Jaaagg
BMO0EZJlylz.jpg

Toyota Land cruiser
BKfSVMvAyp7.jpg

Volvo
BAoW_FonyS2.jpg

Nissan sunny
BJhcoeSAN3U.jpg

Newer:
BMW
BQ-xccQjzfe.jpg

Chevy Caprice
BQ-xcdODArU.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser J200
BQDcnF6lfmf.jpg

Nissan Pathfinder (or is it the Armada?)
BCvKpNmnyfD.jpg

And now, the dubai police :P

A lancia Stratos being pulled over by a Volvo, to be honest I forgot if this is in dubai or Abu Dhabi but ehh, close enough.
9scbjMDsQH.jpg

Chevy Caprice....again
image.jpg

DSC_3924.jpg

Old merc
d86893a5-f3b9-4fd3-a867-b6e0b44594702.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-31-23-02-01.png

BGhYNWbzhLo.jpg

Old bimmer
pkw_bmw_5er_dubai_09.jpg

Chevrolet Lumina
5038106_mouseover.jpg

images.jpg

Chevrolet Impala
Dubai-Police-Welcomes-new-Chevrolet-Impala1.jpg

Ford Taurus & Dodge Charger and Durango
dubai-police-cars-2012.jpg

18kwwyuq24146jpg.jpg

dodge-charger-2012-dubai-police.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
Toyota-Prado-Dubai-Police.jpg

Chevy camaro
18kwwkdtt3w8mjpg.jpg

BMW 5 series
18kwww04emy2gjpg.jpg

Nissan Patrol
BIzn222gU6v.jpg

Toyota FJ Cruiser
BKiiKLdgmLl.jpg

Nissan Armada
BOEcwrLDhrq.jpg

Lexus umm...what was it again? ES or LS or something?
Screenshot_2017-05-31-23-19-19.png

Nissan Pathfinder
BPKtKTJD73v.jpg

BMW i8
Screenshot_2017-05-31-23-30-36.png

BMW I3
Screenshot_2017-05-31-23-20-13.png

Van...
BDaxxSgThI2.jpg

Audi's...
BRTQn1uBhrT.jpg

And nissan...
Screenshot_2017-05-31-23-30-24.png

Ughh I'm too tired, you know the rest of supercars...etc...
BORIZVkDKMv.jpg

BUtaCIPANYu.jpg

This was a way too long post. I'm sorry if I killed your Internet today.

Attachments

• BTEiHK1lH66.jpg
    BTEiHK1lH66.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
  • BFCGT84zhO_.jpg
    BFCGT84zhO_.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
  • BOsOFUsj1Oh.jpg
    BOsOFUsj1Oh.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 9
Double post but today I took a short ride in a Dodge Charger Police Pursuit.

I left the public bus at the closest stop to my destination. Sadly I had no one to help me and pick me up so I asked a nearby police man to help me out. He tried to contact several people at first only to decide to simply take me there by himself.

I had a bit of chat with him. It feels weird to sit at the back of the car tho :P

And yes, I had to roll down the window in order to open the door from outside... because police car.

Double post but today I took a short ride in a Dodge Charger Police Pursuit.

I left the public bus at the closest stop to my destination. Sadly I had no one to help me and pick me up so I asked a nearby police man to help me out. He tried to contact several people at first only to decide to simply take me there by himself.

I had a bit of chat with him. It feels weird to sit at the back of the car tho :P

And yes, I had to roll down the window in order to open the door from outside... because police car.

When you got to your destination did people think you had been arrested? :lol:

I think in Headingley (Which is a bedroom community outside of Winnipeg) there's a car lot that has about 20 or 30 Crown Vics that they've probably pawned off various police departments in the area and whatever stock the Winnipeg PD have left as they replace the cars with the Explorer and the Taurus.

We're almost done retiring all of our Crown Vics, The last ones we have now are just construction cars and traffic advisory units. The Auxiliary Dept. doesnt even use them haha, they use Tahoes and Chargers. We've moved to Ford Explorers and Chargers for most of the fleet now. Detectives use Tahoes, Chargers, and Tauruses.

My small town mainly uses Tahoes, Explorers and Caprices. There are a couple Vic's running around but I rarely see them. Surprisingly no Chargers.

Just a general question for everyone: How old do the police vehicles in your town/city tend to be?

My town has been stocking up on the newer Taurus and Explorer-based PIs the past couple of years, but we still have a bunch of Crown Vics and other vehicles that are around 10-15 years old and still in service.

I've seen bunch of white Mustangs pulling people over on the highway. I've also seen a white unmarked Dodge Ram pull over someone in Indiana.

Highway Patrol in my area is using this Mustang now.

View attachment 673343

Seen them using some strange stuff here too. Like 2008 Taurus unmarked. Um unmarked Chrysler Pacifica, with full on computer and police gear inside. Jeeps Cherokee and I've seen the Challenger that accompanies that Mustang as well. But never the Mustang, saw an article on it in azcentral. They for a long time I've heard have had strange unmarked cars that aren't typical to their marked, to catch people off guard.

In my time in the city, it's been mostly Tauruses and Explorers. I'm fairly certain that's going to be pretty common for pretty much any major city in Canada either just below or above 50,000 people.

FWIW, when I lived back in BC, the local RCMP detachment mostly had P71 Crown Vics, with Explorers and Tauruses filling out the ranks. Granted, it was the largest RCMP detachment in Canada and it wasn't close, also helped that the winters weren't brutally cold and there was rarely snow, so it made sense to at least run the Vics into the ground.

Right, not exactly the first thing that would come to your head when thinking of the word "interceptor", but these armoured Defenders are what they call Tangi Land Rovers
15126487558_3be9eccb63_b.jpg

5997535653_785eedb2bf_b.jpg

C5DxIOuW8AEG_DY.jpg

Do feel that its replacement, the Pangolin, also deserves a mention
23433510302_7667154f76_b.jpg

19936770240_4f0d1a2efe_h.jpg

So while waiting for roadside assistance, I discovered the Texas DPS office in Lampasas has a V8 Challenger. Wasn't expecting that, but good to know.

Right, not exactly the first thing that would come to your head when thinking of the word "interceptor", but these armoured Defenders are what they call Tangi Land Rovers
15126487558_3be9eccb63_b.jpg

5997535653_785eedb2bf_b.jpg

C5DxIOuW8AEG_DY.jpg

Do feel that its replacement, the Pangolin, also deserves a mention
23433510302_7667154f76_b.jpg

19936770240_4f0d1a2efe_h.jpg

So is this the British equivalent of a Lenco Bearcat?

Latest Posts

Back