Poll: Are you sick of polls?

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 60 comments

Are you sick of polls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
👎

Very poor taste in this thread. I'm getting real sick of these "joke" poll threads; none have been funny. 99.9% positive that you made this thread because you wanted to trigger a reaction from me. I already said a few days ago that I'd quit making polls.

Why not post something meaningful instead. If you don't have anything good to post, then don't post. This poll is just plain useless and adds absolutely nothing our community; no humor, info, or thought.

I'm mildly curious as to what the outcome of this poll will be. They're the same option, but will the majority try to throw off the assumption of picking the quickest, or what?

This poll is just plain useless and adds absolutely nothing our community; no humor, info, or thought.
At its surface, it would appear so.

But if you think about it for a second, it does fairly definitively answer if the majority of the site is bothered by the various polls or if they're on board with them.

I say we let it play out and go from there.

TB
At its surface, it would appear so.

But if you think about it for a second, it does fairly definitively answer if the majority of the site is bothered by the various polls or if they're on board with them.

I say we let it play out and go from there.
But it's a well known fact that some members get bothered by my polls (for a reason that I don't understand), while others don't. I already agreed to stop making polls, so what does it matter what people think of the polls I used to make? I see no reason why this thread should stay open, but that's just my view.

👎

Very poor taste in this thread. I'm getting real sick of these "joke" poll threads; none have been funny. 99.9% positive that you made this thread because you wanted to trigger a reaction from me. I already said a few days ago that I'd quit making polls.

Why not post something meaningful instead. If you don't have anything good to post, then don't post. This poll is just plain useless and adds absolutely nothing our community; no humor, info, or thought.

If you're so sick of it why did you pick yes :sly:;)

Also why not report the thread with the claim it is an attack on you and the threads you've made? Also it could be argued your posting isn't anything good as well. I find it funny that you seem to think this thread provides anything different from what those you've made does.

Also your age shows if you're simply triggered by a broad questioning thread. Had it said "are you sick of polls made by Turbo", you'd have a valid argument. Poll threads have been bashed since I've been around GTP and that's six years registered, so all @Liquid has done is make a thread about something many have complained about for year and years.

If you're so sick of it why did you pick yes :sly:;)

Also why not report the thread with the claim it is an attack on you and the threads you've made? Also it could be argued your posting isn't anything good as well. I find it funny that you seem to think this thread provides anything different from what those you've made does.

Also your age shows if you're simply triggered by a broad questioning thread. Had it said "are you sick of polls made by Turbo", you'd have a valid argument. Poll threads have been bashed since I've been around GTP and that's six years registered, so all @Liquid has done is make a thread about something many have complained about for year and years.
I picked yes because although I'm not tired of my own polls, I am tired of the satirical poll thread like this one, "What is your favorite table", and a couple of others. BTW, I did report this thread.

At the surface, it seems like a broad questioning thread. But if I never made these "stupid" food poll threads, this question would never exist. And I'm the one who created the majority of these polls, so there's a pretty high chance Liquid directed this thread at me, and not the guys who made the joke polls.

But it's a well known fact that some members get bothered by my polls (for a reason that I don't understand), while others don't.
And this will give us corroborating numbers to the ratio of yay and nays. If the majority aren't bothered, I'll shut up and the poll threads remain. Conversely, you'll stop (I know you already said you were going to, but still). End of story.

I picked yes because although I'm not tired of my own polls, I am tired of the satirical poll thread like this one, "What is your favorite table", and a couple of others. BTW, I did report this thread.

At the surface, it seems like a broad questioning thread. But if I never made these "stupid" food poll threads, this question would never exist. And I'm the one who created the majority of these polls, so there's a pretty high chance Liquid directed this thread at me, and not the guys who made the joke polls.

So then you agree as well you yourself can also see the pointlessness in threads containing polls. Also had you not made your "stupid" threads, someone else would have. Have you not been to the GTS or prior incarnation sub-forums. Also you have no evidence that Liquid did such you just have a hunch which doesn't get you far.

Also if a mod is speaking for this thread being in place it's probably safe to say your report has been noted. Though I don't know for sure but point is, this thread seems safe from closure.

So then you agree as well you yourself can also see the pointlessness in threads containing polls. Also had you not made your "stupid" threads, someone else would have. Have you not been to the GTS or prior incarnation sub-forums. Also you have no evidence that Liquid did such you just have a hunch which doesn't get you far.
I've check the GTS forums on a frequent basis and never have I seen someone say, "Stop making polls they are dumb". The thing is, my food poll thread were meant to gather information about the preferences of GTP members. This, and the other joke polls did not have that same purpose.

I've check the GTS forums on a frequent basis and never have I seen someone say, "Stop making polls they are dumb". The thing is, my food poll thread were meant to gather information about the preferences of GTP members. This, and the other joke polls did not have that same purpose.

Then check the prior GT6, or GT5 ones cause it's not something new on the forums to see people annoyed by meaningless threads only created for the purpose of a poll, and sparse discussion. As @TB pointed out, this isn't necessarily a joke thread, it has a purpose.

The thing is, my food poll thread were meant to gather information about the preferences of GTP members
Why? What would the goal or end result of you knowing what the modal preference of GTPlanet members is when it comes to desserts? Are you planning a large surprise party where everyone's favourite pizza and sandwiches are served?

The information gathered for this poll is far more likely to have an outcome that affects our members than any of your polls will...

👎

You sound awfully upset my friend.
You could understand that you are being annoying by posting all these polls and not get upset. These responses tbh makes me have a 30% odd on you trolling.

You sound awfully upset my friend.
You could understand that you are being annoying by posting all these polls and not get upset. These responses tbh makes me have a 30% odd on you trolling.
While I have trolled on numerous occasions in the past, I have learned my lesson and I did not do it here. I am, however, upset about all of this, but I am not going out of my way to annoy the community or myself.

I am not tired of the polls. I like them, and I like seeing mature discussion in them. 👍 Was no option for my vote, so I could not vote.

I am not tired of the polls. I like them, and I like seeing mature discussion in them. 👍 Was no option for my vote, so I could not vote.

I'm tired of the polls but I do like the discussion that goes with them. There's something very regimented about having to choose an option but the conversation in most of the poll threads is interesting. Perhaps if they were merged into a 'mother of all polls thread' and people could just ask their question or link to a custom made outside poll so that the Rumbles can get some of its credibility back.

OK, I don't really get the fascination with all the polls in the Rumble Strip either, but I don't let it wind me up by just not viewing them or joining in. Members can start a pointless poll thread if they want to, just like anyone else can in an open forum. No one is being forced to view everything that is posted and I'm quite sure that if it is genuinely pointless or deliberately annoying then the mods will lock it.

Wow, that was all grown up and stuff.

*Tries to delete poll about foxes and badgers...*

I'm getting real sick of these "joke" poll threads; none have been funny. 99.9% positive that you made this thread because you wanted to trigger a reaction from me. I already said a few days ago that I'd quit making polls.

I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to.

I like seeing mature discussion in them. 👍 Was no option for my vote, so I could not vote.

Talking about pizza is fun and interesting for a while but the polls are inconsistent; let's stick with pizza, 15-20 options but of wildly different criteria; some poll choices are about bases, some poll choices are about topping, some poll choices are about toppings AND bases, some poll choices are about preparation/presentation styles. That's not going to determine which pizza is the most popular.

Latest Posts

Back