Poll: Are you sick of polls?

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 60 comments

Are you sick of polls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Talking about pizza is fun and interesting for a while but the polls are inconsistent; let's stick with pizza, 15-20 options but of wildly different criteria; some poll choices are about bases, some poll choices are about topping, some poll choices are about toppings AND bases, some poll choices are about preparation/presentation styles. That's not going to determine which pizza is the most popular.

So perhaps a "What's your favourite pizza?" thread without a poll would be more apt. It'd still get similar discussion but without omitting to many variables of pizza make up.

I'm just upset that it's not multiple choice. I chose lower yes, but was very tempted to choose upper yes. It was a close one, but lower yes won me over.

:dopey:

Each day we move one step closer to the inevitable conclusion in this series of threads...

'Poll: Is a Poll a Sandwich?'

This is a Pole sandwich.

20120327-sausage-city-podhalanka-polish-sausage-sandwich-1.jpg

I'm totally frazzled by this poll... I keep changing my vote from the top yes to bottom yes back to the top yes... the pressure is too much to handle right now, I have to join in with the drinking crew in this thread with some Weller 12 year.

I never thought a poll would drive me to drink or was it the drink that drove me a poll?

I think I am going to have to sleep this one off

At 11:36 AM, I'll make my decision. But which 11:36AM?

I don't want to be too early if it's Australia March 28th 11:36 AM. Plus I don't want to be too late if it's Pacific Ocean 11:36AM. So much thinking to do. So little time.... pass that bottle!

Gonna abstain in this one because of the choices.

I don't mind polls at all as long as it's not being used negatively or as an attack to something. Like if you hate something and you decided to make a poll to prove that your hate on this product, etc. is not only limited to you but everyone also hates that thing.

I am a little confused. The poll is clearly about whether we are sick of polls which, in the interest of not creating bias, I am not going to confirm nor confirm that I am or I am sick of them. But the thread... Is it about polls, poles, Poles or eggs?

I am a little confused. The poll is clearly about whether we are sick of polls which, in the interest of not creating bias, I am not going to confirm nor confirm that I am or I am sick of them. But the thread... Is it about polls, poles, Poles or eggs?

Poll: Best Type of Pole"

-pole
-Pole
-poll
-eggs

Yes.
#TopYes

Join me fellow Top Yesser's!

Boo to the bottom yesser's
The Top Yesser's have FAKE YESSES. The Bottom Yesser's will MAKE YESSING GREAT AGAIN!

But I know a guy who makes Great Yesses. He's a top yesser, we have the best yessers.
You know what yessing is, right? This thing called yessing, like lots of things are done with yessing including some bad things.

You know what yessing is, right? This thing called yessing, like lots of things are done with yessing including some bad things.
That was one of the worst Yesses in the history of Yessing, maybe ever

TB
And this will give us corroborating numbers to the ratio of yay and nays. If the majority aren't bothered, I'll shut up and the poll threads remain. Conversely, you'll stop (I know you already said you were going to, but still). End of story.
I don't know how we are going to get a ratio of yay and nay. They are both yay. Unless I'm missing the joke, I agree with Turbo, this thread is useless.

So perhaps a "What's your favourite pizza?" thread without a poll would be more apt. It'd still get similar discussion but without omitting to many variables of pizza make up.
Ah, but that would require users to actually take the time to type out an answer rather than tick a box. It takes more time, which means more energy needed to power your computer for that time. Thus, polls are good for the environment. Threads with an open question cause climate change! Spread the word!

To slightly paraphrase and repurpose a line delivered by Whoopi Goldberg, that addressed the film Showgirls......

"I haven't seen this many polls abused since the second world war".

Back