POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (it's possible again in GT5, see post 330)

• Thread starter VBR
  • 329 comments

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

• Total voters
Guess why shuffle racing was omitted?

Gasp!

They don't want you using free cars!

Know why?

You buys cars, you spend credits.
You spend credits, you run out of credits.
You run out of credits, you buy credits from PSN!
But if that was the case, they would've totally omitted the Rec Garage - which is now called One-Make loaners or whatever.
It's totally limited comparatively I THINK. Not quite sure how the loaners work yet actually.

But I don't think this is a perfect explanation.

Besides, if they really expected the bulk of fans to be paying actual money for in-game credits, on a regular basis, they would've priced them more reasonably to move.
The credit prices are NOT priced to move them. (People know the value of stuff - and the credits are not priced that way.)

So no, I don't think it's an adequate explanation.

Unless you're concerned that Shuffle option will be DLC you have to purchase. I think that's the more reasonable concern as far as pay-to-play is concerned in GT6.

It just doesn't make any sense to omit it point blank, as a means to make more money.

Gasp!

Know why?

You could be onto something there, maybe that's why they dropped the recommended list to just 20 cars and only let you select 1 at a time now.

Anyway until shuffle returns GT6 will just gather dust for me

You could be onto something there, maybe that's why they dropped the recommended list to just 20 cars and only let you select 1 at a time now.

Wow. IS that not a bit extreme?

Yeah, but if the point was to force you to spend money... Then why not just make the Loaner garage into something similar to the old Rec Garage, and make it DLC to purchase?
See that doesn't make sense unless you think somehow you'll have to use credits to use extra stuff.

Just cutting it out point blank isn't going to attract people to play in a different way.
People just won't play. They won't suddenly have more time to tune cars they purchase for bought-credit, for open tuning lobbies. Or whatever. They just won't play at all. They might not even buy the game in the first place.

It would be different if the online controls allowed people to set up restrictions in a more detailed way. But there's not that either.
(For example, limited tuning parts, or restricting to certain car models - out of people's own garagees.)

When my GT6 career is over, it'll be the same here. Back to GT5 and shuffle online (if GT5 online is still up that is.... :S)

When I started playing GT5 online, I didn't know about the shuffle racing mode. All I played was regular rooms, and it was very frustrating to try over and over to find a good one when I could have competitive races. Regular rooms were either populated with young virgins with high pitched voices running on racing soft tires...

First time I tried shuffle, I got hooked. I regularly hosted a room (Shuffle clean serious) where all I did was shuffle racing. It didn't matter what day or time it was, my room always filled up in less than 20min and stayed full for hours and hours. Even when I logged out and signed back in a few hours later, my room will still be up, hosted by someone else and would still be full or there would only be a few slots left available.

While there were many more "regular" rooms, 75% of them had only one or two players while all shuffle rooms were almost always over 75% full...

Shuffle was a very popular mode in GT5, and I really miss it. I hope they bring it back to GT6.

Only reason I can think of PD would not bring it back is because of that new option in GT6 where you can purchase credits with actual $ to buy cars in the game. Shuffle racing didn't require you buying cars in the game. So my theory is that shuffle was not implemented in GT6 because it could keep them from making some extra profit... That would be a shame...

This is a complete travesty. On GT5 after completing this initial Licence tests, 99% of my time was spent on Shuffle Races. Surely Polyphony must have seen these lobby’s were well used.
The ‘Clean Pro’ lobby’s were ace, and my BEST and MOST FUN races were on Shuffle.
I’m sure they will patch this in the future, but if they don’t, they will lose a numerous loyal GT fans including myself.
Sort this ASAP Polyphony!

Yes, please bring back the shuffle race. Shuffle racing was positively the most fun I had online in GT5. I could never be competitive in the tuned car rooms. I didn't have the time, patience, or skill to tune a car to keep up with the hardcore players. So spec races and shuffle races were where I stayed. I like my races to be close and clean. Racing in a "tuning prohibited" room with a set PP would also be nice, but seemed like no one would ever join those rooms. It's no fun to me to have 20-30 second gaps between drivers, even if I was the one out in front.

Gasp!

Know why?

I'm starting to think this is true. And if it is, that is a really disgusting move by PD. If they don't bring back shuffle, GT6 will collect dust and I won't buy any DLC. But what REALLY annoys me is how there is no word at all about whether shuffle is coming back or not. PD's communication with their consumers is non-existent, which is unacceptable in this age of video games.

Is it just my impression, or was the average age of the gamer in the shuffle rooms older than gamers in "regular" rooms?

Thinking back about it, I don't remember ever hearing voices of prepuberty kids on the mic like I always hear in regular rooms.

I think gamers who populated shuffle rooms were there to show off driving skills and compete against other skilled drivers rather than showing off their chrome Ferrari Enzo with super slick tires and green rims and going down the straight of the hunaudières on the Circuit de la Sarthe at over 400 km/h without hitting the brakes and smashing into the wall at full speed...

Is it just my impression, or was the average age of the gamer in the shuffle rooms older than gamers in "regular" rooms?

Thinking back about it, I don't remember ever hearing voices of prepuberty kids on the mic like I always hear in regular rooms.

I think gamers who populated shuffle rooms were there to show off driving skills and compete against other skilled drivers rather than showing off their chrome Ferrari Enzo with super slick tires and green rims and going down the straight of the hunaudières on the Circuit de la Sarthe at over 400 km/h without hitting the brakes and smashing into the wall at full speed...
I think that's one of the things that attracted me to those rooms also. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the younger crowd taking interest in cars and racing, but the Shuffle Rooms did seem to be more "mature" and therefore more likely to produce a clean race.

Once I complete the career mode, probably going to collect dust without shuffle racing. Miss your room, melon. Maybe we need hacker to add all the new courses and cars into Gt5 shuffle race. Dreaming.......

Last edited:

Gasp!

Know why?

Have to disagree. This scheme would only work, if you could actually pick cars from your garage for online races. But as it stands, you could own all the cars in the game and your online experience wouldn't change a bit.
And you know what? I would be delighted, if we could use cars from our garage right now, because with the right group of people you could at least create something vaguely resembling a shuffle room.

Have to disagree. This scheme would only work, if you could actually pick cars from your garage for online races. But as it stands, you could own all the cars in the game and your online experience wouldn't change a bit.
And you know what? I would be delighted, if we could use cars from our garage right now, because with the right group of people you could at least create something vaguely resembling a shuffle room.
I'm not understanding what you mean? :boggled: :confused: :boggled:

Over the last 2 years, in GT5, we had a few organized races & league series (in VCRC club) where we tested a bunch of cars and made a "manual shuffle".
I'll probably look into doing that again once more people have more cars & are able to test them for compatibility & competitiveness, and ranking.
We'll especially be doing this in the VCRC if shuffle doesn't come back soon. :nervous:

Over the last 2 years, in GT5, we had a few organized races & league series (in VCRC club) where we tested a bunch of cars and made a "manual shuffle".
I'll probably look into doing that again once more people have more cars & are able to test them for compatibility & competitiveness, and ranking.
We'll especially be doing this in the VCRC if shuffle doesn't come back soon. :nervous:
Wait a minute, so you can customize a room in GT6 (e.g. 400 PP, no tuning, comfort soft) and people could only enter the race in a car from their garage, that meets those criterias? Didn't know that. I was under the impression GT6 was very limited in that regard. Will have to look further into it then, I guess.

Wait a minute, so you can customize a room in GT6 (e.g. 400 PP, no tuning, comfort soft) and people could only enter the race in a car from their garage, that meets those criterias? Didn't know that. I was under the impression GT6 was very limited in that regard. Will have to look further into it then, I guess.
It's not as customizable or restriction-flexible, as I would like. But yeah, there are almost as many ways to restrict as there were in GT5.

For example, you have to choose to restrict by model OR by prohibiting tuning & limiting PP/hp/etc.
But yeah, you can run a room say with a PP restriction, and tuning prohibited, and tire restrictions.

Did that today (first time running a room in gt6). We were all in the Abarth 500, with tuning prohibited & comfort soft tires. I set the PP at the Abarth's limit, to make sure nobody would jump in the last second with a ridiculously faster car or something stupid.
I would like more options to restrict the parameters of the cars in the room. But it is possible to have people get together and agree on which cars they're using, and the game lets you restrict those things to make sure nobody's cheating on the sly or something.

Now... GT6's version of the Recommended Garage is horribly more limited.
You know, the loaner car in the lobby. That looks like the pits. 👎

It appears to be ONLY for 1-make, and only allowing 1 car - everyone in the same car that they loan. With the rec garage, you could give people a choice of a few cars (if you knew which ones were compatible).
Furthermore, the list itself is so much less variety, and just less options, than GT5's Rec Garage. GT5's rec garage had some race cars, and a variety of road cars both sports cars & low power cars. Even had a few vintage cars to choose from.

Worse, not even sure I saw a NASCAR in the GT6 online loaner cars. :boggled:
I mean not that I'm a huge fan of NASCAR cars, but I know my pals & I got use out of the Rec Garage NASCAR cars, because it was an easy way you can bring them out on the fly for a quick oval race & not worry that some people have theirs tuned & won't fit in tuning prohibited easily... or maybe not have a NASCAR at all that's ready to use. And there was a choice of 2 or 3 different ones, so everyone didn't have to be the same. That wouldn't work in 1-make races restricted to one model only too of course. Which is ridiculous because NASCARs are deliberately spec cars, no matter the model, right? :boggled:

I want to do this..

I want to do this..
I'm interested, as well...Once I get my garage in shape. :(
But it will take time until more people have a somewhat decent line-up, considering the relatively low payout in career mode and the lack of a used car dealership. (Now I have to fork out 170k for a standard '98 SL 500, a car that I can get for 15k IRL btw, while a premium '02 SL 55 AMG is only 125k! WTF?)

not only did they release an incomplete game with many "promised" features to come down the road... They take away a key feature that was very innovative and popular. :mad:

How many devs release "complete" games these days? With no need for future patches, updates and dreaded DLC?

I'm looking at five fingers on one hand and can't count to one. Can you rattle off a few?

I've posted, for those who might be interested, some lists of cars that a bunch of us have tested in GT5, for compatibility in shuffle-like racing.
There could be some flaws, what with it being GT6 and a bit different, I guess. But the lists are extensively tested to be compatible. Probably more compatible than real shuffle was. :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mixer-makeshift-shuffle.293390/

Anyone's welcome to use these lists, of course. 👍

Back