POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (it's possible again in GT5, see post 330)

• Thread starter VBR
  • 329 comments

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

• Total voters
VBR
Went Shuffle racing tonight in GT5, my goodness it was a lot of fun, they so need to bring this back in GT6! :D It made me appreciate just how much better GT6's physics are though, but it was still fun nonetheless. At least the GT5 servers will still be online until May 20th, so I can still get my fix if need be. :lol:

Are there still some Shuffles going on in GT5? Might just pop it back in this weekend, then :)

Are there still some Shuffles going on in GT5? Might just pop it back in this weekend, then :)

I refreshed the room list several times & there were only 58 rooms available, seriously! I found one Shuffle room which was full, but I was patient & ended up getting in. After several people left I became the host & had a jolly good time.

With that in mind it might be better to organise something, otherwise you might not be so fortunate.

I believe @Sick Cylinder has hosted some gt5 shuffle racing rooms recently. I think it's him...(maybe he''ll see this & pop in & pipe up about it). He's my friend on PSN, and I think that's who's sent me some messages about it in recent weeks. 👍

By the way guys, did you know that you can type "Bring Back Shuffle!" in your Location account setting here on GT Planet, & it will display next to your countries flag under your avatar when you post? Just another way to highlight the cause! :D

Thanks for the effort, guys. I'm affraid the 'Shuffle' question won't make it, though...

As could be expected, sound improvement seems more important, along with a livery editor... What people see in the ability to change a car into a children's coloringbook is beyond me, but hey... to each his own I suppose :rolleyes:

What people see in the ability to change a car into a children's coloringbook is beyond me, but hey... to each his own I suppose :rolleyes:
Emmm you could also recreate real race car liveries and personalize your cars that way? :dopey:

To be frank none of my cars look like a children's colouring books in FM4, but it's nice to know that if i wanted that i could still have it :D

Thanks for the effort, guys. I'm affraid the 'Shuffle' question won't make it, though...

If the poll would've been available for longer, we could've PM'd the 394 guys who voted that they wanted Shuffle back by copying & pasting their names from our poll results. That might've slightly altered the outcome! :lol:

i unlocked the multiplayer, thought i would go find a shuffle lobby. didn't find one. thought i would start one and was very sad to find there was no shuffle option :(

IIRC, GT5 did not have shuffle racing at the start. Wasn't it patched in?

For all you guys who voted "What's Shuffle racing?", here's an explanation from watermelonpunch...

@gnorman @atlop @sidplayos2 @fourliter @DJCarlos @PaTrond @bjosim @ultram @chim nodensetsu @millersctr @GT5TopGear @Antonisbob @mike3648 @The_Rpg_Moogle @guailifit @Uk_viper76 @Müle @romandesimone @mister dog @iainoflo85 @Retro Racer @G91V @WRT IVORBIGUN @Omniscient @MasamuneDate @TheLazyDonkey @intoflatlines @CProRacing @Jeibachi @nursemorph @Templar82 @JHB434

Quick DESCRIPTION of Shuffle Racing (for those who don't know)...

Shuffle racing was online racing where you would join a room, and instead of picking a car out of your own garage, you would be assigned a car model for the race. Depending on the shuffle settings, most people would be in a different car (with some being in the same car, depending on the settings).

You would be given a different car for the next race based on your finishing position in the last race.
They had some kind of algorithm to decide that. So you would perhaps be given a slightly better advantage car in the next race if you finished poorly in the last race.

In other words, the cars would be ballpark matched for speed & performance - you wouldn't have a kei car competing against a new performance car or whatnot.

And mostly it was luck, because obviously some cars might be slower than others on one track, but perform better on another track. So it wasn't an absolute system of parity, you understand.

But it made for somewhat closer racing among varied abilities, more than a 1-make race - where you would always have in a group of people, some people who were just better and would always do better.

In other words, it was a way to have mixed model racing, without any rules you had to think about, without having to set up your own car, and allowed for even more casual and lesser experienced drivers to have a chance of close racing and winning or placing well, and giving more experienced & more serious players extra challenge even if they were racing against more casual drivers they would ordinarily easily beat in a 1-make race.

You can see how this Shuffle set-up would appeal to a wide range of Gran Turismo racers.

A savvy Shuffle lobby host could easily keep the Shuffle settings to keep the racing close, fun, and varied, no matter who was in the room.
It saved people pressed for time, or not wanting the bother, the problem of finding similarly skilled racers to race with, as well as the problem of tuning or getting cars in their garage ready for online racing.

And what's more - if you did have a group of people who were closely matched, you could set the Shuffle settings to make sure the cars were very close. A smaller number of cars would be assigned, but they would be much more evenly matched.

So Shuffle in GT5 has been an option to appeal to a wide array of tastes & scenarios.

Including people interested in DIRTY racing.
A lot of people mention the fact that it was a good option for CLEAN online racing. And that's absolutely true.
But it was also an option that dirty racing fans liked, as I have often seen "Dirty Shuffle" lobbies running - and often they'd be nearly full rooms.
I can see how people would like this if they wanted dirty racing... because even dirty racing involves a certain attitude or "rules" if you will. And casual dirty racers ALSO like not having to set up cars all the time to participate in dirty online racing.
Anyway, just trying to emphasize that it's not just about "clean racing" options. Dirty racers also like shuffle. (Not just griefers - though they like shuffle too unfortunately! LOL)

I WANT TO PLAY DIRTY SHUFFLE ON GT6. IF YOU CAN BRING BACK B-SPEC, YOU CAN BRING BACK SHUFFLE TO GT6, DAG NABBIT, FARGING ICEHOLES.

If they bring anything back to gt6 it must be shuffle racing. When I played gt5 online, shuffle racing was the only legit racing mode I thought was consistent.

Anybody see my SHUFFLE anywhere?

Well, I had a look around & I found it for you. At the moment it's stored on a computer at Polyphony Digital, & I'm hoping they're getting it ready for the big online update. :D

It's a real shame that there still hasn't been any official statements regarding shuffle... Feels like PD doesn't really care :grumpy:

:odd:
VBR
Well, I had a look around & I found it for you. At the moment it's stored on a computer at Polyphony Digital, & I'm hoping they're getting it ready for the big online update. :D
Let's break in to Polyphony Digital and get it. Meet me in the back of the building at midnight tonight. 👍:odd:

Back