POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (it's possible again in GT5, see post 330)

• Thread starter VBR
  • 329 comments

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

• Total voters
You already have "shuffle" racing in the "quick race" mode. The same guy that raced shuffle races in GT5, races the quick races in GT6. Most have no clue on tuning. Which is why one would go to the shuffle rooms. And most think they are driving a bumper car seeing that most quick races end with wrecks and the dreaded "penalty". You can get the penalty even if you are the driver being hit.

You already have "shuffle" racing in the "quick race" mode. The same guy that raced shuffle races in GT5, races the quick races in GT6. Most have no clue on tuning. Which is why one would go to the shuffle rooms. And most think they are driving a bumper car seeing that most quick races end with wrecks and the dreaded "penalty". You can get the penalty even if you are the driver being hit.

NO, Sorta but no, no and NO.

Shuffle is nothing like "Quick Race" mode. In a shuffle room you could run different PP levels, tracks, weather, anything but pick the cars and tires.

I do race in quick race mode occasionally for the easy .cr and most of the time I let them all crash then drive around them.

Many shuffle racers could tune just fine and raced in PP rooms as well. Some simply hated GTs broken tuning system and didn't want to waste time in it. Others like me, found that the best drivers raced in shuffle or spec rooms A.K.A. stock/no-tuning, same make and model.

Also a good shuffle room ran races very frequently. So an hour of gameplay had a lot of races in it. More than you could get in a PP or even a spec room.

Considering most PP rooms marked "clean", back in GT5 online days, had terrible drivers in them. I found if I wanted a good clean races the best place was a "clean" shuffle room or spec. Being fast in a shuffle room required skill with any vehicle type. Not just a wrecking ball driving style found in many PP rooms.

I figure the main reason quick race mode is so dirty is because you can't kick bad drivers and no rules about clean driving are set.

My issues with shuffle racing were in most races, there was always a dominant car for the supposed set PP. The most glaring one that I remember was the '03 Supercharged Shelby, which won nearly every race regardless of the driver. There were others, but unfortunately GT5 servers are no longer so I cant go back to prove my point.

I actually don't care one little bit whether Shuffle comes back or not (because Project CARS), which ironically means that me & Kaz now have something in common!

:lol:

VBR
I actually don't care one little bit whether Shuffle comes back or not (because Project CARS), which ironically means that me & Kaz now have something in common!

:lol:
I have to agree with this. The only way back for GT is a test drive style game with GT physics. If Pcars is all it's cracked up to be, I can't see how they'd beat it. Pcars ordered. Maybe see you there VBR. I'll be in the 320 procar.

Well, it's safe to presume that we'll never be seeing this feature in GT6...ever! Maybe it'll make it's way back into GT7, & if not we'll still have all those happy GT5 Shuffle memories.

:)

I would rather see more moon missions than have this back in the game
Seriously dude I think the moon challenges suck there so annoying

But yeah I think shuffle racing should definitely be brought back. for a moment it was the only online rac I did in Gt5 it was cool to use a random car each race.

Seriously dude I think the moon challenges suck there so annoying

But yeah I think shuffle racing should definitely be brought back. for a moment it was the only online rac I did in Gt5 it was cool to use a random car each race.
Why??? Because if it were that important, it should not have taken 3 weeks for you to respond. As for the moon challenges, that is just sarcasm. But at least it was different.

Why??? Because if it were that important, it should not have taken 3 weeks for you to respond. As for the moon challenges, that is just sarcasm. But at least it was different.

I responded as soon as I read the post not three weeks after!

To me It's a shame that they dropped Shuffle because with an improved car list there was the potential to overhaul and improve it. Hopefully for GT7 they bring it back in an improved form and keep "Quick Match" because although I don't enjoy that I'm sure there are plenty who do.

My issues with shuffle racing were in most races, there was always a dominant car for the supposed set PP. The most glaring one that I remember was the '03 Supercharged Shelby, which won nearly every race regardless of the driver. There were others, but unfortunately GT5 servers are no longer so I cant go back to prove my point.

I actually liked that some cars were better than others. It shuffled the positions around as well, not only the cars. Everyone got the chance to be in the top, even if they weren't super fast drivers.

Further to what @eran0004 said; if you were a fast driver you could always choose not to use the dominant cars, & mix it up in the midfield. I had some truly great Shuffle races with players who were a bit slower than me but were in faster cars, & vice versa.

Oh happy days!

:)

Last edited:
seems like PD brought in a new team of software developers for GT6 and they didn't bother to check out GT5's features

Maybe. But it's more likely that they weren't happy with the feature for some reason. Perhaps because it was using mainly standard cars.

Could be true. Shuffle racing was pointless. One thing that is missing from GT6 is the PP bonus that could be achieved by running seasonals with a lower PP car and winning. Of the differences between GT5 and GT6, i would say this is the one I miss the most

I've been experimenting with a car shuffler. I grabbed the GT6 car list from kudosprime.com and wrote a Python script that enables you to filter the list based on criterias that you set (year, drivetrain, price, PP and other (for now: VGT, kart, Nascar, single seater)) and then shuffle the list and generate a grid.

In the example above I filtered the list to include only cars that cost 20'000 credits or less and that are from year 1945 to 1995:

ss2.gif

If GT7 doesn't have shuffle, course maker, and acceleration capability tests right out the gate, I'm done. It is unacceptable that GT6 doesn't have two features that GT5 had, and only just now got the third (course maker.)

If GT7 doesn't have shuffle, course maker, and acceleration capability tests right out the gate, I'm done. It is unacceptable that GT6 doesn't have two features that GT5 had, and only just now got the third (course maker.)
With our luck, if we get shuffle racing in GT7, it will be "in a future update".

Last edited:
Back