POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (it's possible again in GT5, see post 330)

• Thread starter VBR
  • 329 comments

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

• Total voters
Hi everyone in here. I'm late to this topic, but I need to understand it since it seems like such an important component to GT and its users.

Can someone explain to me exactly what shuffle was and why it is needed again?

Here's my improvised shuffle idea:

You take a random number generator (random.org) and put in 0 to 27 (the amount of couters cars) and let the generator generate a random car and let that be the "shuffled" car. (Works with tracks too but much more tedious since there's more tracks than coutersy cars)

Ridiculous they got rid of this, it was basically the only way I raced online to get around the fact of having to tune cars to hundreds of different PP limits.

Hi everyone in here. I'm late to this topic, but I need to understand it since it seems like such an important component to GT and its users.

The host of a room selected a track and a PP limit, the game then shuffled through a bunch of cars that fit the PP range for everyone in the room and gave each person one at random. Whilst some cars were far better than others it did make for close, equal racing most of the time and it meant you raced in a different car all the time, cars you wouldn't usually use.

The host of a room selected a track and a PP limit, the game then shuffled through a bunch of cars that fit the PP range for everyone in the room and gave each person one at random. Whilst some cars were far better than others it did make for close, equal racing most of the time and it meant you raced in a different car all the time, cars you wouldn't usually use.

All the races were Reverse Grid too, so if you won you ended up at the back of the grid in a slightly slower car in the next race. It was a very rough way of leveling out driver ability with different cars, it didn't always work of course but made for some of the most fun racing I've ever had online. All cars were totally stock & on Comfort Soft or Sports Hard tyres as well, with the PP range being set between 300 to 500.

The reason we need it again is this; it was such an easy way to find clean & close racing. You needed no cars of your own, didn't need to tune, & you could jump straight into a lobby & be out on tack racing within a few minutes. Great for those who just want to plug & play.

Happy days! :D

Last edited:
VBR
The reason we need it again is this; it was such an easy way to find clean & close racing. You needed no cars of your own, didn't need to tune, & you could jump straight into a lobby & be out on tack racing within a few minutes. Great for those who just want to plug & play.
This is why I think it'll come with the matchmaking feature.

I miss Shuffle so much that my friends and I often go to GT5 and race shuffle, We want Shuffle brought back to GT6, along with other things like track editor, speed testing track, simple things like the lines on the graphs and sliders, the options to lend out cars and trade... according to the writting on my game box this should have already been the case!
false advertising

This is why I think it'll come with the matchmaking feature.

Considering there was absolutely no justification to remove shuffle racing in the first place, I don't see why it would be re-introduced with matchmaking. I think what is more likely is that someone decided that Shuffle Racing was no longer part of his 'vision'.

Last edited:
We had a few new online modes added to GT6 in the 1.05 update including Drift, Time Trial, & Free Run. So, do you think that Shuffle racing be making an unannounced return in the 1.06 update tomorrow?

I doubt it. that would be nice though, I've been thinking about actually playing gt6 again lately.

mostly I've been waiting for that Project Cars game to come out for PC. That looks really good.

I loved the way the shuffle system sorted out different skill levels. I always drove so conservatively, the game would sit me in a GTR after a few races. Damn near clockwork.

sadly my racing days are over for now. played gt5 shuffle all month and had the time of my life. i guess i'll check back here once in a while and see if there is any news. such a shame. the gt6 cars handle so well but they totally ruined the game for me. i'm still stunned over it all. i've bought every gt game made. i even bought my ps3 just to get gt5. now my gt6 is just a coaster.

Back