[Poll] Do you use a Driving Wheel?

• Thread starter Shadow789
  • 44 comments

Do you use a Driving Wheel while playing GT4?

• Yes I use a Driving Wheel!

Votes: 49 51.6%
  • No I use a controller or gamepad!

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • Other!

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I just use the DS2, but I want the DFP. Its a little too expensive, though, and all my friends who have one, had them break on them.

I use a DFP, but I cant drift with it. So if I want to drift I use the controller. One time I used the DancePad to play GT2. I think that was TD's idea, Im not sure.

tedaconda
get one off ebay then tell logitech its broke theyll send a new one as long as its mfg date was less than a year ago.

fight the system

sweet dude ima look on ebay rite now nice idea. but is it full proof?? ur sure they wont ask for a recept or nothing.

ap1_drifter
i use the wheel for everything, drifting,racing.
it was the best 250 bucks i ever spent!

You spent 250$ on a wheel?

lol, 250? just a little overpriced...
i use a wheel for drift and grip. ff is on strong, and i have no problems with it doing either.

I've always used the DFP for GT4, but I still haven't fortified my wheel mount, so until a few days ago, I couldn't use the 900° mode... too much resistance, too much yanking the wheel around... my mount would break. I just used the 200° mode instead.

UNTIL

I recently discovered that unplugging the wheel deactivates the centering spring. It also deactivates the force feedback, but being able to throw the wheel around more realistically is a good trade off.

Being able to drift in 900° mode is so refreshing. Exiting sharp drifts and linking them in S sections is more challenging, more fun, and much more satisfying. Now I really can't wait to strengthen my mount so I can drift with force feedback.

I have had my DFP for 3 years now...I heard something shatter inside it....I haven't taken a look inside.....Force feedback seems to get knocked loose now...BUt the wheel still works fine....I guess its time for a replacement....Anyone else have trouble? BTW It makes the game 100000% better

...ive only had mine for a couple months and the pedals are making funny sounds <_<...especialy the brakes which makes clicking sounds..my warranty is only for a year though...

btw the drift dojo avatar kicks ass....at first i didnt recognize it but then it hit me....BATTLE ROYALE!!!!!!!!! XD lol

DriftingDreamer
...ive only had mine for a couple months and the pedals are making funny sounds <_<...especialy the brakes which makes clicking sounds..my warranty is only for a year though...

btw the drift dojo avatar kicks ass....at first i didnt recognize it but then it hit me....BATTLE ROYALE!!!!!!!!! XD lol

Thanks to Vision for the dope Avatar Thanks again man!

I use the DS2, i would like to use the wheel, but i have no place to mount it...oh well

More specifically, i use the Pad on the DS2, the analog stick is impossible to drift with for me

Anyone can do a cockpit guys, just put it in your mind and imagine it set up in your room if you want it bad enough. Sure it's just a game, but like stated earlier, a wheel makes you a driver, and a ds2 makes you a teenager with a controller. DR i noticed you have alot to say about realism lately, and im on the same page with everything you said. DFPs are now available from tigerdirect for 109. i saved for 14 months to buy one when they were 150, worth every penny. I ate cup of noodles and walmart brand ravioli for almost a year. find a used car seat of any sort and find some lumbar if u dont have a coffee table or something like it. theres also these setups on ebay where all u need is a chair, a kitchen table chair, an office chair, or heck even a bean bag chair. its totally worth it, and after sliding my friends sc300 the other day, the gt4 900degree mode is even more real than you think.

anyway just my two cents guys, i think that dfps will raise all of our skill levels

ted

Back