• GTA III

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • GTA II

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • GTA I

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • GTA Vice City Stories/Liberty City Stories

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other (Chinatwon Wars, London 1969, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Vice city was such an amazing experience but I had the most fun with San Andreas. So many awesome features in that game like the parachute, weight lifting, car customization, many more vehicles and landscape changes and much more. Easily the best game of the series in terms of single player. Didnt care for the GTA4 campaign at all. All the fun features were removed. However the free roaming multiplayer was a blast. If they can combine all the FUN from San Andreas in the GTA4 campaign along with the 16 player multiplayer from GTA4 then it will be the ultimate game. Especially if they make it a co-op campaign like Saints Row 2/3.

In terms of atmosphere and story: GTAIV by a long mile!

In terms of sheer fun and replayability: San Andreas.

Went with San Andreas because that game took way too much time from me:dopey:

Also a bit off-topic, but Bully. In my opinion this game beats them all if only for the great story and atmosphere!

In terms of atmosphere and story: GTAIV by a long mile!

In terms of sheer fun and replayability: San Andreas.

Went with San Andreas because that game took way too much time from me:dopey:

Also a bit off-topic, but Bully. In my opinion this game beats them all if only for the great story and atmosphere!

This. GTA IV's story was on a level far above anything thats been offered so far in the series, but in terms of just out right fun, SA. It pretty much has everything.

I have played all. san andreas was the best by far. Loads of missions, Alot of side missions, collectibles, cycles. Many will agree with me.
Even if you get bored you will still go back to it.

GTA San Andreas, definitely. It not only has a huge varying world and some really good and many missions, but there is so much more than story line to do in it. Like when you've done the story line you can go find a ghost car and drive around Shady Creeks in foggy weather looking for whatever might be there. it might not have any significant effect on most people, but it's replaying value: You basically never get bored

San Andreas is the most awesome game I ever played.

I was thinking about this game all day long. Now that I checked this forum, I'm gonna hook-up my ps2 tonight and start all over. Good times ahead, good times.

It's obvious really, San Andreas.
I've mentioned in the other threads my love for this game. GTA IV was too conservative, too urban, too "real" if you know what I mean, plus the game play was odd. I prefer the game play on games like Driver San Francisco in terms of cars and their handling.

I'm praying that GTA V brings back the lunacy in San Andreas.

I voted for San Andreas. Even though, I've only owned two (San Andreas and IV), I still think, SA's the best so far.

I downloaded San Andreas from xbox live and I absolutely love that game.
BTW i bought it third time.
First on ps2 then on pc and today on xbox. Shame psn store doesn't have it.

GTA IV for the story. (Especially the Deal ending)
I enjoyed the dramatic, sad, and often dark tone of it all. It had an emotion to it that I can't put my finger on. The ending was great with Niko being all "Welcome to America.." and that little orchestra bit that played with Niko and Jacob in the rain/credits fit well.

Ehh, I didn't care much for the Revenge ending. I think the Deal was the ending the game deserved.

GTA San Andreas kept me playing much longer. I still play it. I liked the detail that was put into the games atmosphere and of course the variance in terrain. As for its story, the emotion vibe wasn't as strong to me as it was in IV.

I knew San Andreas will be the first when I just saw this thread. :D
My favourite is SA, too. It gives a special feeling about the massive space. And as it was mentioned above - the variance of locations, too. I first completed it on PS2 when I was a sixth grade schoolboy... :rolleyes: And now I still play it on PC sometimes and have fun with various mods...

I think San Andreas was best because the variety of things to do, even compared to IV, was just insane. I had so much fun just driving the trains really fast and derailing them, trolling the army's SAM missiles flying around the army base, getting the AT400 plane, gambling my savings away, customising cars etc. Simply epic.

As an owner of every GTA game, I still say GTA IV is the best. I loved it, and connected greatly with it as soon as I layed my hands on the game case. Everything about the game is amazing.

As for just messing around, TBOGT or SA are the best, because of the wide variety of things to do. The story of SA doesn't flow properly, though.

Love all of them, but San Andreas is still the best so far. :)

Phil Collins in Vice City Stories was an awesome surprise and i've gone to that stadium just to listen to his song numerous times. :D

San Andreas is and always will be my all time favourite GTA. So many hours/weeks/months playing it and never got bored, I'm tempted to play it again. I remember reading every magazine leading up to its release, it was delayed by a week to be released along side the slimline PS2, I was nearly in tears when I first heard about it.

Vice City is second, GTA 3 third, GTA 4 in 4th.

The PSP GTAs were good, I got them for PS2 but they couldnt hold a candle to the originals.

If they released the classic GTAs with PSN trophys I would die of happiness!

GTA III. I love everything about that game. The dark and gritty atmosphere of Liberty City is amazing. The nostlagia factor for III is over-the-top!

It's GTA San Andreas for me. The game introduces a lot of things that can be done and it's fun doing it. If wish GTA V comes out, we can expect more than what GTA SA offers.

Back