• GTA III

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • GTA II

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • GTA I

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • GTA Vice City Stories/Liberty City Stories

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other (Chinatwon Wars, London 1969, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
San Andreas by a "state" mile. SA has so many different things to do and even to this day I find things that can be ridiculously funny such as going to a certain spot, shooting some peds and then watching the cops fail to reach me and repeatedly make ridiculous decisions (jumping off a parking garage to get near me? How smart!)

2nd on the list is GTA IV: Online is a plus as are trophies and graphics look spectacular but for me the ragdoll physics in offline mode makes it too realistic to my taste and makes me like the insanity of San Andreas more. Mind you, GTA IV is an epic game, I just like SA more.

Spot on, I've always played GTA games strictly for the fun factor. That's where IV's offline falls flat on its face with me, although I can appreciate the story, which is one of the best, if not the best of the series.

San Andreas by far.Just started playing it again,this time no cheats
I'm also suprised how bad the graphics look :lol:

Its a 7 year old game on a past generation console. Graphics are pretty good for that standard.:dopey:

Its a 7 year old game on a past generation console. Graphics are pretty good for that standard.:dopey:
I remember graphics looking better when I was little younger:dopey:.But,you're right,it definitely does look good for it's time

San Andreas for 3 reasons:

1. HUGE gameplay and map. You could get lost here if there was no map. The story was fun and there was so much to do.

2. Cheats... Jetpack alone is a better cheat than all of the GTA IV cheats.

3. CJ is the coolest, most hilarious protagonist I've ever played as. All of his lines are quotable. (he got me to say Busta in school... And now EVERYONE says it.)

SA, VC, IV. Although VCS had it's share of missions that I got a bit ticked off at (ahemm Light My Pyre)

It's with a heavy heart I vote for IV. It's technically brilliant and an outstanding game with some great DLC to really mix it up.

It's with a heavy heart because I utterly adore the GTA III era. III will always be special, Vice City was epic and even though I totally hated the story to SA, the fun & replay factor was outstanding.

But I really, really like GTA IV. The only things I found lacking were unflyable aeroplanes and an uncomplicated subway system. I was really anticipating a complex and interwining system, ala The Warriors. But in any case, it's a brilliant game and I refute the criticism it gets.

VCS and LCS , why ? Cheat codes expecialy jumpy cars . Without that , I like the bmx the cars themselfs and glichs (yesterday a ghost cop took me off the car twice on VCS) :lol:

IV. Why? Because of the atmosphere. It is the only game where I'm not constantly mashing the 'sprint' button searching for a car. Sometimes I'll just wander along, ignoring the classic 'Cuz, u wanna go bowling!?' calls from Roman. Star Junction just takes my breath away sometimes, especially on a wet evening when the reflections dance in the puddles as streams of taxis reinforce past.

Then there's the vehicles. All are unique and the best thing is they all look like they could exist in real life. Driving them is a pleasure, a perfect balance between realism and simplicity. I love it when police pull someone over, tell them to drive safe and then watch as the driver speeds of, sideswiping other cars. And the radio really adds atmosphere. A mix of hilarious ads, good music and realism really adds to the experience.

IV is, in my opinion a near perfect game. Yes there is a lack of activities, but what other game makes you laugh so much, yet has a gripping storyline and such a realistic city, filled with realistic peds, acting almost like real people. But then, that's what GTA does.

See IV was good but I didn't really like the atmosphere so much and the cruddy handling of cars, which was the worst since GTA III in itself. Because of that it lacked what some of the III era games had and that is why I prefer the III era ones over IV. Sure the GFX weren't great but at the time they were god like. Now I'm expecting IV to be BF3/L.A. Noire quality ir even better. I honestly think GTA can only get so much better before it ends up with the same fate Guitar Hero did, yet lasting a bit longer than that franchise.

See IV was good but I didn't really like the atmosphere so much and the cruddy handling of cars, which was the worst since GTA III in itself. Because of that it lacked what some of the III era games had and that is why I prefer the III era ones over IV. Sure the GFX weren't great but at the time they were god like. Now I'm expecting IV to be BF3/L.A. Noire quality ir even better. I honestly think GTA can only get so much better before it ends up with the same fate Guitar Hero did, yet lasting a bit longer than that franchise.

I disagree. The handling in III is horrific. All the cars stick to the road, and when they don't they roll. Take an ambulance round a sharp corner and watch as it goes onto 2 wheels.

E28
I disagree. The handling in III is horrific. All the cars stick to the road, and when they don't they roll. Take an ambulance round a sharp corner and watch as it goes onto 2 wheels.

That part I like about IV, is the rolling of vehicles. However in III they were bad too. The rest of 'em I liked. IV was crazy cause they slid and spun out too easily.

E28
IV. Why? Because of the atmosphere. It is the only game where I'm not constantly mashing the 'sprint' button searching for a car. Sometimes I'll just wander along, ignoring the classic 'Cuz, u wanna go bowling!?' calls from Roman. Star Junction just takes my breath away sometimes, especially on a wet evening when the reflections dance in the puddles as streams of taxis reinforce past.

Fully agree. The setting is wonderful. The map is astonishing for just one self contained city and a token town to the west. It's very big, and also very fun. They all look the same internally, but I love the design of the underground subway stations. And the overground ones are unique and have their own little touches which makes them blend into the background that little bit better.

E28
Then there's the vehicles. All are unique and the best thing is they all look like they could exist in real life. Driving them is a pleasure, a perfect balance between realism and simplicity. I love it when police pull someone over, tell them to drive safe and then watch as the driver speeds of, sideswiping other cars. And the radio really adds atmosphere. A mix of hilarious ads, good music and realism really adds to the experience.

I adore driving around in my Futo. The cars are spectacular, and the damage model is astonishing. One clip of the kerb can see you careering into a wall. And pedestrians!

The radio is superb. As with all III-onward games, there are just 2-3 stations which I listen to but once again they are superb. WKTT is utterly brilliant for those who 'get it' and rivals Chatterbox 109 as being the funniest talkshows in the series. Liberty Rock Radio is superb, playing the classic rock I've missed ever since K-DST. And incluing Run To The Hills in TLAD was a stroke of genius. I even listened to K109 in TBOGT and it's a very cool station.

E28
IV is, in my opinion a near perfect game. Yes there is a lack of activities, but what other game makes you laugh so much, yet has a gripping storyline and such a realistic city, filled with realistic peds, acting almost like real people. But then, that's what GTA does.

Near perfect is a bit strong. Boats were disappointing, as were the inclusions of fixed yet inaccessable/unusable landmarks such as the golf course, fairground and airport. The DLCs inject some of the missing 'fun' but any iteration of the game is a very rewarding experience for the conisseur, and not just your typical shoot & drive sandbox clone.

Last edited:
The radio is superb. As with all III-onward games, there are just 2-3 stations which I listen to but once again they are superb. WKTT is utterly brilliant for those who 'get it' and rivals Chatterbox 109 as being the funniest talkshows in the series. Liberty Rock Radio is superb, playing the classic rock I've missed ever since K-DST. And incluing Run To The Hills in TLAD was a stroke of genius. I even listened to K109 in TBOGT and it's a very cool station.

Yeah WKTT is hilarious with the 'terrorist sightings' and Just or Unjust. 'You scratch his accountancy truck, you scratch his manhood!

Near perfect is a bit strong. Boats were disappointing, as were the inclusions of fixed yet inaccessable/unusable landmarks such as the golf course, fairground and airport. The DLCs inject some of the missing 'fun' but any iteration of the game is a very rewarding experience for the conisseur, and not just your typical shoot & drive sandbox clone.

I guess it is a bit strong. I'm more focusing on what is there and do agree that there is a lot that could be added.

Has to be San Andreas. It was the first GTA with proper planes, it had a huge map with lots of variety (forests, cities, deserts) and a brilliant modding community. :)

IV for storyline, TBoGT for fun, SA for scale and things to do.

The most fun I've had with GTA is TBoGT so I've got to go with it. LC is beautiful, the music brilliant and the missions hilarious and great fun. It took IV's dark atmosphere and injected it with some glitz and glamour through the new radio stations and the clubs.

GTA IV. Because is in my favourite city (NY), and Niko Bellic is for me, the best protagonist in the GTA franchise.

I picked GTA IV as the graphics and phyisics are great. Also online with friends makes it much more enjoyable than the rest. Mostly for me though is the way the cars drive compaired with old GTAs its alot more responsive and fun.

Vigero would be my favorite car in GTA IV if there was a pole for that too, tonnes of sideways fun :D.

Liquid
Fully agree. The setting is wonderful. The map is astonishing for just one self contained city and a token town to the west. It's very big, and also very fun. They all look the same internally, but I love the design of the underground subway stations. And the overground ones are unique and have their own little touches which makes them blend into the background that little bit better.

have to agree here. The only thing I disliked about IV's setting was the way Rockstar failed to use it properly. They created a beautiful environment but really failed to make full use of those shady alleyways, rooftops and water fronts. The city itself was fantastic, but I really felt it could have been used better.

I voted San Andreas as my favourite. I loved the exploration and the variety of the terrain. Some say it was too big, and at times I agree that traveling the distance of the map often took too long, but they utilized the map itself perfectly. Highlights for me were mount chilliad, the desert, the truth's farm and the cities themselves. I know it's highly unlikely, but I hope Rockstar pull a big surprise and announce San fierro and las venturas all in a San Andreas size map. It might lack creativity, but would anyone complain with that?

Back