POLL:GTA 5, Will you buy next-gen version plus new console?

• Thread starter RetroJohan
  • 68 comments

Will you buy next-gen version?

• Yes, just the PS4 version

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Yes, a PS4 and the game

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Yes, just the Xbox One version

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Yes, a Xbox ONE and the game

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Yes, just the PC version

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Yes, new/upgrad PC and the game

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I waiting for the Wii U version....

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters

RetroJohan

A.K.A GT_johan
Premium
Sweden
Sweden
RetroJohan
I just curious too see what how many people are going to buy it again

For myself I going buy it for PS4, but I still play the PS3 version if there will be like a Gtplanet meet-up or something similar.

I'm not upgrading just to have prettier graphics and it was already one of the best looking games on the PS3 already.

Yep, I'll buy it. The upgraded graphics along with the new content and the fact its on the latest gen consoles will keep my interest in it longer. And another shot of getting all the trophies again.

At the moment there aren't many PS4 games that tickle my fancy. This does.

Not unless it is substantially different, which it won't be so no probably not. Saying that, it would be nice to play in a modder free zone, pretty sure nobody has managed to fiddle with the PS4 yet so might be worth it if PS3 continues to be upset by idiots.

I've been waiting for an excuse to buy a PS4 and it has arrived.

I can see R* releasing PS4 exclusive content and DLC and I would like to be part of that.

Just like every other hype train about new electronics. I'll wait. Not everyone can afford to run out and buy a new device, just cause everyone else can afford it.

I'll be buying a PS4 and the game. There are moments when I'm playing the PS3 version where I can see the the console struggling to keep-up, plus I'd happily pay the extra money for more detail, higher resolution, more wildlife and traffic, etc.

I'll eventually buy a PS4 anyway... I just needed a good excuse to buy one.

After all the other great announcements at E3 and the amount of games coming out by the end of the year, I decided I am getting the X1. I will have the X1 by the time Destiny comes out.

I will also purchase GTA5 for the X1, UNLESS there are no major changes for the GTA online mode on the X1. If that is still the same then I will probably just stick with the 360 GTA5 online. If I do purchase the X1 version of GTA5 online, I will trade in the 360 version. When I play GTA5 its for the online mode. The campaign was excellent but I have no reason to play the campaign again on the 360. Everything I want is online...well besides the ability to hunt animals. Hopefully the X1 version has animals online.

Last edited:
I didn't buy GTA 5 on PS3 because it was a given that this was going to happen. I haven't got a PS4 but it's a toss up between that and getting it on PC (the mods will probably be insane).

I'll wait until the PS4's range of games expands a bit, so I don't feel like I'm paying €460 to play one game.

Says the guy who only has one 3DS game so far.

Not going to buy anything next gen for a few years atleast. I only got a PS3 less than a year ago so yeah, that's how up-to-date I am. I am currently trying to finally get into simracing aka buying a wheel to play GT with. I also need to purchase a real car this year so not much disposable budget there. Once both GT and GTA - the only two games I play, die off on current gen, then I might consider upgrading. But even then I'd probably go with a decent PC since the PS4 ain't exactly a bargain.

I'll buy it again. I liked the story & I like messing around still every now and then. Will give me a chance to redo all the Assassination missions as well as anything else I missed.

I doubt I'll get it for next gen until at least a few years pass and the PS4 is a little bit cheaper here, and I'm not keen on the fact of how GTAO will work on next-gen since I'm assuming we either port stats over from our PSN or we start again.

Oh and I'm not too fond of paying to play online but I'm sure I'll find cash to pay for that :P

I agree. I'm going to get a PS4 sooner than later. I'll buy the game if it's on sale or something. But, it's not anything I will rushing to the store to pick it up on day one. The 'maybe' option would be perfect for me. Heck, I'm still going back and forth with myself if I see the game on a new console as a good thing or a stab in the eye of anyone that already bought it for the PS3 or Xbox360.

Last edited:
I already got a PS4. I miss playing Grand Theft Auto and although Watch_Dogs is pretty good, it will be shelved for a long time once I get my PS4 copy of GTA V. So yes, I will get next-gen GTA V. :D

I will also purchase GTA5 for the X1, UNLESS there are no major changes for the GTA online mode on the X1. If that is still the same then I will probably just stick with the 360 GTA5 online. If I do purchase the X1 version of GTA5 online, I will trade in the 360 version. When I play GTA5 its for the online mode. The campaign was excellent but I have no reason to play the campaign again on the 360. Everything I want is online...well besides the ability to hunt animals. Hopefully the X1 version has animals online.

You do know that GTA Online will be included in the X1 version of GTA 5 and you'll be able to transfer your GTA Online progress from your 360 version to your X1?

You do know that GTA Online will be included in the X1 version of GTA 5 and you'll be able to transfer your GTA Online progress from your 360 version to your X1?

Will you be able to transfer from PS3 over to PC? Hopefully yes...

Latest Posts

Back