POLL: INDY vs. DAYTONA

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 110 comments
  • 10,859 views
Daytona.

I also prefer navel oranges over green apples, and gala apples over florida oranges.

Just sayin'....

Huh???
. . . care to explain?
 
Daytona.👍
 
Daytona. I'm sick of the sight of Indy from grinding it hours on end every day for over a month.
 
Like Bristol?
2009%20NWMT%20Bristol%20Track%20Shot_0.jpg

I really wish they would have included Bristol in GT5. Banking the same as Daytona in a half mile track.




Ugh, makes me nauseous just looking at it. I dislike ovals very much, but I'd take Daytona before I had to race Indy... I guess.


Both road courses are very decent however.
 
They can flip you're just not trying hard enough.

I actually earned a "Roll-Over" Trophy in A-Spec racing in the German Touring car race while driving the Lexus isf concept car.
 
It's a hard question for me.

Just for oval racing, it's Daytona by far. But its road course is extremely narrow and Indy's has a better layout anyway.

I've decided not to vote at this time. Maybe later.

I disagree. The Rolex/Continental layout at Daytona is really quite wide in comparison to similar infield roadcourses. And provides much better racing.

I can't name but a handfull of racing moments at Indy infield. But the Rolex/Continental course at Daytona has had many, many, defining moments in sportscar racing.
 
I like both, but Daytona takes the cake for me. Not only is it the favourite for online NASCAR but it is also best for high speed tests.
 
They both suck, reminds me of Jeff Dunham's character Bubba J: Look theý're taking another left turnnnnn

Nascar is boring (but that's problalby a cultural think because i live in Europe, we like soccer :-)
 
Daytona. It's so smooth.
I hate the 90 degrees corners (even if large) on Indy. It doesn't feel like an oval at all and It's so disturbing and redundant, especially with a fast car.
 
Last edited:
I love both but I prefer clearly Indy.
 
Like Bristol?
2009%20NWMT%20Bristol%20Track%20Shot_0.jpg

I really wish they would have included Bristol in GT5. Banking the same as Daytona in a half mile track.

Ooh, if they could put that one in....
If I ever go to the USA, I'll plan my trip so that Nascar is there when I am!

it just looks so awesome. 👍
 
Would have preferred if they left both of them out and spent their time making other tracks instead.
 
Like Bristol?
2009%20NWMT%20Bristol%20Track%20Shot_0.jpg

I really wish they would have included Bristol in GT5. Banking the same as Daytona in a half mile track.

The best thing about that picture is the USA-tifo, only in America:lol:
 
The best thing about that picture is the USA-tifo, only in America:lol:

And it looks awesome, patriotism should be rewarded.
 
Dislike ovals but I'm forced to use Indy to get quick money
 
Not a fan of oval but Indy is my favorite, Daytona is just too boring for me, even a bad player can setup a good time around it with a wheel and it's super hard to catch up. In Indy you can gain some times in the turns if you're actually a better driver, had an awesome 20 laps race on nascar there, loved it.
 
Nope not a fan of ovals. I get tired of turning left all the time. I will admit there is a specific skill to running ovals.
 
Indy...has more...curves...
 
They both suck, reminds me of Jeff Dunham's character Bubba J: Look theý're taking another left turnnnnn

Nascar is boring (but that's problalby a cultural think because i live in Europe, we like soccer :-)


Why limit yourself, over here we like EVERYTHING !
 
Indy for the oval, though I enjoy Daytona's "roval" layout more than Indy's

Daytona is boring running flat out the whole time.

Also if you notice at Indy, both ends of the speedway are not the same. The bumps going into turn 1 make that corner entry a lot tougher to nail than turn 3.
 
Like Bristol?
2009%20NWMT%20Bristol%20Track%20Shot_0.jpg

I really wish they would have included Bristol in GT5. Banking the same as Daytona in a half mile track.

Yet another in agreement here! I remember this from playing NASCAR Racing 2! I think I also liked Charlotte and Darlington, but I don't remember why...
 
Monza oval is the best!!! Too bad it's not in the game:(...
Usually I prefer Daytona when Monza is absent.
 
Left, Left, Left

OMG a right hand turn
 
Sorry we've go two threads about two tracks at two tracks going.

I live within 5 miles from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it is a very special place. There is an energy of life that comes from that place year round. When the minute you walk into the garage area and roll the cars into their garage for the first time of the month, all the way up until race day is a very special feeling. No words can describe the feeling of you first time walking from Gasoline Alley on to pit lane during race day morning.
 
Last edited:
Yet another in agreement here! I remember this from playing NASCAR Racing 2! I think I also liked Charlotte and Darlington, but I don't remember why...

Darlington is misshaped due to a pond someone must of really loved.


150px-Darlington_raceway.svg.png
 
Back