POLL: INDY vs. DAYTONA

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 110 comments
  • 10,859 views
II prefer Indy, because it requires more skill, because you can beat better cars that your car.
 
Indy. Because unlike Daytona, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is actually more challenging, but it's still an oval so...
 
Daytona, ovals are boring for ninety-nine percent of the time ( from the second lap onwards ), but Daytona is at least decently banked. Indy is flat and boring.
 
Neither, IIH.

Every race you see at Daytona is a 43 car field going in numerous packs (the racing I do like, but it gets stale easily) around a 2.5 mile tri-oval and then lose all sanity at the end.

Indy isn't much better, and is sort of ill-represented in NASCAR races in GT5.


In GT5, you rarely ever use the brake to get you into the corner, while IRL if you did that, you'd cause a massive wreck, or possibly kill someone... or yourself.

All that really needs to happen is a small tweak in cornering performance and top end speed. No NSCS Car ever does 218 mph heading into a turn. Corner exit never allows such things. The most that can be achieved is around 208 mph before having to brake.


And trying to match the power of restrictor-plate engines is a horrible misrepresentation as the car is some 15-20 mph slower overall at Daytona.


But if I had to choose, I'd pick Twin Ring Motegi since I can't have Darlington (my home track).
 
Twin Ring Motegi Oval.

I couldn't decide between Indy and Daytona. I like both.
 
I like Daytona. I like Nascar its easy to follow. sit down watch pre-race ceremonies, fall asleep, wake up for the first big wreck, fall back asleep, wake up for the second big wreck grab a beer and some food and watch the cleanup, fall asleep and wake back up for the last few laps and celebrate the winner.
 
I like Daytona. I like Nascar its easy to follow. sit down watch pre-race ceremonies, fall asleep, wake up for the first big wreck, fall back asleep, wake up for the second big wreck grab a beer and some food and watch the cleanup, fall asleep and wake back up for the last few laps and celebrate the winner.

:lol: ...so true ... :lol:
 
been watchin since i was 8, right around the time I picked up GT1. Yes, I am 21 goin on 22.
 
been watchin since i was 8, right around the time I picked up GT1. Yes, I am 21 goin on 22.

I've also been following NASCAR since I was like 7 or 8. Only difference is, I'm 46, lol. I have always lived close to the track (MIS) and have many memorable experiences there. At one point in my teen years, we lived right next to the track. Our property was pretty large and my parents would charge a small fee for parking or even let people set up camp for the weekend. Met alot of interesting people and some even came back year after year to camp on our property, lol. Interesting times living next to this great track. Sorry, went off topic there, but the memories and stories I could tell. I could right a book, lol.
 
I grew up around it because my great Uncles used to race the Wallace Brothers on the local dirt tracks years back. I grew up near the Gateway Intl' Raceway and our local Dirt track. I got to go see Kenny Wallace Race at his dirt track he owns in Pevely, MO. My uncle Dale actually met Denny Hamlin at one of my cousin Randy's races in the 90's. I did kind of lose interest when Dale Sr. died though.
 
Indy for longer races, Daytona for shorter races.
 
Indy, more history, and a better road coarse in my opinion.
 
I really could care less about Nascar ovals in GT, but I have to choose Daytona since it has a better environment. Plus, Daytona's road course, although it makes me start yawning after the first lap, it's way much better than Indy's road course.

Now, for photo mode, I have to admit that Indy in both of its configurations is much better.

This is all in my humble opinion.
 
Personally I prefer Indy right now because EVERYBODY that races NASCAR in GT5 almost always uses daytona. It's like they can't handle Indy or something. So I like Indy because it weeds out the total noobs that can't lift off the throttle and have to use racing soft tires on everything, even kei cars and mini's lol noobs
 
Indy for FGT
Daytona for NASCAR

Voted for Indy though, love the track.
 
Prefer Daytona, wish they had added bristol, martinsville or even Pocono. That would have been awesome. I even try to create my own short tracks! The road courses aren't even close, Daytona wins hands down. That and the fact I'm a Nascar(Rusty Wallace) fan for over 30 years and not a big Indy car fan helped my biased opinion.


p.s. - We had Infineon, why PD why did you not bring it back? :grumpy:
 
I'm not a big fan of ovals but if I have to choose it's definitely going to be Indy. The banking isn't as high so you can't just floor it and turn the wheel a bit occasionally.

Daytona has a much better road course though.
 
True, I wish they had more ovals, people say they're all the same but there's actually quite a lot of difference between each one.
 
I voted for Indianapolis because Daytona is too boring - just steering and accelerating ... :crazy: There's nearly no personal influence. In Indianapolis you need more skills to drive the curves perfectly (in my opinion).

:)

PS: But I'm just a European oval hater. ;) I don't think I ever will watch such a race. Race tracks should have hot curves - like women. :D
 
Back