POLL: INDY vs. DAYTONA

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 110 comments
  • 10,859 views
Ovals are generally boring, but Daytona is a classic. I can't imagine how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on Daytona USA arcade machines over the years, so it's got a bit of a special place in my heart. And yea, I'm aware that the actual course has never been features in a Daytona USA game. :)

Both venue's road courses suck, IMHO, though I'd have to give the win to Daytona again. At least the infield section has some sense of flow to it, instead of "gas, brakes, 90-180* turn, repeat."
 
I'm over ovals from Indy grinding all day.

Full throttle flat out with left turn after left turn after left turn. Woo exciting...:yuck:
 
Hate both equally. The only oval i could tolerate was a test course in GT4, but just for the testing purposes.
 
I like racing at indy more simply because its easier to make the turns... you can easily get away with driving indy without any brakes at all, daytona is a different story... they really arent comparable in the traditional nascar sense. one is a 4 turn track the other is a 3 turn track...
 
Of the ovals...Daytona. Indy's just too flat and kind of annoying.
 
Spa Francochamps - It's the most beautiful track in the whole world, in my humble opinion, it is even better than the green hell.

I hate ovals and Nascar races in ovals!! They might be great to watch but I was going to eat my G25 when doing the race on Daytona in Nascar :/
 
Darlington is misshaped due to a pond someone must of really loved.
150px-Darlington_raceway.svg.png

:lol: That might be it, then. Although, I "hated" the (Motegi) Super Speedway in GTs 2 - 4, but I see that has a shallower banking.
 
INDIANAPOLIS
since i done well over 1000 laps grinding money and exp -_-
 
Darlington is misshaped due to a pond someone must of really loved.


150px-Darlington_raceway.svg.png

Brasington's plan called for a true oval, but the racetrack's design had to be changed in order to satisfy Sherman Ramsey, the landowner, who did not want his nearby minnow pond disturbed. The west end of the track (Turns 3 and 4) was narrowed to accommodate the fishing hole, creating Darlington's distinctive egg-shaped design.

http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/Legend-of-Darlington/Darlington-History.aspx
 
I'm from Europe so would much prefer say Monza to an Oval. But the AI in A-spec and Bob in B-Spec were so frustrating in the Daytona races. Even after doing the A-spec Indy 500, I still enjoy driving Indy.
 
good for grinding but so so boring, daytona is nicer
 
Indy for two reasons.

1. I'm from Indy.
2. Dayton a is boring and not challenging, where Indy can be challenging.
 
As a fan of motorsports, I had only one option: "Why did I even bother reading this thread, I HATE OVALS."

A true race, in my opinion, involves acceleration, high speed, braking, and cornering. High speed ovals only incorporate one of these, therefore it is only 1/4 of a race. I feel cheated everytime I race on an oval; three of the four things I love about motorsports is removed.

If you wanted to play solitare, and were given a deck made up of only the 13 spades, wouldn't you feel cheated?
 
I don't prefer either oval. I just don't care for them. Asking which I prefer is like asking whether I prefer a turd sandwich or a glass of urine.

However, Indy requires a little more skill than Daytona. You could chop one of your car's wheels off and still get it around Daytona pretty comfortably... just about.
 
Daytona baby. Simply hold down the throttle throughout the entire race.
 
DAYTONA because I like it better since GT5P.
 
I'm european and GT5 has kind of made me like NASCAR lol.

Daytona.
 
xX_F Alonso_Xx
I'm european and GT5 has kind of made me like NASCAR lol.

Daytona.

Haha, NASCAR is not to bad, because there is alot of overtaking, and crashing, the only problem, is that they always race on 2-4 corner race tracks. Which is really boring.
 
Haha, NASCAR is not to bad, because there is alot of overtaking, and crashing, the only problem, is that they always race on 2-4 corner race tracks. Which is really boring.

Exactly. This is what there isn't in F1, overtaking. I still watch it though. I miss the good old days of the V10 back in 2005. :grumpy:
 
Monza! The green hell of ovals!
 
i like the one they left out of this gt :( was called the test course :(
 
I voted for Daytona. but I like Indy better, hard to explain.. Indy looks better. Daytona more fun :D anyway i dont like ovals so much.
 
Daytona!
Nascar is awesome. At Talladega last week there was a 3-wide finish...
Johnson beat Boyer by 0.002 second!
 
Back