POLL: Lil' Wayne Fans, are there any on GTPlanet?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 71 comments
  • 6,219 views

Lil' Wayne?


  • Total voters
    4
Messages
1,477
United States
New York, U.S.A
Messages
XxOnLySBz4mExX
Is anyone out there a fan of Lil' Wayne?

He is my favorite artist of all time.
My custom GT5 playlist only consists of Lil' Wayne songs/songs that he's featured on. (and yes I mean ONLY.)

For those who are Lil' Wayne challenged CLICK HERE for a short biography/recap of his life.

Post your opinions of Lil' Wayne here.
Thanks in advance. :)
 
Last edited:
For me he doesn't even get into the top 100. His music is OK, and he's clearly a talented producer/manager, but I can't stand him personally, he seems to think the world is in the wrong for sending him to jail for firearms offenses and he now has the entirety of Young Money going on about how he should be let out in all their music.

Wayne, you broke the law, do your time with dignity, deal with it...
 
For me he doesn't even get into the top 100. His music is OK, and he's clearly a talented producer/manager, but I can't stand him personally, he seems to think the world is in the wrong for sending him to jail for firearms offenses and he now has the entirety of Young Money going on about how he should be let out in all their music.

Wayne, you broke the law, do your time with dignity, deal with it...

He served his time already, he was released a few months early for good behavior on November 4, 2010.
 
Last edited:
He served his time already, he was released a few months early for good behavior on November 4, 2011.

Really? Shame. I guess I don't care enough to have bothered finding out LOL

Also, 'good behaviour'? Not very 'Gangsta' is it. LMAO
 
Can't stand the dude, the only tracks I have that have Lil' Wayne on them, are Drop The World, Forever, and Barry Bonds.

As far as rap goes, it's all about Kanye and Eminem.
 
Where's the option "I know him, but don't like him."?
 
I also enjoy, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Kanye but I prefer Lil' Wayne and the rest of Young Money more.
 
I also enjoy, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Kanye but I prefer Lil' Wayne and the rest of Young Money more.

I'd be willing to bet that, in five years, everyone will still be loving Kanye Eminem and Jay-Z, but the same people will be like 'young money who?' :)
 
In the poll when I say "listen" I also mean "heard at least 1 of his songs."
 
I'd be willing to bet that, in five years, everyone will still be loving Kanye Eminem and Jay-Z, but the same people will be like 'young money who?' :)

I'm sure Drake and Nicki Minaj can keep things rolling.
 
He's talented, but nowhere near the best. I really like his stuff from 2-3 years ago like Drought 3, Dedication 2, etc. His last good solo material IMO was Carter III. Can't say I'm really much of a fan of his newer, more autotune heavy style.

Still, I listen to his older stuff a lot so you can consider me a fan.
 
He's talented, but nowhere near the best. I really like his stuff from 2-3 years ago like Drought 3, Dedication 2, etc. His last good solo material IMO was Carter III. Can't say I'm really much of a fan of his newer, more autotune heavy style.

Still, I listen to his older stuff a lot so you can consider me a fan.

Straight outta jail and he's starting to make a comeback, you should listen to "6 Foot 7 Foot" and "Roman's Revenge 2.0" just to name a few.
 
Nicki Minaj, and Drake are the only solid Young Money artists imo.
 
De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy... not Lil' Wayne
 
De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy... not Lil' Wayne


I wouldn't make myself choose, I like all of the above. There's a ton of good older rap, but I like a lot of new stuff too.
 
I love his old stuff, but a lot of his new stuff is garbage lyrically. He's really turned himself into a "trendy teen, club track" kind of artest, and its really gotten annoying, especially when he starts calling himself one of the greatest.

He fell short on the Jay Z diss he made a while ago, and then he tried to sell a bunch of rehersed crap as "freestyle". He was the weakest link by far on Drakes - Forever song, and honestly it would have been better with his part missing, mostly due, but not entirely due to the fact that he loves recycling lyrics as if no one has heard any of his other songs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Carter 1 and everything before that, then he started to slide down hill for me. I'll say he has skill, but falls very far back in my top 100.
 
I love to drive to Lil Wayne music!!!
 
De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy... not Lil' Wayne

👍

That's more like it. Hip-Hop.

Rap............ Not in any way a fan. Spend five minutes listening to the ridiculous lyrics of most "rap" (as opposed to Hip-Hop) songs, and it should be a huge deterrent.




;)
 
👍

That's more like it. Hip-Hop.

Rap............ Not in any way a fan. Spend five minutes listening to the ridiculous lyrics of most "rap" (as opposed to Hip-Hop) songs, and it should be a huge deterrent.




;)

:ouch:
 
👍

That's more like it. Hip-Hop.

Rap............ Not in any way a fan. Spend five minutes listening to the ridiculous lyrics of most "rap" (as opposed to Hip-Hop) songs, and it should be a huge deterrent.




;)

Rap died when Tupac and Biggie were killed. Hip-hop is the bland "Call of Duty" every year form of rap.

If Lil Wayne spoke more about the plight and problems with society in his songs than just "green and yellow" in his latest song, then Lil Wayne gets a nod from me.

But radio nowadays like to kill music by repeating the same song over and over and over again.

Don't get me started on Rihanna. "Rude boy can you get it up?"

What kind of garbage is that? Music really lost most of its character when artists apparently have to swear or be sexual to gain an audience.
 
I'll pick Ludacris or The Pharcyde or Cypress Hill over Lil Wayne any day of the week.

He's terrible... sorry.
 
I'll pick Ludacris or The Pharcyde or Cypress Hill over Lil Wayne any day of the week.

He's terrible... sorry.

Ludacris and Cypress Hill can get funny in their songs.

Especially Ludacris.
 
I've heard quite a lot of his stuff, but I have to say, really don't like the vast majority of it.
 
I'll pick Ludacris or The Pharcyde or Cypress Hill over Lil Wayne any day of the week.

He's terrible... sorry.

Westside Connection > Cypress Hill

The Gangsta', the Killa' and the Dope Deala'
 
Rap died when Tupac and Biggie were killed. Hip-hop is the bland "Call of Duty" every year form of rap.

Hip-Hop is a current genre. Rap is a current genre. Both are still alive and well. They have both evolved over the years, but they remain classified as such.




;)
 
Back