POLL: Lil' Wayne Fans, are there any on GTPlanet?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 71 comments
  • 6,219 views

Lil' Wayne?


  • Total voters
    4
Hip-Hop is a current genre. Rap is a current genre. Both are still alive and well. They have both evolved over the years, but they remain classified as such.




;)

So true, I hate when people say "Oh Hip-Hop is dead". Everything needs to change if it's good or bad. I like lil wayne too. If you listen to any artist today they change and raps about nothing important, Wayne, Kanye, Jay-Z, Eminem, etc. etc.
 
I'm not into rap that much, although I used to listen constantly to Eminem/Ludacris rap because it was hilarious:lol:

As for Lil Wayne, stereotypical gangsta:cool: Something which I don't really appreciate in my conservative lifestyle:D

I prefer local Maldivian songs to listen to:D
 
Not a fan, but hes a Packer fan and made "Green & Yellow" so I like him in that sense.

But the best rapper- Tupac. He wasn't rapping about all his money ,name in lights, or all his women. He rapped about issues, and they were insanely good ryming.

Best Group- RUN DMC. Rapped about issues just like Tupac. Best one was "Its like that". Awesome beat, great rhyme, and talks about real stuff. And they were cool, didn't care about street cred. Hell, they even rapped on Reading Rainbow. Wouldn't see Lil Wayne do that, would ya?



Edit :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hN1SKVx31s
Damn youtube wont work
 
@BigMackAttack: I embedded the youtube video for you. :)

 
Lil' Wayne is trash. Problably in the 10 worst rappers of history honestly.

Rap doesn't get much better than this...

 
Nice, he's got a real Wu sound to him that I love. 👍
 
Where's the 'meh' option in the poll? I think his lyrics really aren't anything special, and his voice kind of turns me away from his music. But some of his tracks go really hard!

Six Foot Seven Foot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4jGiMKx850
(Linked because of profanity)
 
People should consider listening to the orchestral in video game soundtracks...It made me think about why mainstream music is even popular
 
Ya'll better like me..just saying

:lol: :bowdown: :lol:
There is no way that your Lil' Wayne.

You spelt Lil' Wayne wrong when you signed up for GTPlanet, you put "Lil' Wanye" :lol: :bowdown: :lol:
 
XxOnLySBz4mExX
:lol: :bowdown: :lol:
There is no way that your Lil' Wayne.

You spelt Lil' Wayne wrong when you signed up for GTPlanet, you put "Lil' Wanye" :lol: :bowdown: :lol:

No duh bro
 
Actually, it could be lil Wayne, judging by how he got caught with all that crap, he might be dumb enough to spell his own name wrong...I'm just saying
 
Oh man, I'm in between choice 1 and 2. As much as I want to dislike Lil Wayne I can't help but like a lot of it. Thats due to the sheer volume of songs he puts out. I feel if you listen to rap music whether you would admit it or not there must be at least one Lil Wayne song that you kind of like.
 
Oh man, I'm in between choice 1 and 2. As much as I want to dislike Lil Wayne I can't help but like a lot of it. Thats due to the sheer volume of songs he puts out. I feel if you listen to rap music whether you would admit it or not there must be at least one Lil Wayne song that you kind of like.

I'm sure everyone has to like at least 1 Lil' Wayne song also, there is just so much to choose from. :)
 
I hear him frequently due to my brother, but I don't like him. I prefer old-school N.W.A type, it all falls on my belief that rap was once the voice of the people, now it's been turned into the voice for the people. I mean a bunch of kids listen to people like Lil' Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, and the god-awful Mack Miller (some white-boy wannabe) and they're like "dude, they said smoke pot, let's go get some pot" :dunce:

That's why I like old-school. And Eminem. He barely raps about how many gold chains he has.

But with Wayne, I can cut him some slack because he's still a very good artist, and the amount of metaphors/similes he uses is profound.
 
But with Wayne, I can cut him some slack because he's still a very good artist, and the amount of metaphors/similes he uses is profound.

👍 I love Weezy's amazing metaphors/similes.

Do you have a favorite?
 
👍 I love Weezy's amazing metaphors/similes.

Do you have a favorite?

I do not have a favorite as I don't listen to him; I only hear him because of my brother. I'm not a fan of his, but I respect him as an artist.
 
I do not have a favorite as I don't listen to him; I only hear him because of my brother. I'm not a fan of his, but I respect him as an artist.

Ok, thanks anyway. :)
 
Why is there no option that says "No, I don't listen to Lil' Wayne's music because he's a terrible artist"?
 
Why is there no option that says "No, I don't listen to Lil' Wayne's music because he's a terrible artist"?

Yea, I kinda set up the POLL incorrectly.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this may/may not have caused. :)
 
These kind of people/rappers should have never existed. They have sully the music industry and the name of Music it self. Thats my opinion!
 
I need an option for "He sucks and I DONT listen to his non-music"

And for those keeping track, non-music is music that is not.
 
Wait.. Lil' Wayne has fans?
 
Yeah, they're all 12 year old girls who think he's gangsta, dawg!
 
I don't love his music but it's good for banging subwoofers.
 
These kind of people/rappers should have never existed. They have sully the music industry and the name of Music it self. Thats my opinion!

The thing with music is that it is always a matter of personal taste.
Who are you to judge who has the right to excist and who hasn't?
Just listen to music you like to listen to and that makes you happy.
Complaining about music you don't like is just a waste of energy...

As for the OP:
Yes, I listen to Lil' Wayne. Got the Carter III, nice album (though not all songs are great).
As for the Poll: I don't love his music. Just like it...

Other rappers I listen to:
Eminem, Snoop, Dre, Method Man, Wu Tang, Paul Wall... and of course Dutch HipHop ;)
 
Question: Why isn't there an option for "No, I don't listen to him music because he's a TERRIBLE artist"? There is only one rap song in the world that I like. As far as I'm concerned they forgot the 'C' in front of the name when they created it 👍

In summery: As there is no satisfactory poll option for my requirements, I'm going to go with the next best which is: 'What is a Lil' Whine?'
 
Back