Poll/Petition: PD please add an "online driving physics" option in practice mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter stormbringer
  • 49 comments
  • 3,304 views

Online physics option in offline practice mode


  • Total voters
    87
Messages
1,368
Messages
GTP-Stormbringer
Man, I'd love to have this option in the game. It would make practice mode so much more fruitful for online enthusiasts.
 
Man, I'd love to have this option in the game. It would make practice mode so much more fruitful for online enthusiasts.

+1million on this. What a brilliant thing this would be!

edit, there´s another poll out there, where it´s asking for a link to your garage, while practising offline.
 
Hold on. What do you mean by online driving physics? Be specific. You want tougher physics? More understeer? More oversteer? I just wanna be clear.
 
+1million on this. What a brilliant thing this would be!

edit, there´s another poll out there, where it´s asking for a link to your garage, while practising offline.


I started up this poll since this idea dawned on me after I setup that poll. There doesn't seem to be an option to edit polls after they've been submitted.
 
Hold on. What do you mean by online driving physics? Be specific. You want tougher physics? More understeer? More oversteer? I just wanna be clear.

There's a very apparent difference between online and offline physics.
There is much more under/oversteer. The curbs are a lot more slipperier etc
 
Mabye just stating the obvious here, but wouldn't praticing online fix both problems?
 
The difference in handling is probably down to tyre wear when online (if it is selected), which cannot be set in practice mode? otherwise, i don't have a clue what you are talking about...
 
Mabye just stating the obvious here, but wouldn't praticing online fix both problems?

Setting up a room every time you want to change tracks, moody internet connections and servers are among some of the issues which make it very inconvenient and time consuming, at least for me.
 
Gets my vote
 
The difference in handling is probably down to tyre wear when online (if it is selected), which cannot be set in practice mode? otherwise, i don't have a clue what you are talking about...

Down to tyre wear until the very first corner? Not really...

From what I experienced, laptimes offline are faster. What exactly this causes, I don´t know. Maybe tyre physics, maybe fuel amount differences (weight), maybe grip, you name it. But that isn´t really the question here since it´s clear that there IS a difference between online and offline physics where there shouldn´t be any...
 
open up your own private lobby in 'my community' and bobs your uncle. this is where i tune my cars since 99% of my racing is online.
 
open up your own private lobby in 'my community' and bobs your uncle. this is where i tune my cars since 99% of my racing is online.

Thats the closest way to get. I heard there may be even differencies in physics between open lobby and lounge? :eek:
 
The difference in handling is probably down to tyre wear when online (if it is selected), which cannot be set in practice mode? otherwise, i don't have a clue what you are talking about...

For all of you moderators that saw my recent thread on online physics and trying to find someone who didn't notice the difference this is exactly what I'm talking about!!! You seemed to be of the opinion that it was a forgone conclusion that they were different, I am not certain its a certainty and here's the kind of guy I wanted to talk to!!

So dude, are you saying that you experience no diff online vs. offline? Have you done extensive racing online, enough to know there is no difference to you? If so, what is your set up? How are you connected? Cable or router?
 
The difference in handling is probably down to tyre wear when online (if it is selected), which cannot be set in practice mode? otherwise, i don't have a clue what you are talking about...

This is the most common answer I see and its pure baloney. I practiced with my Suzuki Cappucino the other day and from the very first corner of the very first lap, I was 2.5 seconds faster (pace wise) offline vs. online at Cape Ring South, a very slippery track online in this car. Offline, the car is glued to the track. It has absolutely nothing to do with tire wear or any mechanical difference.
 
I dont want to have "online driving physics" in practice mode offline, i just want the same physics everywhere!
 
Well, I did not read well before vote... I think what they have to to is make them the same for online and offline..., no care about an option for that.
 
madforce
i dont want to have "online driving physics" in practice mode offline, i just want the same physics everywhere!

+1000
 
Just practice in a lounge on your own... I never use the offline practice mode except for quick photos.
 
tbh i cant tell the difference between on and off line
 
Glad to see others see the same thing as I have. I take the same car offline and use it online and its like a different car.
 
I dont know how people can notice the 2 physics models and not come to this conclusion:

I dont want to have "online driving physics" in practice mode offline, i just want the same physics everywhere!

Instead I've heard many solutions that skirt the real problem, theres even a request/post in the feedback section (requesting 1 physics model) that Jordan has claimed has been resolved because we can now set tire wear, but theres still 2 physics models.
 
The difference in handling is probably down to tyre wear when online (if it is selected), which cannot be set in practice mode? otherwise, i don't have a clue what you are talking about...

It is very different. A car that is perfectly balanced in offline practice mode not only becomes excessively loose, it also runs ~3% slower lap times even when tuned back to balanced. It almost seems like online mode downgrades the tire's grip 1 level (as if your sport softs only have sport medium grip online).

Mabye just stating the obvious here, but wouldn't praticing online fix both problems?

Assuming you aren't disconnected from the server every 5 laps (like is currently happening to me) this works. But even when that isn't happening only your last 3 lap times are listed (along with your best lap). Plus no ghost cars to help you figure out which lines and throttle/brake points are faster -- you just have to go by how much you are +/- when you hit one of the sector checkpoints.


open up your own private lobby in 'my community' and bobs your uncle. this is where i tune my cars since 99% of my racing is online.

The only thing this does is keep randoms from barging into your practice. It still lacks the offline practice mode features and you're still at the mercy of the server connection.
 
Last edited:
I would much rather have an offline physics option in online lobbies.
 
Assuming you aren't disconnected from the server every 5 laps (like is currently happening to me) this works. But even when that isn't happening only your last 3 lap times are listed (along with your best lap). Plus no ghost cars to help you figure out which lines and throttle/brake points are faster -- you just have to go by how much you are +/- when you hit one of the sector checkpoints.

How true 👍

Same is happening with me the last weeks. Many connection issues bit of p*ss me off trying to get online. That´s why it would be so essnetial to equal out the physics. Offline practice mode has just the better "time attack management".
 
Offline mode is not seeing fuel load. Just add 150 or so kg ballast to act as full tank.
 
I don't see why the physics would/should be different at all.. seems like a weird thing to be happening in a game that's heavily dependent on real world scenarios.. "The real driving simulator"
 
There's a very apparent difference between online and offline physics.
There is much more under/oversteer. The curbs are a lot more slipperier etc

Okay, that makes sense. I voted "yes" because it would be nice to make things consistent from A-spec to online racing. It's not a top priority for PD to "get on this" in my opinion, but consistency would be nice.
 
Back