[POLL] Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 139 comments

Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure if I understand your logic, so one can say: "Yes, I will be glad with only time trials in the DLC because personally I don't like Senna".

At least a couple of people have done so. It's not logic, it's what happened, and what started all this.

How is that not relevant? People were asked to explain their votes and did so.

I'm not interested in Senna content, so naturally I'm happy with only a time trial, or no time trial.

I know Senna was an F1 driver. If I was more interested about Senna I would have done some research to find out more about him. If I had done research about him, I wouldn't need some PD section on him. Seeing as I'm not interested about Senna, I also do not need some PD section on him.

I don't want to come across like I dislike him. If there is something added to the game, there is every chance I will just ignore it.

I pre ordered the game, picked it up the day it was released and I still have not got my S license or started on goodward festival content.

Right now, my login bonus is maxed, so I have played at least 5 days consecutively. I just tune and drive the cars I like the most (mostly) and I have completely ignored any car or race or other content in GT6 that does not appeal to me.

Don't care about Senna. I am a car enthusiast, not a motorsport or celebrity fan. So better make it interesting like adding a new track. It still wouldn't be enough, but at least a track is useful. Mario Andretti;s Hudson was at least useful and fun since you could enter various events with it. I don't see that happening with this Lotus.

Still waiting for quality content, PD. Give me a good reason to play GT6 again.

Not sure if I understand your logic, so one can say: "Yes, I will be glad with only time trials in the DLC because personally I don't like Senna".
Also: "I don't care about Senna, just give me his cars and more tracks".
Hmm, not sure how it is relevant to the thread question.
Well, I got your point but as everything in life, no matter how good some people like it, some hate it, some don't care. The on topic/off topic thing shouldn't be exagerated, as long as they don't brake forum rules let them speak and express their vote we can always beg to differ. I'm not for censorship.

That said Senna for me is the best driver ever and I understand your skepticism on people not liking him. But in the end is not a big deal.

It's like when I was 12 years old and pretended all the people must like Ferrari,
unsurprisingly it didn't work. :)

No, but given the fact that it's PD that we're talking about here I really doubt that it's going to be more than a time trial.

I dont know how you could implement racing content without PD modelling all the cars from that specific season, which would be hilariously expensive for them.

Dont hold your breath for racing content.

At best, we are going to have a staggered race featuring all of his cars, from Go-Kart to F1.

I dont know how you could implement racing content without PD modelling all the cars from that specific season, which would be hilariously expensive for them.

Breaking news: One make series
With one make series you don't need to model anything new, just a couple of livery templates and then different color combinations as they did on FGT.

I could do it for FREE in no more than 2 days if they give me Lotus wireframe. Not kidding.

Last edited:
Breaking news: One make series
With one make series you don't need to model anything new, just a couple of livery templates and then different color combinations as they did on FGT.

I could do it for FREE in no more than 2 days if they give me Lotus wireframe. Not kidding.

Not only that, most of his career was driving cars that lend themselves well to one make series. Karts, Formula Ford 1600 and 2000, Formula 3. Formula 1 is the only one that would require a field of cars to replicate, and it would be acceptable to have that as a one make series with the Lotus as well. Most people know that the F1 licenses are horribly restrictive.

Ayrton Senna DLC, I would be very pleased if we got the following:

Cars:
DAP Racing Kart '79
Kart Bercy '93
Toleman TG184 '84
Ralt RT3 Base Model '83
Ralt West Surrey Racing RT3 '83
Van Diemen RF81 Base Model '81
Van Diemen RF81 '81
Lotus 97T JPS '85
Lotus 98T JPS'86
Lotus 99T Camel'87
Lotus Esprit Tribute Ayrton Senna '94
Ayrton Senna Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 '84
Honda NSX Ayrton Senna (license plate BSS-8888) '93
Ayrton Senna Porsche 956 Joest '85 (is not gonna happen since it's Porsche)

Tracks:
Autódromo de Interlagos
Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Kartódromo Municipal Ayrton Senna

If you want to vote on some of Ayrton's cars which I suggested, just visit my website (see signature).
You don't vote for me but for Senna!
Many thanks in forward.

sennas_cars.jpg

Last edited:
Ayrton Senna DLC, I would be very pleased if we got the following:

Cars:
DAP Racing Kart '79
Kart Bercy '93
Toleman TG184 '84
Ralt RT3 Base Model '83
Ralt West Surrey Racing RT3 '83
Van Diemen RF81 Base Model '81
Van Diemen RF81 '81
Lotus 97T JPS '85
Lotus 98T JPS'86
Lotus 99T Camel'87
Lotus Esprit Tribute Ayrton Senna '94
Ayrton Senna Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 '84
Honda NSX Ayrton Senna (license plate BSS-8888) '93
Ayrton Senna Porsche 956 Joest '85 (is not gonna happen since it's Porsche)

Tracks:
Autódromo de Interlagos
Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Kartódromo Municipal Ayrton Senna

If you want to vote on some of Ayrton's cars which I suggested, just visit my website (see signature).
You don't vote for me but for Senna!
Many thanks in forward.

sennas_cars.jpg

Nice DLC, it will be awesome ;) !
But do you really expect this amount of work from PD ?

Nice DLC, it will be awesome ;) !
But do you really expect this amount of work from PD ?

No I do not expect PD should give us all these DLC, but maybe the give us 3 cars .... fans will always dream!

Aren't these two names for the same place? Or is there something I'm missing?

Basically yes but there has been to different layouts, sorry if I created some confusion.

Interlagos_1973.jpg

Used from 1973 - 1977

434.jpg

Also: "I don't care about Senna, just give me his cars and more tracks".
Hmm, not sure how it is relevant to the thread question.

If people don't like Senna, and aren't that interested in the DLC, just remember that the 97T was also driven by Elio De Angelis. Another great driver who was taken too soon!

I think the content will be enjoyable to anyone, regardless of their views on Senna. The driving experience is all that matters really.

I voted no, I wouldn't be happy with just a TT because I want the car too! :lol:

Honestly, I'm expecting Interlagos and its kart track, (maybe both the pre-1990 really long circuit and current one if we're lucky)

Apparently we're also getting 80's layouts for Monza and Brands, not that they were hugely different to begin with layout wise.

Oh and an adorable Kart.

Classic F1 cars aren't. They might have been back when they were racing, but even that is debatable.

And yet if someone doesn't hold that opinion, they're disqualified from being a car enthusiast?
Yes but F1 cars are still the pinnacle of engineering in cars no matter what they look like.

Yes but F1 cars are still the pinnacle of engineering in cars no matter what they look like.

Got any reasoning to go with that? Modern day Formula 1 cars are crippled by all sorts of regulations designed specifically to make them go slower. This isn't exactly a new thing, this has been a part of Formula 1 for decades.

The 80's and 90's saw the banning of ground effects, the banning of turbocharging, the banning of active suspension and drivers aids such as traction control and anti-lock brakes. Hardly the pinnacle of engineering, when the teams aren't even allowed to explore what were some of the more ground-breaking technologies of the day, technologies that thirty years on are starting to become commonplace in road cars (well, not ground effects , obviously, but the rest of the stuff can be found on road cars in 2014).

F1 cars haven't been at the pinnacle of engineering since F1 became big business, if they ever were. These days we have things like LMPs, which while strictly slower on the track are arguably greater technical achievements for being able to finish a 24 hour race, something a Formula 1 car could never do. We have experimental cars like the Deltawing. And some of the land speed record contesting cars are truly amazing; I have no idea how they manage to go that fast on wheels.

I think you're ignoring a lot of great design to be claiming that Formula 1 cars are the absolute pinnacle of car engineering. While they are indeed amazing creations and I remain impressed with what new things the designers manage every year, I think it's doing a disservice to designers in other categories of motorsport who work just as hard and are just as innovative, if not more so, to dismiss their vehicles just because they're not Formula 1 cars.

Formula 1 may be the fastest around a road course in a sprint race, but there's so much more breadth to motorsport than just that.

Back