[POLL] Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 139 comments

Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know about this one to be honest, would I be happy to an extent yes because they actually did something of a commitment to us as players and fans. Also a TT is pretty much what I would sort of expect because they can't be hassled to do more than just the car it seems as the stance they(PD) sometimes take. I would appreciate more productivity and a bigger attempt at being different thus a new track or more F1 but the lesser cars from the era to race (the later highly optimistic and unlikely).

But it's hard to be mad at this point when it's basically what you expect from PD.

Last edited:
I'm not that excited about TT's to begin with, but if it comes with SRF optional along with other decidedly un-Senna aids, I may not enter the TT at all. I know it's a game and all, but if you're going to honour the man's legacy, don't dishonour him in the game by forcing or even leaving optional and aids that were not available on the car to begin with. I'd rather see 2 TT's side by side. One with the usual array of aids available for those that want it and another one with only what was available to Senna when he put the car on the pole.

lol at the negative comments.

No matter what PD do, there will always be negative people for whatever reason

First post has been updated.
UPDATE:
"No" actually means "No but good AI is mandatory".

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not saying they shouldn't give use a TT. I'm saying they shouldn't give us ONLY a TT.

Well, you have a point there.

But AI shortcomings shouldn't justify PD to deliver only time trials, that would be kind of a misleading vote. Because I think most people would be more happy with not only a TT but also some interesting racing events.

If I could modify the poll I would edit "No" into "No but good AI is mandatory" that would make more sense.

Beware I'm not saying they shouldn't give use a TT. I'm saying they shouldn't give us ONLY a TT.
I agree with you very much. Although, what will those other events be? :)

Don't start please...

UPDATE:
"No" actually means "No but good AI is mandatory".

I don't really get that. If I vote no it should mean "No, I will not be happy with only a time trial".

And no, I expect more than just a time trial. Wasn't there said that it would follow his career, or something? I'm pretty sure there were more to Senna's career than one car and one time trial.

But I also don't expect the complete story of his life, or perfect simulations of F1 races of the 1980's and 1990's. In fact, I don't expect very many races at all. I expect something more like an F1 school, where you get to do different challenges in his car(s?), like licence tests or like the AMG Driving School in GT5. In the end there may be a race where it's a duel between you and one other driver, kind of like the Red Bull fan car event.

Something of that size is what I'm expecting. And possibly a new track.

I don't really get that. If I vote no it should mean "No, I will not be happy with only a time trial".
Of course, but some people pointed out they voted "Yes" because AI in GT6 is too easy and in memory of Senna that would be even worse than only a TT. So I slightly edited the poll.
What you said:
No, I will not be happy with only a time trial
is not denied by any means. Poll update It actually means that + good AI.

Sound and AI is poop

Senna deserves better

=

SOUND AND AI UPDATE CONFIRMED !!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! :eek::D
LOL 👍

So one car and we should just forget everything else and obviously resign our critiques? I don't understand how that works, that's like cleaning one small section of the house and trying to garner happiness that the chores are getting done.

of course I want challenging races (but with the game AI, meh...), but they could also make this kind of challenge (it's at the beginning of the video), it's cool and depending on how much time they give the slower cars, it can be quite challenging.

instead of the porsche, they could use an NSX, a car strongly related to Senna.

and c'mon, Senna was a master in qualifying, it wouldn't hurt to also have time trials, but if they only make TT, that would be disapointing.

but the thing is, following the trend in GT6 of making things easier for the wider audience, like making the Red Bull challenges considerably easier in comparison with the GT5 ones, taking away all the challenge in the license tests and so on, I wouldn't expect any challenge out of it.

So one car and we should just forget everything else and obviously resign our critiques? I don't understand how that works, that's like cleaning one small section of the house and trying to garner happiness that the chores are getting done.
First of all nobody here knows exactly how much stuff is coming and yet some people already bash PD for briging something they still dont know. Its getting... funny?

Why are you guys so concerned with what PD is giving you? I thought it was more of a way to remember Senna, not to please you guys.
Seriously though, lets worry about that stuff tomorrow. Lets just take today to remember the amazing dude that Senna was.

Why are you guys so concerned with what PD is giving you? I thought it was more of a way to remember Senna, not to please you guys.
Seriously though, lets worry about that stuff tomorrow. Lets just take today to remember the amazing dude that Senna was.

Of course they're still doing it for the players. If they just wanted to remember Senna a video would do that.

To me a time trial isn't enough to consider 'tracing the roots of his career'.

This might also mean: Watch the video and the upcoming slideshows on gran-turismo.com memoring Senna and drive his car in a time trial on Interlagos. And the announcement would not be wrong.

This might also mean: Watch the video and the upcoming slideshows on gran-turismo.com memoring Senna and drive his car in a time trial on Interlagos. And the announcement would not be wrong.

You can't trace something just by watching the original, tracing means repeating it.

Of course they're still doing it for the players. If they just wanted to remember Senna a video would do that.
We just seem too greedy to me. "OH it took too long, we didnt even get the McLaren!" Jeez people. I'm fine with what we got right now.

I voted No. But not because I'm desperately wanting to race against AI rather than a Time Trial. I'd always prefer racing against the ghost of a real person rather than slow awful driving AI.

But I will be disappointed if it's just the one car and a time trial. My hope has been that they will use the Senna content release as the launch point for all the other features that have yet to be delivered. At this point with me PD has exactly one chance left to impress me and keep me as possible future customer. And that's to hit the Senna/Community content out of the park. Fail on this one and there's zero chance of a PS4/GT7 purchase from me. Can't imagine I'm the only one that feels that way.

I'm not interested in Senna content, so naturally I'm happy with only a time trial, or no time trial.

I know Senna was an F1 driver. If I was more interested about Senna I would have done some research to find out more about him. If I had done research about him, I wouldn't need some PD section on him. Seeing as I'm not interested about Senna, I also do not need some PD section on him.

I don't want to come across like I dislike him. If there is something added to the game, there is every chance I will just ignore it.

I pre ordered the game, picked it up the day it was released and I still have not got my S license or started on goodward festival content.

Right now, my login bonus is maxed, so I have played at least 5 days consecutively. I just tune and drive the cars I like the most (mostly) and I have completely ignored any car or race or other content in GT6 that does not appeal to me.

25irb09.jpg

Don't care about Senna. I am a car enthusiast, not a motorsport or celebrity fan. So better make it interesting like adding a new track. It still wouldn't be enough, but at least a track is useful. Mario Andretti;s Hudson was at least useful and fun since you could enter various events with it. I don't see that happening with this Lotus.

Still waiting for quality content, PD. Give me a good reason to play GT6 again.

25irb09.jpg

We've the new car which is always a good thing to have, but I'm not that bothered about Senna to be honest, so a TT would be enough for me. A new track would be good for everybody though.

Back