[POLL] Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 139 comments

Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair, there are signs that there might be more to this than just a TT. They obviously already have the car modeled, and if there is one thing they have plenty experience of, it's pushing out a TT to us.

So if that was all, we would probably have the Senna content today. It is after all yesterday and this weekend that all the media is making a big deal of his death 20 years ago. Late May would be very late to have any impact at all media-wise.

No way around it - YES it most likely be a time trial or a boring race with slow AI

The chances of PD updating the AI are low. Would be awesome but nope.

Chances for just the Senna cars to sound good are high. (Senna Lotus > Red Bulls)

Voice-overs ? In-game movie gallery ? I'd expect something like that.

Interlagos, Kart Track from intro ? I say Kart Track in the first one and Interlagos in the 2nd (rather optimistic this one)

So I expect stuff like...

Seasonal with Lotus

Seasonal with the Kart on new Kart Track

In career mode..

Race on Kart Track/grid start

For Lotus...

1 vs 1

Lotus 97t vs 15 slower cars on Nurburgring (yeah right..)

Championship with all 97t's - similar to RBs

Section challenges

If that's the case I might just take it the Ring and ignore their time trials - that is if the sound is right...

If it's the usual hoover I will find it hard to even drive it after watching all these videos in last 3 days - I have very good memory of the engine sound right now.

Last edited:
Frankly, time trial Seasonal events will be beyond pathetic, if that's what they're cooking up for us.

I'm just crossing my fingers that the sounds of the Lotus 97T is at least somewhat spot on. Would love to take it for a spin and dance with it on the 'Ring - in wet conditions. Won't be holding my breath though.

New Senna AI setting. Tired of the AI gifting you wins? Try new Senna AI. Not only does it have godly speed but if you ever get along side, it will ruthlessly run you off the road. You will never win a race offline again. :P

..and maybe add that "Prost/Balestre ON/OFF" -tab as an option. Just if you ever happen to win with "Senna AI", they will disqualify you due to some trivial rule or even change the rules mid-race if needed.. :P F1 truly was a circus back then.. 👍

f40
You know they'll just include a "Lotus 97T Base Model" :lol:

I think thats just what should and will happen.

I wonder how hard it would be to get lesser F1 cars. Like a Tyrrell, March, Lolas, Minardis...

I think its not the teams / manufacturers that would make it hard - there is this thing called F1 thats not known for cheap licenses..

I know that everything involved in GT6 is up in the air until we learn more of PD's plans for GT6 and GT7 at E3
E3 is just a press conference. Work continues on GT6/7 or whatever it is they are doing with no regard to E3 at all. That's just when the boss is out of the office and everyone can relax a little or get more done, whatever the case may be.

For me the best thing would be Interlagos and a kart track along with some lower powered cars like a Formula Ford. Sound is also critical for me, it's a huge part of my immersion. I don't even drive a lot of the new cars because the sound is so awful and will do the same with these cars if they just plug in generic sound packages like they did with the FXX, Quattro etc. But new tracks I can use with all the cars I do take out of the garage.

Maybe a special event consisting of a few time trials - Interlagos, Cote D'Azur, Suzuka perhaps?

I'm just crossing my fingers that the sounds of the Lotus 97T is at least somewhat spot on.
If even this one sounds like a hoover or a generic Formula car in GT it's the final proof PD doesn't care and I'll give up with the franchise.

I just hope whatever they add is finished. Not like the HSV DLC for GT5 which they added with absolutely abysmal sounds in it's initial form, then later adding what was presumably the actual final audio in a later patch, then editing it a third time. For premium DLC that really was terrible. The Senna content is obviously not paid but still, release it all in a finished state please PD. Not what you have ready now and then patch it a month later.

PD undoubtedly hope to sell some copies of GT6 because of this DLC. Quick look at people commenting on gaming sites and they might just get some boost.

This is PD chance to make good impression on not only us - the early buyers, but also everyone else. If they deliver quality content this time around it'll generate a lot of positive buzz.

If they disappoint though it'll further worsen people's perception of the series. The biggest part in making a good impression is very simple - the sound. If I was a Senna fan (or simply had a lot of respect for him as many do) and someone shared a YT video of the Lotus screaming on the Ring I would be all over it without questions. :)

I just hope whatever they add is finished. Not like the HSV DLC for GT5 which they added with absolutely abysmal sounds in it's initial form, then later adding what was presumably the actual final audio in a later patch, then editing it a third time. For premium DLC that really was terrible. The Senna content is obviously not paid but still, release it all in a finished state please PD. Not what you have ready now and then patch it a month later.
And that "month" usually become 3 or 4 months when you are lucky.

PD undoubtedly hope to sell some copies of GT6 because of this DLC. Quick look at people commenting on gaming sites and they might just get some boost.

This is PD chance to make good impression on not only us - the early buyers, but also everyone else. If they deliver quality content this time around it'll generate a lot of positive buzz.

If they disappoint though it'll further worsen people's perception of the series. The biggest part in making a good impression is very simple - the sound. If I was a Senna fan (or simply had a lot of respect for him as many do) and someone shared a YT video of the Lotus screaming on the Ring I would be all over it without questions. :)
I'm sure it'll have some small effect on sales but the game is millions behind as it is. Selling another 100,000 units won't make much of a dent in that. Plus the fact that its just content and not the promised features adds up to very little in most peoples minds I would guess.

The thing I would hate, is not only the half assed job itself, it's the unfair marketing they would have made before/immediately after GT6 release by using Senna name merely as "a GT6 feature" if you know what I mean. The update could be even free, doesn't change anything.
Wonder if PD teamed up with Senna Institute JUST to get access to his name/image/cars/life?

E3 is just a press conference.
I guess the Silverstone Reveal was just a press conference. ;)

But you could be right. I recall painfully watching at E3 2009 as Kaz stood awkwardly on stage holding a PSP and announcing GT Mobile was coming that fall, and everyone waited for the real Gran Turismo news until he quietly slunk off the stage. And then we got a GT5 trailer at the end that was... pending. And of course we found out how pending.

We could get punked again. Kaz could smile and talk about pending features for GT6 they're working on as everyone waits patiently for the real Gran Turismo news, until he finally leaves the stage. Then at the end, we get a big expansive floor to ceiling video of a car with live engine sounds overdubbed screaming down a track with crazy detail but a vague association we can't quite place. And all the while, the sun sets through streaming clouds and rain begins pouring and lightning begins striking the surroundings and tornadoes whip past and asteroids knock the planet out of orbit with nuclear war scale fury. And then as the screen darkens, the words GRAN TURISMO 7 come into view, and under it crawls COOOMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...............

(it really is coming)

*fades to black*

And we wonder what the hell we just sat through, and people all over the world expand and re-resolve every frame looking for clues, and we're as confused as ever as Kaz remains mum for months. :D

Hey, guess we'll find out in a little over a month.

No, just that people aren't allowed to express their disinterest in Senna.

It's a bit like back in the Dark Ages. You can believe whatever you like, but if you dare to voice your heathen beliefs you're probably going to get stoned in the village square.

Me, I think he's kind of overrated. He was a spectacular driver, but a lot of his racecraft was based around his reputation for bullying people off the road, and crashing out anyone who got in his way. There has been lots of fast drivers, and maybe he was faster than most. I can respect his driving ability, but I can't respect the way he was prepared to injure or kill to win. I respect good racecraft a lot more than I respect pure speed, and while you don't get to Formula 1 with poor racecraft, I don't think Senna was necessarily one of the greats in that respect.
I understand what you mean, but I don't think that's the case. If people really want to express how much they dislike Senna, they can simply create a new thread for that.
Personally, as a big Senna fan, it's displeasing to come to a Senna/GT6 related thread and see people saying: "Oh, he was a reckless idiot!", "I don't care about Senna" and so on.

I understand what you mean, but I don't think that's the case. If people really want to express how much they dislike Senna, they can simply create a new thread for that.
Personally, as a big Senna fan, it's displeasing to come to a Senna/GT6 related thread and see people saying: "Oh, he was a reckless idiot!", "I don't care about Senna" and so on.
It's more displeasing to me to see someone shouted down for having an opposite opinion to the majority, which is not the same as having a factual disagreement with the majority and being asked to back it up. The greatest in most sports are often polarizing figures, pretty rare for anyone to garner near universal approval.

The OP asked why some people had voted no, the general answer was they had no interest in Senna for one reason or another, I see nothing wrong with that. On top of that, I would be happy with just a TT because I have absolutely no interest in playing on A-spec, I always play online. :)

I would. Cars like this you don't race around other cars in real life; instead, if you want to run them, you rent the track for a day and thrash them solo. That way there's less of a risk of tearing up your priceless classic F1 car.

It's more displeasing to me to see someone shouted down for having an opposite opinion to the majority, which is not the same as having a factual disagreement with the majority and being asked to back it up. The greatest in most sports are often polarizing figures, pretty rare for anyone to garner near universal approval.
That's why I said people can always create a new thread to discuss this stuff. Let's save this thread for pertinent subject.

That's why I said people can always create a new thread to discuss this stuff. Let's save this thread for pertinent subject.

So instead of having one thread for discussion, you're suggesting that people who aren't of the opinion that Senna was the greatest thing since sliced bread should be segregated into another thread where they can't upset people like you?

I stick by my earlier comments, you're just replacing dark ages stonings with apartheid.

Frankly, I'm liking this one! It'll at least be nice to get a new car for a change, and an F1 car nonetheless. It makes me wonder if they're bringing back the Ferrari F1 cars taken out of GT5 to get some more F1 cars in ;P Plus the idea of a new course and some new challenges only make me want more. It's pretty nice to see everyone else looking forward to this too! Granted it's GTP and we have a tendency to twist these cool new dlc we're getting into something problematic. Oh well.

So instead of having one thread for discussion, you're suggesting that people who aren't of the opinion that Senna was the greatest thing since sliced bread should be segregated into another thread where they can't upset people like you?

I stick by my earlier comments, you're just replacing dark ages stonings with apartheid.
Ops, I forgot I was talking to the master of arguing, sorry. You can interpret that however you want, I don't like to argue with people who mislead our words anyway.
The victory is yours 👍

Senna's career was full of epic moments - even if PD delivers just Time Trials this time (again), they can do a better job than they did with others licenses in the past (such Nascar, Top Gear, etc)
Monaco and Suzuka are already in the game - just a little update to both tracks ('Wet Monaco' and Suzuka 80's) and we can replicate some of the best races of Ayrton
to go deeper in the career of Senna, they can bring us Interlagos, Estoril, Donington Park even Imola - with replicas of MP4/4 and TG184 with custom liveries to this tracks

i know PD has some restrictions on their license and, probably, this will never happen, but Kaz can deliver some content worthy of Senna's legacy - i hope he has the vision to put it on GT6
sorry for my broken english...

Ops, I forgot I was talking to the master of arguing, sorry. You can interpret that however you want, I don't like to argue with people who mislead our words anyway.
The victory is yours 👍

If you want to point out how I'm misinterpreting, feel free. As far as I can tell, you just don't want to be reminded that there are people who don't consider Senna as highly as you do.

First off, talking about whether or not you like Senna is off topic which is part of why he said to make another thread "Let's save this thread for pertinent subject."

Secondly, really?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-praising-and-crying-tears-of-joy-thread.300306/

and lastly, the situation here is the same as someone going into a thread like "What's your favorite track in GT6" and complaining that you don't like the game. Or going into a thread about the new Forza DLC and doing the same thing. It's off topic and does nothing but cause problems for everybody.

Everybody is entitled to there opinion and they have a right to share it, but there is a time and a place. This isn't it.

First off, talking about whether or not you like Senna is off topic which is part of why he said to make another thread "Let's save this thread for pertinent subject."

Secondly, really?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-praising-and-crying-tears-of-joy-thread.300306/

and lastly, the situation here is the same as someone going into a thread like "What's your favorite track in GT6" and complaining that you don't like the game. Or going into a thread about the new Forza DLC and doing the same thing. It's off topic and does nothing but cause problems for everybody.

Everybody is entitled to there opinion and they have a right to share it, but there is a time and a place. This isn't it.

You might want to read the entire thread before posting such silly comments :lol: As I said to Rafael, the OP specifically asked people who voted no to explain why, therefore saying you're not remotely interested in Senna and that you think he is overrated, is anything but off topic. The only thing that is off topic is attacking people who have that opinion and telling them to not post. :)

If you want to point out how I'm misinterpreting, feel free. As far as I can tell, you just don't want to be reminded that there are people who don't consider Senna as highly as you do.
It's not about Senna only, we could switch to any other great driver, like Schumacher, Prost... We own respect to all of them.
I just don't think this thread is the right place to discuss their faults.
As an example, why would I come here to bash Schumacher once I know many of his fans and compatriots would be pissed? It's a matter of sense and respect.
As I said, there's nothing bad in creating a thread for that purpose.

@Spurgy 777 I can't really agree with you on that, firstly because I didn't attack anybody, I was respectfully exposing my thoughts and I got answered with sarcasm and accusation of being an evil creature from the dark age. :confused:

Last edited:
It's not about Senna only, we could switch to any other great driver, like Schumacher, Prost... We own respect to all of them.
I just don't think this thread is the right place to discuss their faults.
As an example, why would I come here to bash Schumacher once I know many of his fans and compatriots would be pissed? It's a matter of sense and respect.
As I said, there's nothing bad in creating a thread for that purpose.

It's not about bashing Senna, and it's not becoming a discussion thread about their faults.

It's a thread about Senna DLC, and as @Spurgy 777 so eloquently pointed out, it's perfectly acceptable to express the reasons for your selection in a poll, especially when the OP asks the posters to. If the reasons for that selection are that you're not that interested in Senna, or you think that he wasn't that great a driver, then you and anyone else who thinks that holding that opinion is blasphemy will just need to hold your peace and move on. It's well within the confines of what the thread is about.

It's not about people discussing Senna, it's about people being able to express their opinion as it relates to the DLC, and if that includes their impressions of Senna then so be it.

It's not about bashing Senna, and it's not becoming a discussion thread about their faults.

It's a thread about Senna DLC, and as @Spurgy 777 so eloquently pointed out, it's perfectly acceptable to express the reasons for your selection in a poll, especially when the OP asks the posters to. If the reasons for that selection are that you're not that interested in Senna, or you think that he wasn't that great a driver, then you and anyone else who thinks that holding that opinion is blasphemy will just need to hold your peace and move on. It's well within the confines of what the thread is about.

It's not about people discussing Senna, it's about people being able to express their opinion as it relates to the DLC, and if that includes their impressions of Senna then so be it.
Not sure if I understand your logic, so one can say: "Yes, I will be glad with only time trials in the DLC because personally I don't like Senna".
Also: "I don't care about Senna, just give me his cars and more tracks".
Hmm, not sure how it is relevant to the thread question.

Back